October 04, 2024, 11:34:54 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

random video games you played as a child

Started by hobbit, August 16, 2010, 06:59:19 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

hobbit

what were yours? when i was younger i used to play mario is missing for the computer. it was educational game that taught you geography and social studies stuff. it was really random. also, i used to play this side-scrolling game called super bubsy. my grandpa gave it to me because he didn't know anything about video games. it was about some cat living in a cartoon world or something. i don't even remember the point of it.

i also used to play the shining force a lot as a kid. i'd play it for hours a day. it was the first rpg outside of pokemon that i owned and i loved it so much. it's basically sega's answer to fire emblem. so far it's the only strategy game that i've ever played.

what about you guys?

hobbit

Quote from: hobbit on August 16, 2010, 06:59:19 AM
what were yours? when i was younger i used to play mario is missing for the computer. it was educational game that taught you geography and social studies stuff. it was really random. also, i used to play this side-scrolling game called super bubsy. my grandpa gave it to me because he didn't know anything about video games and just picked a random game out of the blue. it was about some cat living in a cartoon world or something. i don't even remember the point of it. but it was actually kinda fun.

i also used to play the shining force a lot as a kid. i'd play it for hours a day. it was the first rpg outside of pokemon that i owned and i loved it so much. it's basically sega's answer to fire emblem. so far it's the only strategy game that i've ever played.

what about you guys?

Mando Pandango

Why did you just quote yourself?

Regardless, my old childhood computer had a bunch of great DOS games - Galactix, Duke Nukem, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, and a bunch of others I can't think of.

Oh, and Commander Keen. If you haven't played Commander Keen, you don't know shit about video games.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Thyme

I played mostly really mainstream stuff when I was young. You know, Nintendo's main dishes.

There's still one not as well known (but you still all know that game) as the Marios of this world, that I just kept renting and renting again, and that would be

[spoiler]
MOTHERFUCKIN' STUNT RACE FX!! badass

God, I loved that game. girl;[/spoiler]

Oh, and there's also that one Mickey Mouse game for the SNES where Mickey could wear different costumes and he'd have powers according to these costumes. That was pretty cool.

spaceman

Vectorman and Golden Axe and Streets of Rage on the Sega Genesis  wariodood;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

rdl

Everyone knows Bomberman, but no one played this game because all the reviewers were stupid and said that it sucked.

Classic

lol rdx of all people play bomberman </joke>
I loved Bomberman 64.  happydood;

Thyme

Andria

Mando Pandango

rdl

ME##

August 16, 2010, 02:35:33 PM #12 Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 05:03:34 PM by Àmbørthümbsee
I remember having some Looney Toons game, the train levels were a pain.  akudood;

Samus Aran

mostly the same games i still play - mario platformers, mega man games, donkey kong country games, mario rpg...i grew up on mostly excellent games with no nostalgia goggles necessary

there were a few, though, that i liked when i was little that i certainly don't know...like Scooby Doo, Pac Man Adventures 2, and Pac-Attack...all on the SNES

oh and two disney snes games that were actually fairly good but i haven't played in a long time (though i still own them)...lion king and toy story.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I grew up with mario. I played snes non stop.

ALSO FUCKIN SKIFREE WAS THE SHIT

Go Up