July 08, 2024, 12:01:39 PM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Inverted controls on console a FPS?

Started by Tomboh, November 30, 2009, 10:31:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

Do you prefer the y-axis control of your gun to be inverted on console FPSs?

yea man
5 (22.7%)
naw man
15 (68.2%)
mw2 --> goty
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Go Down

Samus Aran

i prefer my up to be up and my down to be down

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

hotlikesauce.

I seem to be one of the few people anywhere who play on inverted.

Cookie

I play inverted.  >.< That's just how I've always played shooters.

Dullahan

Quote from: Cookie on December 03, 2009, 10:45:23 AM
I play inverted.  >.< That's just how I've always played shooters.
Same. I feel it makes more sense that way.

Hiro

Quote from: The Tricker on December 03, 2009, 10:49:50 AM
Same. I feel it makes more sense that way.
Exactly how I feel. I feel more connected to the character and more in control of their movement.

Travis

Quote from: Hïro on December 03, 2009, 10:51:39 AM
Exactly how I feel. I feel more connected to the character and more in control of their movement.
that is not what he meant hiro

ncba93ivyase

pushing up on a control stick is supposed to move it down

Look at the cameras in any third person game. Push up, the camera goes above the player; push down, the camera goes under the player.

Put it in first person: push up, the player's eyes (the camera) move look downwards, and so on.

There's some image regularly posted on /v/ that describes it better like having a lever on the back of your head--the control stick is that lever.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

it does make plenty of sense, yeah, but considering how few games i've played with inverted controls, it's still pretty hard for me to get used to, not to mention if i'm comfortable the other way i don't really have any reason to invert

Daddy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 03, 2009, 06:43:35 PM
pushing up on a control stick is supposed to move it down

Look at the cameras in any third person game. Push up, the camera goes above the player; push down, the camera goes under the player.

Put it in first person: push up, the player's eyes (the camera) move look downwards, and so on.

There's some image regularly posted on /v/ that describes it better like having a lever on the back of your head--the control stick is that lever.
/v/ is retarded why would I do something just because they endorse it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV on December 03, 2009, 11:58:50 PM
/v/ is retarded why would I do something just because they endorse it.
I've been using inverted controls since Metroid Prime.

I actually think Prime 1 or 2 had inverted by default, which is why I took a liking to it or I just unknowingly changed it because it's a more natural control scheme... because it really is.

and when you get past the off topic shit and general shit posting /v/ does have some damn good taste in games

anyone that thinks demon's souls and the thunder force series are great are fine by me

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

StarPilot

In FPS and TPS I use non-inverted, however if I play a flight game I have my Y-axis inverted. I don't really have a reasoning behind that other than habit though.

Daddy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 04, 2009, 12:57:21 AMthunder force
oh yay I can change the sprites in a game and resell it as a completely new and fun product that you'd buy

Hiro

Quote from: StarPilot on December 04, 2009, 03:18:33 AM
In FPS and TPS I use non-inverted, however if I play a flight game I have my Y-axis inverted. I don't really have a reasoning behind that other than habit though.
Inverted on a fighting game?  doodhuh;

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up