August 20, 2024, 06:51:24 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies that Moved You

Started by ?????, June 08, 2010, 08:27:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

?????

What's the first movie you can think of that really made you think. Made you wonder about things, or inspire you.

NO SPOILERS

I'd have to say Schindler's List. I just watched it yesterday, and it is pretty fucking good. If you haven't seen it watch it. A little long though, around 3 hours.

In case you don't know what Schindler's List is, it's a movie about the Holocaust. A man made a fortune by opening a factory and having Jews work for him (cheap labor). He ends up losing his fortune to save the Jews.
Die for Dethklok

strongbad

I saw that the other day as well, it moved me.

District 9 moved me too lol

Andria

I cried at the end of A Walk to Remember

YPrrrr

Probably Rudy. I saw it when I was really young and it helped add to my appreciation for college athletics

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Selkie

Blade Runner made me think a lot. I'm not sure if it moved me, but it definitely gave me a lot of ideas.

The Silence of the Lambs gave me something to think about whenever I think something I am doing is hard or takes courage. I just think of what Agent Starling (Clarice) had to do in the last 25 minutes of the movie (anyone who has seen it knows what I'm talking about), and whatever it is I'm doing suddenly doesn't seem all that bad.

Pulp Fiction pretty much got me in to movies. It made me a semi-serious movie watcher.

?????

Quote from: Strongbab on June 09, 2010, 12:33:07 AM
I saw that the other day as well, it moved me.

District 9 moved me too lol
Yeah it shook me all night long

Quote from: Techo 1/2 on June 09, 2010, 01:08:21 AM
I cried at the end of A Walk to Remember
I've never cried because of a movie. What do I win?
Die for Dethklok

rdl

Every movie I've ever watched has moved me. Even comedies. I dunno why, I guess I'm just too sentimental.

Aladdin made me cry. A Bug's Life made me cry. Toy Story made me cry. I don't remember what the first movie was.

?????

Quote from: FDR on June 09, 2010, 07:57:49 PM
Every movie I've ever watched has moved me. Even comedies. I dunno why, I guess I'm just too sentimental.

Aladdin made me cry. A Bug's Life made me cry. Toy Story made me cry. I don't remember what the first movie was.
Could this be attributed to your faggotry?  doodthing;
Die for Dethklok

rdl

I guess so.

But uh where did that come from?

?????

Quote from: FDR on June 09, 2010, 08:15:40 PM
I guess so.

But uh where did that come from?
I don't even know. I couldn't help myself  :'(
Die for Dethklok

the shortest route to the sea

Wristcutters: A Love Story was pretty and wrapped things up nicely, so I liked that. Let the Right One In expanded my mind. Dancer in the Dark gets me every time. XXY just felt right, even though the more I think about it the less I like it.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Chōshū

There are plenty of movies that "moved" me.  Many the stereotypical answers that people give when asked such a question, but there's one in particular that has always held a place in the back of my heart.

Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal.  It was a prequel movie made based off of the Rurouni Kenshin manga/anime series.  I've always loved the Edo/Meiji period of Japan, and the beautiful theme of Rurouni Kenshin carries along the plot of Trust and Betrayal so well.

For those of you who have seen a part of the series and never found out how Kenshin got his scar, or the time when he was the most brutal killer in all of Japan, this movie explains it.  And the violence in the movie shows how everyone Kenshin touched during his years as an assassin ended up either dead, or emotionally destroyed.  As the movie unfolds, it just makes you sad : (.  Especially if you're a fan of the source material.

?????

I remember watching the Ruroni Kenshin anime. I thought it was Keroni Kenshin, oh no my memory is failing me.
Die for Dethklok

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Ch...sh...« on June 09, 2010, 10:44:43 PM
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal.  It was a prequel movie made based off of the Rurouni Kenshin manga/anime series.  I've always loved the Edo/Meiji period of Japan, and the beautiful theme of Rurouni Kenshin carries along the plot of Trust and Betrayal so well.

Reflections was weird and the second movie wasn't that great apparently, and to be honest the entire series is a bit meh for me. But that is a really good movie, very very beautifully done.

Also, Children of Men anyone?

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Go Up