August 20, 2024, 07:52:52 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

pitchfork

Started by snorkel, May 02, 2010, 12:54:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

do you like them?

yes
0 (0%)
no
5 (38.5%)
sometimes
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

Andrew1911

Quote from: wziard on May 02, 2010, 12:54:40 AM
They exaggerate the greatness of shitty indie bands while denying that albums like Demon Days are the greatest ever

wat

Quote from: Lain on May 02, 2010, 01:03:21 AM
the other thing that Pitchfork does that annoys the fuck out of me is that their writers seem to write reviews with a thesaurus close by, because i sure see a lot of pseudo-intellectualism in the language style, and not a whole lot of actual "reviewing"

God yes.

[hedy]Zidone

they seem to rate merzbow higher than the mars volta akudood;

nonetheless i still look at them for comparisons n shit

Cookie

Quote from: GENOP on May 03, 2010, 07:47:00 AM
Well if you aren't into music then no not really

I would say I am into music. But I guess just with the bands I already listen too, I'm not really into finding new music.

Also I went there today and it's kinda boring.

Dullahan

I've never heard of Pitchfork before either.

Houdini

I dislike Pitchfork mainly because they really aren't forward-thinking at all. It seems to me like they mainly hype bands because of their similarity to older, better known bands that they like. Band X gets hyped because they sound like old surf rock; Band Y gets hyped because they mimic mainstream R&B in a manner accessible to the average indie listener; Band Z gets hyped because they rip off afropop or dubstep or some other genre that most people don't even listen to.

Bushy

Only go there for reviews. Disagree with them so much it's not even funny.

Demon Days really isn't that great though. A few songs yeah, but Plastic Beach >>> Demon Days.

And not giving Kid Cudi's debut at least a 6 bugged me.
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

spaceman

They're good for news, good for interviews, and somewhat good at alerting me of upcoming stuff. Their reviews are rubbish, and they have to be taken with a grain of salt. Also agree on the thesaurus thing. God damn.

Go Up