August 20, 2024, 08:32:10 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

pitchfork

Started by snorkel, May 02, 2010, 12:54:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

do you like them?

yes
0 (0%)
no
5 (38.5%)
sometimes
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

snorkel

I dislike Pitchfork because it's one of the only major and popular venues for good indie music media (news, reviews, etc) yet their taste is rather awful. They exaggerate the greatness of shitty indie bands while denying that albums like Demon Days are the greatest ever, and the new music they feature is of haphazard choosing and influenced by something besides quality.

I do occasionally find good new music there, though, but I prefer the circuit design/indie music blogs (that sounds lame as fuck) for taste

Geno

Quote from: wziard on May 02, 2010, 12:54:40 AM
They exaggerate the greatness of shitty indie bands while denying that albums like Demon Days are the greatest ever
I think that's called having an opinion
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Quote from: GENOP on May 02, 2010, 12:56:42 AM
I think that's called having an opinion

actually, Geno, in the case of Pitchfork, it's pretty legitimate to say they exaggerate things one way or the other

the other thing that Pitchfork does that annoys the fuck out of me is that their writers seem to write reviews with a thesaurus close by, because i sure see a lot of pseudo-intellectualism in the language style, and not a whole lot of actual "reviewing"

Placebo Headwound

I read it sometimes for news when I'm bored. I never pay attention to their reviews.

Zach

Quote from: Lain on May 02, 2010, 01:03:21 AM
actually, Geno, in the case of Pitchfork, it's pretty legitimate to say they exaggerate things one way or the other

the other thing that Pitchfork does that annoys the fuck out of me is that their writers seem to write reviews with a thesaurus close by, because i sure see a lot of pseudo-intellectualism in the language style, and not a whole lot of actual "reviewing"

Yeah, they definitely have the hipster thing going on.

the shortest route to the sea

May 02, 2010, 10:44:06 AM #5 Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:47:14 AM by Sheets are Swaying
I use their ratings to get a ballpark estimate of how the album is, but really it's not that much information. the reviews are pretty useless.

also, arcade fire pitchfork drinking game: take a shot whenever you read the word catharsis

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

C.Mongler

Travis

pitchfork can SUCK MY COCK

??????

PitchFork gave Portishead an incredibly low score.  giggle;

C.Mongler

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on May 02, 2010, 04:40:30 PM
PitchFork gave Portishead an incredibly low score.  giggle;

you consider 8.8 and 8.2 incredibly low score?

Cookie

Is it weird that I've never heard of pitchfork before?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Cookie on May 02, 2010, 08:03:35 PM

uh, yeah

Daddy

only to watch out for upcoming albums

Socks

not at all.

Geno

Well if you aren't into music then no not really
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up