August 20, 2024, 09:28:13 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies that Moved You

Started by ?????, June 08, 2010, 08:27:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

I do remember Children of Men being thought-provoking. Pan's Labyrinth was also notably 'an emotional roller-coaster'

Socks

Forrest Gump always gets me a bit teary eyed round some parts of it. Although An American Crime appalled me into shock, and I'm still somewhat grim about it.

And of course anything Kubrick is always welcomed upon the senses, and the spirit.

FAMY2

Sling Blade. It not only moved me but fascinated me too. Second would be Green Mile.  Both are similar in more than one way. 

Chōshū

Quote from: Sheets are Swaying on June 10, 2010, 09:15:24 AM
Reflections was weird and the second movie wasn't that great apparently, and to be honest the entire series is a bit meh for me. But that is a really good movie, very very beautifully done.

Also, Children of Men anyone?

Yeah, I didn't really like Reflections.  I haven't seen the televised version of the series since I was little and it was on toonami, but a while back I read the series online and I loved it.  The main thing I didn't like about Reflections was that they completely stripped the humorous side of Kenshin away taking his signature "Oro!" phrase and whatnot out.  I guess they tried to make it more emotional, but it didn't even really have that much new content, and the stuff that was new, was very unfitting for the characters : /

Go Up