July 08, 2024, 12:17:18 PM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Gears of War 3

Started by Geno, April 13, 2010, 12:55:52 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Quote from: Volvagia on April 13, 2010, 02:39:56 PM
Seriously though, if you don't like the game what's the point in posting? Shit'll be good either way, if you're buying it for the online you're buying it for the worst part of the game.

also im posting because this is a forum

also you just said the online sucks but used co-op as a a solid point. are you saying you play campaign over and over and over and over again with a friend on the couch with you? lol cool bro

Volvagia

Quote from: C Mongler on April 13, 2010, 03:38:31 PM
also im posting because this is a forum

also you just said the online sucks but used co-op as a a solid point. are you saying you play campaign over and over and over and over again with a friend on the couch with you? lol cool bro

Online meaning Online Versus, though if you weren't trolling you'd admit to it that you already knew what I meant.  n_u

Also, playing the game over and over? I'd rather shoot myself. Do you play any game consistantly over and over within a small period of time after you beat it? No. You don't, unless you've really got zero interest in other games or no life what so ever.

Split screen, for the record, is fucking horrible. Over the net with a friend for campaign mode so you can have the full screen to yourself is just the way to go now, unless of course you're playing an older game that doesn't support this feature.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Volvagia on April 13, 2010, 04:14:32 PM
Online meaning Online Versus, though if you weren't trolling you'd admit to it that you already knew what I meant.  n_u

Also, playing the game over and over? I'd rather shoot myself. Do you play any game consistantly over and over within a small period of time after you beat it? No. You don't, unless you've really got zero interest in other games or no life what so ever.

Split screen, for the record, is fucking horrible. Over the net with a friend for campaign mode so you can have the full screen to yourself is just the way to go now, unless of course you're playing an older game that doesn't support this feature.

so you're going to play the campaign for 6-8 hours and never play it again? Solid investment if I ever heard one.

Volvagia

Quote from: C Mongler on April 13, 2010, 04:21:53 PM
so you're going to play the campaign for 6-8 hours and never play it again? Solid investment if I ever heard one.

Did it for a few games I own. Oh, wait, you do it for nearly every game that isn't hardcore multiplayer. GOW isn't Hardcore multiplayer. Shit isn't even played in MLG nor do Epic Games even consentrate on the Multiplayer. They've said this themselves.

And never play it again? I will one day, I own it, so I'm bound to pick it up again. The prime example of this is me saying I'm going to replay GOW2 tomorrow, just to refresh my memory on the game and remind myself of why I liked it so much.

Again, you're complaining that we read into your posts too much? Well, look at you reading into mine. GG.

don't let's

I did not like the trailer for this

Volvagia

Quote from: C Mongler on April 13, 2010, 04:40:34 PM
let me tell jmv to make you admin congratulation you win forum

lol just stop whilst you're ahead.

Quote from: REVELRY on April 13, 2010, 04:41:51 PM
I did not like the trailer for this

Wasn't a fan of it either, mainly because Dom looks like he wants to die.

C.Mongler

April 13, 2010, 04:50:18 PM #21 Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 05:31:55 PM by C Mongler
Quote from: Volvagia on April 13, 2010, 04:45:45 PM
lol just stop whilst you're ahead.

lol y wud i do dat

lol dont be mad kaz i wus just askin'

Samus Aran

okay, before this gets any more retarded: shut up

Travis

Quote from: Volvagia on April 13, 2010, 04:37:21 PM
Did it for a few games I own. Oh, wait, you do it for nearly every game that isn't hardcore multiplayer. GOW isn't Hardcore multiplayer. Shit isn't even played in MLG nor do Epic Games even consentrate on the Multiplayer. They've said this themselves.

you don't need to be a hardcore player to realize the multiplayer in gow2 is broken

C.Mongler

Quote from: Travis on April 13, 2010, 05:41:30 PM
you don't need to be a hardcore player to realize the multiplayer in gow2 is broken

or to realize the campaign in the franchise is fucking awful. i've comprehended more of the plot to the room than of any of the gears games. mechanically and graphically, yes its kook. everything else, naw nigga lol.

Volvagia

Quote from: Travis on April 13, 2010, 05:41:30 PM

I was referring to the fact that it's that fucking awful that MLG doesn't even take a second look at it. And by hardcore, I was meaning tourneyfag.

Quote from: C Mongler on April 13, 2010, 05:46:27 PM
or to realize the campaign in the franchise is fucking awful. i've comprehended more of the plot to the room than of any of the gears games. mechanically and graphically, yes its kook. everything else, naw nigga lol.

Opinions, opinions. Play it for the gameplay if that's what you like about it then.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Dullahan

Quote from: Volvagia on April 13, 2010, 04:45:45 PM

[spoiler]Same. But I'd be bitter too if I had found my wife diseased by aliens and had to euthanize her for the best of her sake.[/spoiler]

Still, the campaign in GOW2 has some foreshadowing, and I'm pretty eager to see what comes up in the campaign for GOW3. But that's only half the reason why I like the franchise.

GOW is something I enjoy live. But in the second one, one of the let downs for live were that the maps were so annoying. All of them seemed layed out the same and it just gets repetitive for each game you play. I mean, kudos to Epic for having more people be able to play in a game on live. I'll encourage that, however, without a good variety in landscapes, it just gets redundant which repels players from enjoying the game online, thus having limited people to play with, thus having me to wait a while in order to actually join a game. akudood;

I do enjoy this franchise on live because it's one of my favourites that offer online split-screen multiplayer, something that the COD franchise doesn't have. And although I didn't play it that much on GOW2, it was a hell of a lot of fun on the first one. And for a third person shooter, I enjoy the mechanics on it. And you get a lot of hedonism out of shooting the shit out of someone with a shotgun.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Volvagia on April 13, 2010, 05:56:24 PM
I was referring to the fact that it's that fucking awful that MLG doesn't even take a second look at it. And by hardcore, I was meaning tourneyfag.

Opinions, opinions. Play it for the gameplay if that's what you like about it then.

uh if you think gears has a great story i'm going to assume you've never read a book in your life

Geno

Gears doesn't have that good of a story, it's just over the top epic
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up