September 12, 2024, 03:43:14 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

LOST - Season 6

Started by Volvagia, April 07, 2010, 06:42:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Andrew1911

Quote from: GENOP on May 06, 2010, 06:44:18 PM
Wait I'm confused I thought the candidates weren't able to die.

not if the candidates kill each other which sawyer did when he tried to dismantled the bomb

the season on a whole hasn't been too good but everything from Ab Abeterno to now has been on fucking fire. Well, the Sun/Jin centric was meh but, other than that, it actually feels like it's winding down to an actual conclusion.

Volvagia

Andrew1911

that was one of the worst episodes in the show's history

fuck

Geno

Quote from: Andrew1911 on May 12, 2010, 07:20:34 PM

fuck
Fuck you.
Also it seems a little late in the show to be adding EVEN MORE FUCKING QUESTIONS. What the hell is that light? WHAT IS THE SMOKE MONSTER? GOD DAMMIT
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Andrew1911

Quote from: GENOP on May 12, 2010, 10:49:18 PM
Fuck you.
Also it seems a little late in the show to be adding EVEN MORE FUCKING QUESTIONS. What the hell is that light? WHAT IS THE SMOKE MONSTER? GOD DAMMIT

eat a bag of dicks nigger

Volvagia

Quote from: Andrew1911 on May 12, 2010, 07:20:34 PM

fuck

SORRY THAT WERE ABLE TO LOOK DEEPER AT THE PLOT NOW AND THAT IT WASN'T EXACTLY WHAT YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Volvagia on May 13, 2010, 04:47:44 PM
SORRY THAT WERE ABLE TO LOOK DEEPER AT THE PLOT NOW AND THAT IT WASN'T EXACTLY WHAT YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE.

uh no that's not it

it was a shitty episode

taking a formerly scary, mysterious character and showing us his past as a bad child actor with mother issues who eventually turns bad for flimsy reasons at best...

what movie does this remind you of

Volvagia

Quote from: Andrew1911 on May 13, 2010, 09:31:01 PM
uh no that's not it

it was a shitty episode

taking a formerly scary, mysterious character and showing us his past as a bad child actor with mother issues who eventually turns bad for flimsy reasons at best...

what movie does this remind you of

Not really concerned on what it reminds me of, and MIB was never Scary, only his Smokey form was.

MIB himself has said before he had mother issues before we seen this episode - if anything, YOU should have been expecting this. He wasn't just bullshitting Kate, he was telling the truth.

He turned evil practically because of be-trail, and being used by the same bitch throughout his entire life, if anything now, he's evil because of what Jacob did to him, which even Jacob probably realises was wrong of him to do now.

Oh, btw, it's floating around the web that the mother knew what would happen to them because she went to the light herself and became a smoke monster, the only reason she died was because MIB stabbed her without speaking to her, if anything it explains more or less why she said "thank-you" to him when she died.

If anything, I'm more interested in MIB's actions and what becoming the Smoke Monster has done to him mentally than what I was prior to that episode. We now know he and Jacob weren't gods, there people, just like our losties.

I fucking loved the comparisons of saying that Jacob was the leader even when he wasn't the protector yet "Why are you always looking down at us, Jacob?"

If you didn't like the episode, you're probably going to slit your wrists in the Finale. Just sayin'

This episode was good, maybe you should re-watch it for a second understanding of it instead of going "hurrdurr bad reasons when I don't understand the reasoning behind why the writers did this!"

Read into it, re-watch it, or... Get really pissed at the Finale.

Andrew1911

I've already seen that theory, moron. It's a good theory but it still doesn't save this episode from being poorly written. One of the biggest problems is the maternal character who only speaks in vague terms. Just like that cunt, Eloise. So much of the scenes with her explaining things reminded me of that terrible pendulum scene from 316.

