July 08, 2024, 09:04:40 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ENGINEER UPDATE

Started by Mando Pandango, July 05, 2010, 01:37:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

StarPilot

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on July 08, 2010, 02:52:37 PM
Wrench 99 just dropped.

HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
So now I prepare to not play Engineer for the next 2 weeks unless I end up in a server with players that aren't achievement whores. I'll probably be playing a good amount of Pyro/Heavy for a while to counter the Engie counters.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: StarPilot on July 08, 2010, 02:57:53 PM
So now I prepare to not play Engineer for the next 2 weeks unless I end up in a server with players that aren't achievement whores. I'll probably be playing a good amount of Pyro/Heavy for a while to counter the Engie counters.
Yeah same here. Engie is my main but I'm willing to hold off because everyone wants DEM ITUMS.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

StarPilot

So the update is out, and I'm dling it now. A question comes to mind though, how does cutting off your own hand and replacing it with a mechanical one give you more health? Oh well. Also, 3 new official payload style maps and cp_coldfront is now an official community map.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: StarPilot on July 08, 2010, 05:33:44 PM
and I'm dling it now.
So it's actually OUT out.

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

KonohaShinobi

July 08, 2010, 05:43:00 PM #19 Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:47:21 PM by KonohaShinobi
So to conclude:
Quote from: /v/ thread
Added The Frontier Justice.
Added The Wrangler.
Added The Gunslinger.
Added The Southern Hospitality.
Added 35 Engineer achievements.
Engineers can now pickup & move their buildings.
Added Engineer main menu music.
Added 4 new maps:
Thunder Mountain, a 3 stage Payload map.
Hightower, a Payload Race map.
Upward, a Payload map.
ColdFront, a community built Capture Point map.
Item tuning:
The Sandvich now uses a cooldown timer, instead of the health pack recharge mechanic.
The Gunboats now reduce self-damage by 60% (was 75%)
The Tribalman's Shiv bleed duration reduced to 6 second (was 8), and its damage penalty increased to 50% (was 35%).
Added better feedback sound for Pyros on when their flamethrower is doing damage.
Fixed blood effect on bleeding player.
Added a glow effect to Payload carts.
Added Romanian language support.

what the fuck, sandvich timer? Nerfing Shiv AND Gunboats?
Quote from: Man of Popsicle on July 08, 2010, 05:36:41 PM
So it's actually OUT out.

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY.

I'm not DLing anything, except ANOTHER day of defeat update. Maybe it DLed while I was downstairs, idk, booting the game to check.Edit: Well fuck, cant even boot due to server overload.

Mando Pandango

The Shiv needed a nerf, badly. The bleedout, specifically.

Also I doubt you've downloaded it without trying. The US servers are incredibly busy. I would suggest changing your server location.

StarPilot

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on July 08, 2010, 05:47:35 PM
The Shiv needed a nerf, badly. The bleedout, specifically.

Also I doubt you've downloaded it without trying. The US servers are incredibly busy. I would suggest changing your server location.
Netherlands here. Getting around 150-200 kb/sec, but I'm willing to wait for the half-gig update to finish.

Also the Engie apparently got a taunt-kill involving a guitar. Honky Tonk Man specifically.

KonohaShinobi

AHHH ITS AWESOME! THIS IS WHAT THE ENGINEER SHOULD HAVE BEEN! Moving my buildings is awesome, CHANGING THE FUCKING DIRECTION, ITS ABOUT TIME!

Also the new bleed out effect is distracting as hell, with that MW2 fade to red and fade out effect.

The new map, Thundermountain is awesome, there are so many places to put sentries, and ways around the place it's crazy.

I like how all the engineer achievements are easily accessible and no reason to farm for them, got the frontier in one game of Payload.

All this and I  haven't even TOUCHED the wrangler, and gunslinger! So far, this is the best update.  giggle;

Also, did anyone else notice the new "Misc2" slot? THE EXCITEMENT IS ONLY BEGINNING TO BUILD!

plus the polycount stuff is speculated for releasing next week or so, this is awesome.

StarPilot

Well the new content is cool and all, but would it kill Valve to optimize thier new maps? I get an average of 15 fps idle on pl_upward, while the same settings gets me 50-70 fps idle on older maps like goldrush and badlands. It's not a subtle difference I can say that much.

Sandvich is broken, as if you eat one, you can't switch to it again until you either go to a resupply, or pick up a health pack when at full hp, which was supposed to be dropped in this update. Dropping a Sandvich however, works correctly as the cooldown timer functions properly when you drop one.

Scottish Resistance got the same effect payload carts got in that you can see an outline of them through walls and the outline changes color if you're targeting them.

Also, I agree that the "bleed" effect is a bit exaggerated and could be toned down or something. Keep it to the edge of vision or something so it isn't as distracting.

spaceman

Spy and Demo are my 2 main classes, this is amazing.

Mando Pandango

Wrangler is OP as shit. Other than that I'll be in heaven in about a week when all this dies down.

And I got the Southern Hospitality on the first random drop after playing post-update. badass

Andria

Aren't you suppose to get the Frontier Justice when you get the engineer milestone 1?  baddood;

or was my game right in not giving me anything wry

[hedy]Zidone

In less exciting news, the Engineer Update possibly brought forth six clones of everyone's least-favorite Earthbound-themed TF2 server, Fourside. akudood;

KonohaShinobi

Gunslinger is crap, it seems like it's slower to upgrade friendly buildings, and mini sentries are meh.  Gunslinger is really useless.

Wrangler is cool though, and it is really punishing for those who dont expect it, the range is ridiculous.

still waiting on Southern Hospitality to drop or attempt to craft it.
Quote from: Techo 1/2 on July 09, 2010, 04:48:44 PM
Aren't you suppose to get the Frontier Justice when you get the engineer milestone 1?  baddood;

or was my game right in not giving me anything wry

just wait and play for about 10 minutes and it'll drop. Due to it being update week and server overload, drops will be delayed even for milestones.
Quote from: ZIDONE on July 09, 2010, 10:19:45 PM
In less exciting news, the Engineer Update possibly brought forth six clones of everyone's least-favorite Earthbound-themed TF2 server, Fourside. akudood;

I noticed some friends playing it, haven't tried it myself, sounds like it's not worth it.

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 11, 2010, 06:21:11 AM
I noticed some friends playing it, haven't tried it myself, sounds like it's not worth it.

It's just 24-man stock maps with no crits or damage spread and only administrative plugins.

pretty nice if you don't want quakesounds or rtd or other bullshit like that akudood;

Go Up