July 08, 2024, 11:36:25 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Wii would be so much better if...

Started by NOA_Haunted, December 05, 2009, 08:06:05 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

Developers just produced new games instead of re-releasing GCN games with motion controls. I mean I have looked at Wii games in a long time, but I found out that they re-released the GCN remakes of Resident evil Zero and Resident Evil. I have never had the chance to play the remakes so I plan on buying these. But, I guess thats who they are trying to sell these games  too.

Samus Aran

Resident Evil Zero wasn't a remake, it was an original GCN game. Kind of silly for them to remake it for the Wii though, it wasn't exactly that big of a hit. And how would motion control even really work that well for that? Or REmake, for that matter?

It's like they're just picking random moderately well-known games now.

NOA_Haunted

December 05, 2009, 08:15:38 AM #2 Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:19:23 AM by xXTheHaunted
Quote from: Lain on December 05, 2009, 08:14:46 AM
Resident Evil Zero wasn't a remake, it was an original GCN game. Kind of silly for them to remake it for the Wii though, it wasn't exactly that big of a hit. And how would motion control even really work that well for that? Or REmake, for that matter?

It's like they're just picking random moderately well-known games now.
On both covers it says something like "Resident Evil Archive"  Oh I will not be purchasing these games... Found out they didn't even add new motion/pointing controls....

Daddy

Or if nintendo made actual games instead of focusing on shit for fat people and trying to make everything so kawaii uguu~~

Geno

NINTENDO: WE HAVENT RELEASED A GOOD GAME SINCE BRAWL IN EARLY 2008!
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV on December 05, 2009, 08:25:00 AM
Or if nintendo made actual games instead of focusing on shit for fat people and trying to make everything so kawaii uguu~~

uh it's not nintendo making imagine party babyz and all that crap

although they're not being any better with their "LOL LOOK AT THIS AINT IT RETRO ROFUL XD" shit like nsmb
Quote from: GENOP on December 05, 2009, 08:28:26 AM
GOOD GAME
QuoteBRAWL

wat

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Geno

geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Daddy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 05, 2009, 08:30:21 AM
uh it's not nintendo making imagine party babyz and all that crap

although they're not being any better with their "LOL LOOK AT THIS AINT IT RETRO ROFUL XD" shit like nsmb

They are, however, allowing it onto the system and are also making shit like Wii fit after stripping DVD playback because 'da wii is a gaem system'

Geno

Also I am seriously considering selling my wii.
I havent played it in over a year. The only way I'm going to keep it is if the new Metroid is good.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV on December 05, 2009, 08:32:40 AM
They are, however, allowing it onto the system and are also making shit like Wii fit after stripping DVD playback because 'da wii is a gaem system'

uh who would've honestly cared if the wii played dvds

Nintendo's purely concerned with profits now, but once sales start dropping (and they already are), expect them to beg some third parties for good games and expect more real games like Metroid.

or at least i hope they do that

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ncba93ivyase

t
Quote from: GENOP on December 05, 2009, 08:34:10 AM
Also I am seriously considering selling my wii.
I havent played it in over a year. The only way I'm going to keep it is if the new Metroid is good.
you can get some cheap turbo cd shmups on the wii

and uh i'm sure you're missing out on some great games like deadly creatures

Cookie

It's just the motion control that turns me off. I LIKE BEING FAT

But really, having motion controls just makes me not want to play a game. Yeah it's cool for the first ten minutes but after that it is just a nuisance. Maybe I'm just not part of the audience Nintendo is trying to please...

Daddy

Quote from: Cookie on December 05, 2009, 09:05:59 AM
It's just the motion control that turns me off. I LIKE BEING FAT

But really, having motion controls just makes me not want to play a game. Yeah it's cool for the first ten minutes but after that it is just a nuisance. Maybe I'm just not part of the audience Nintendo is trying to please...
I don't think motion controls are the problem. Things like tilting and such (see: PS3) would seem to work fine.

Elebits seems to use them nicely where the only "motion" is a slight pointing of the remote. But then there are games that are like

which are almost always horribly shitty and will tire you out after about 30 minutes.

There are a few exceptions, like Lawlz mentioned yesterday(WarioWare) where doing such can be fun, but to make the entire game just flapping around like you're a retard having a tantrum is a horrible idea.

The limit of motion control shouldn't exceed wrist movements.

strongbad

Wii needs better online
better games
better fans

Claquesous

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 05, 2009, 08:40:11 AM
and uh i'm sure you're missing out on some great games like deadly creatures

YES YES YES. I'M SURE YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON THIS WONDERFUL GAME, GENO.

I actually came to post about how Deadly Creatures solely makes the Wii a good purchase for me (although Metroid, Fire Emblem, and Sin & Punishment certainly help). So I guess you have it then? That's great, because it needs some love from someone besides me.

Go Up