Adam and Eve skeletons. First off, I'm going to assume this episode takes place during the time when regular Joes still spoke Latin and not a bunch of nerds trying to look nerdy. So, wouldn't the skeletons be pretty much nothing by now? You can say Island Magic did it but that's still an incredibly flimsy answer. Sure, the mother had drank the magic wine that made her immortal but the corpse of Man in Black did not so he would decompose normally. So bull**** on that, bananas.

Jacob totally killed Man in Black. Yes, he floated downriver and into the hole but he totally killed him. See, last episode, they actually managed to give a good explanation of the can't kill rule with Jack saying that if it goes down to zero, nothing happens because Man in Black can't kill them. Since candidates can kill other candidates, Sawyer ****s it up and only makes the bomb explode; thus, Man in Black cannot kill them but he made it so that Sawyer did it, not himself.

BUT JACOB TOTALLY KILLED MAN IN BLACK. Jacob knocked him unconscious so he floated towards the hole and would die. If it were a waterfall and Jacob tossed his body in there, it would be the same thing as murder. The same result basically. Don't go 'OH BUT HIS SPIRIT IS ALIVE IN SMOKEY'. He still killed his body.

What I think most speaks up about how fucked up the priorities in writing the last two seasons were is that we spent about a half a season of Dharma which was basically shown to really mean nothing in the mythology of the Island with no real importance to the overall scheme of things. While we get a forty three minute episode of the backstory of what are supposed to be the two most pivotal characters of the show. They should had introduced what is supposed to be the main conflict of the show way earlier instead of just putting it out there in the season five finale. They should had introduced it somewhere in Season 4 or Season 3 or at least hinted more at it.

Volvagia

Quote from: Andrew1911 on May 14, 2010, 11:41:47 AM
I've already seen that theory, moron. It's a good theory but it still doesn't save this episode from being poorly written. One of the biggest problems is the maternal character who only speaks in vague terms. Just like that cunt, Eloise. So much of the scenes with her explaining things reminded me of that terrible pendulum scene from 316.

Sounds like you mad, bro! I think you took that comment a bit to harshly ;)

If anything, this Episode is different to every other Lost Episode because of it's story telling and writing style, you can tell that watching the Episode, if anything, it's experimenting FAR FAR FAR too late into the show. But yes, in some aspects (mainly the mothers reasoning, along with the fact, regardless of what it is.) the MIB being refereed to as such and totally dodging the bombshell of his name along with really any sort of true aspect insight to them other than "they're related, they had a pshyco mother, Jacob killed MIB and is the cause of all the losties being here.) If you've heard that theory, you might have also heard of some of the others, which explains your other questions, but haven't been confirmed, but they're all LOST Fan Fiction, so, the odds of them being right are like 2%.

also Adam and Eve skeletons. First off, I'm going to assume this episode takes place during the time when regular Joes still spoke Latin and not a bunch of nerds trying to look nerdy. So, wouldn't the skeletons be pretty much nothing by now? You can say Island Magic did it but that's still an incredibly flimsy answer. Sure, the mother had drank the magic wine that made her immortal but the corpse of Man in Black did not so he would decompose normally. So bull**** on that, bananas.

A lot of people have been saying that the Island jumping through time is the aspect of the skeletons being in tact, but I do actually agree with you, it's bullshit and they have to explain this or we're all going to be really pissed at the way they lead it on. Jack's words were "they must have been at least 50 years dead for the clothing to be decomposed like this." - this to me, just doesn't add up if that episode took place in 30 something AD. Unless the Producers give a good explanation to this, it's a major fuck up on their standpoint.

Think back to Season 2(?) when Yemmi's corpse was on the island, he decomposed within the 2 year (normal) course, why are the Skeletons of MIB and Crazy Momma still there? Like you said, they should be nothing but dust by now. It really just doesn't make sense, the only thing that would clear it up is the time travel thing, but, I can't see it happening for some reason.
[/quote]

Jacob totally killed Man in Black. Yes, he floated downriver and into the hole but he totally killed him. See, last episode, they actually managed to give a good explanation of the can't kill rule with Jack saying that if it goes down to zero, nothing happens because Man in Black can't kill them. Since candidates can kill other candidates, Sawyer ****s it up and only makes the bomb explode; thus, Man in Black cannot kill them but he made it so that Sawyer did it, not himself.

