July 08, 2024, 09:37:19 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ENGINEER UPDATE

Started by Mando Pandango, July 05, 2010, 01:37:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Andria

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 11, 2010, 06:21:11 AM

just wait and play for about 10 minutes and it'll drop. Due to it being update week and server overload, drops will be delayed even for milestones

Yea I ended up getting it. My game apparently didn't update so when I logged out it ended up updating then I got my weapon.

So far I have southern hospitality and frontier justice from the update.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: ZIDONE on July 11, 2010, 08:30:17 AM
It's just 24-man stock maps with no crits or damage spread and only administrative plugins.

pretty nice if you don't want quakesounds or rtd or other bullshit like that akudood;

God damn I hate quake sounds, every server downloads it.Also balloons and random party hats and shit, come on guys. Takes like 5 minutes just to join the server for all the plug in BS. rtd is OK on all crit fuck around servers. Getting things like 20 seconds of instant kills is swell.

It is cool to get little global messages like "x got a triple kill" and the resulting cheers and jeers. Once I got one, felt badass, since I did it as a pyro in the middle of 2fort.
Quote from: Techo 1/2 on July 11, 2010, 12:07:12 PM
Yea I ended up getting it. My game apparently didn't update so when I logged out it ended up updating then I got my weapon.

So far I have southern hospitality and frontier justice from the update.

Just found out the formula for southern hospitality is apparently 1 scrap metal + ambassador. I can craft it right away, I have a ton of ambassadors for some reason whenever I get a random drop, and I HATE the ambassador.

Andria

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 11, 2010, 12:17:08 PM
.Just found out the formula for southern hospitality is apparently 1 scrap metal + ambassador. I can craft it right away, I have a ton of ambassadors for some reason whenever I get a random drop, and I HATE the ambassador.

Me too! I also had 3 flare guns so I could get rid of those too to get the scrap metal. It killed two birds with one stone!

the southern hospitality looks pretty awesome

KonohaShinobi

god damn, I wish there was a trade system! I accidentally crafted the one flare gun I got (thought I had dupes), and for some reason have not gotten one in a drop since, and I loved the flare gun. Now I have excess ambassadors  :(

Anyone ever have this happen: I only had 1 bonk juice, so I decided to craft it with an extra krietgrieg for crit o cola(waited forever for an extra bonk juice to drop, never happened), so I expected to not have the bonk juice anymore, but I did. So I now have both the Bonk and crit o cola. I assume it was a glitch, but idk.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 11, 2010, 06:21:11 AM
Gunslinger is crap, it seems like it's slower to upgrade friendly buildings, and mini sentries are meh.  Gunslinger is really useless.
You don't know how to use it. It's an offensive weapon. For one, upgrade rate is at least close to equal.

Second, it's an offensive weapon. You drop it in an area where it can get a few assists and maybe some kills. After it gets destroyed, you get some revenge crits on the Frontier Justice and go to town. THAT is what it's for.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

KonohaShinobi

July 11, 2010, 01:31:17 PM #35 Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:44:48 PM by KonohaShinobi
Quote from: Man of Popsicle on July 11, 2010, 01:11:34 PM
You don't know how to use it. It's an offensive weapon. For one, upgrade rate is at least close to equal.

Second, it's an offensive weapon. You drop it in an area where it can get a few assists and maybe some kills. After it gets destroyed, you get some revenge crits on the Frontier Justice and go to town. THAT is what it's for.

Been trying more of this, running into the middle of battle, dropping it, switching to pistol, shooting everything, sentry assissting, then it's gone, revenge kill.

BUT I find it slightly more useful, although more time consuming to build a level 2 sentry, move it into battle shoot along side it, and then revenge kill, use wrangler optionally and revenge kill.

Also, polycount winners are announced tomorrow, that should be interesting. The entries are really creative.

This is looking like a favorite: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73225

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqlIlfafz74

I like the razor and the silenced gun, it's cool.

StarPilot

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 11, 2010, 01:31:17 PM
Been trying more of this, running into the middle of battle, dropping it, switching to pistol, shooting everything, sentry assissting, then it's gone, revenge kill.

BUT I find it slightly more useful, although more time consuming to build a level 2 sentry, move it into battle shoot along side it, and then revenge kill, use wrangler optionally and revenge kill.

Personally I use the normal shotgun and pistol with the Gunslinger, cause you're still going to be doing the majority of the shooting. The minisentry is more of a diversion than something that kills. It's also useful in that its metal cost allows you to slap down a dispenser too without needing to get more metal.

I understand that the patch valve did to the game regarding level 3 minisentires  is supposed to prevent that from happening, but why does changing melee weapons also destroy ALL of your buildings? Maybe I'm using the Gunslinger and want to change to the wrench while I have a good teleporter and a full dispenser? Oh but the position needs to be fortified since I can't advance anymore. Well if I want to use my wrench, those very useful buildings will be destroyed when I grab my wrench out of the supply closet.

Also, finally got to try the Wrangler myself. It's kind of fun, and I suppose if you spam its firepower down a chokepoint while a teammate keeps it armed it could be good, but I don't really see a use for it. I also don't like that it makes you far more dependent on your sentry, as if it's gone all you have for range is your shotgun.

Go Up