July 08, 2024, 11:05:46 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Competitve Video Gaming - Views and Discussion.

Started by Volvagia, April 13, 2010, 07:42:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Volvagia

I made this topic when I first joined, but since the massive data loss happened, it was lost.

Most people who read that thread already know I played Melee competitvely for over 4 years of my life, was pretty high in rankings etc but not familure with the current meta game apart from seeing it in videos.

Have any of you ever considered playing a game (any game) on a high level platter or experianced playing a game on a high level against people who are considered to be the "best in the world" at the said game?

On topic, I think one of biggest influences throughout my time playing Melee was probably Dark Rain who I've played against in tournament countless times, one of the best Falcon players in the world.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxgk2NfqOoM[/youtube]

C.Mongler

I have never considered playing video games competitively because I feel it would get in the way of me have sex  yes;

Travis

Quote from: C Mongler on April 13, 2010, 07:45:06 PM
I have never considered playing video games competitively because I feel it would get in the way of me have sex  yes;

Volvagia

Quote from: Travis on April 13, 2010, 07:45:48 PM

Nice. Shame you can have (providing you don't dedicate yourself to the game and have no time for your own personal live) that and cash if you're good at it + seeing great places around the world.

btw I forgot to mention how much I love you guys.  cjlubdoods;

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

C.Mongler

Quote from: Volvagia on April 13, 2010, 07:52:09 PM

Nice. Shame you can have (providing you don't dedicate yourself to the game and have no time for your own personal live) that and cash if you're good at it + seeing great places around the world.

btw I forgot to mention how much I love you guys.  cjlubdoods;

I just have a normal job and play vidya on the side lol

Volvagia

Quote from: C Mongler on April 13, 2010, 07:56:59 PM
I just have a normal job and play vidya on the side lol

Yeah, well during all that time I wasn't old enough to be employed by most places. In the UK quite a lot of people won't employ you until you're 18. This was quite a while back though. I don't even play anymore unless someone who's still in the scene needs someone to play and/or an event happens near me.

Cookie

I'm never competitive when I play video games. I always end up just fucking around and laughing about it.

Classic

Mando Pandango

I do play Rock Band/Guitar Hero at a competitive level but there are never any competitions that I don't have to go out of my way for.

Regardless, I'm sponsored and I'm trying to qualify for WCG this year. Sheeeeeeeeeit.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

I've considered playing competitively in Brawl but people whine about it not being as good as Melee and those arguments just completely turn me off. Not that I have any competitive experience, but it's the one game where I don't lose

strongbad

Among my school, I am the best at SSB64, but I am nowhere close to being pro. Smashboards has a way of making you feel shitty about your accomplishments.

Zach

I'm just an average player; I'm not nearly good enough at any game to consider playing competitively.

Travis

at one point i was pretty damn good at halo 3 lol

Wrench

My friend rented Super Mario Strikers and at one point, we were in the top 900 in the world. Then we stopped playing lol

Go Up