BUT JACOB TOTALLY KILLED MAN IN BLACK. Jacob knocked him unconscious so he floated towards the hole and would die. If it were a waterfall and Jacob tossed his body in there, it would be the same thing as murder. The same result basically. Don't go 'OH BUT HIS SPIRIT IS ALIVE IN SMOKEY'. He still killed his body.

Yeah, he pretty much did kill his body. The only theory really floating about, about that subject is the spirit that is Smokey, but to be honest, who actually knows at this point. "What They Died For" either explains it or will explain nothing at all. I've read a few lines of dialogue from the episode (The whole thing, in script form.) is out there as it was screened to the public for some charity event.) and it doesn't look to be as if they explain anything, apart from Jacob accepting that it's his fault.

What I think most speaks up about how fucked up the priorities in writing the last two seasons were is that we spent about a half a season of Dharma which was basically shown to really mean nothing in the mythology of the Island with no real importance to the overall scheme of things. While we get a forty three minute episode of the backstory of what are supposed to be the two most pivotal characters of the show. They should had introduced what is supposed to be the main conflict of the show way earlier instead of just putting it out there in the season five finale. They should had introduced it somewhere in Season 4 or Season 3 or at least hinted more at it.

I agree on this aspect, to be honest. The last two seasons really feel like Filler at this point, a lot that happened in Dahrma Ville has nothing to do with what is going on now. It really does feel like the whole story has been left up to this point and really could have been done overall in 2 seasons. I feel like there is still a lot to tell and learn in the Show, but they won't do it, I know they won't. Anything we expect, we probably won't get it. This show probably won't have an end (judging by What They Died For.) and it'll probably leave us in a bit of disappointment at the end, but it has kept me entertained for the past 6 years, and kept hurting our brains every time we tried to figure something out, so, in the end, I'm glad I was entertained by it, even if they did kinda blow it to shit with seasons 5-6.

I'm waiting for the Finale, but right now, I'm going to say Lost will probably disappoint us, and, like I said, you're probably going to want to slit your wrists after you see the Finale if you didn't like this episode. I've learnt to deal with this episode and TRY to look past it's faults (yes, it has quite a few, but if they had more time and actually planned this out and like you said did this from S3.) we'd probably learn a lot more about it, and probably enjoy this episode more, and the on coming episodes.

Hopefully the acting really makes up for the plot that I've read in "What They Died For" because - a few things that happen in the episode, I'm not looking forward to, but one thing in specific that I am. Fucking finally, should have happened since we met the bitch. (work it out, but I bet you'll think it's someone entirely different to whom I mean.)

Volvagia

YAAYAYAYAY FUCK YOU ZOEY, DIE DIE DIE.

LOST.

good episode, 8/10.

Geno

geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

KonohaShinobi

OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK [spoiler]THEY ALL FUCKING DIED[/spoiler]

I KNOW THE FINALE WILL RECIEVE SOME MIXED REVIEWS!
Some people are already posting that they feel as though they wasted 6 years...

Oh and I think those last images during the credits were that [spoiler]the Ajira crashed, no one got off the island[/spoiler]

Volvagia

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 23, 2010, 08:34:29 PM
OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK [spoiler]THEY ALL FUCKING DIED[/spoiler]

I KNOW THE FINALE WILL RECIEVE SOME MIXED REVIEWS!
Some people are already posting that they feel as though they wasted 6 years...

Oh and I think those last images during the credits were that [spoiler]the Ajira crashed, no one got off the island[/spoiler]

I liked it, personally, maybe that's because I'm fucking tired though. I'll write how I feel in the morning. zzz.

Geno

Its just started for me and I forgot there are people in different time zones who have watched it already.
Fuck you Kono

Go Up