July 08, 2024, 12:16:16 PM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'm getting a PSP

Started by strongbad, November 26, 2009, 12:02:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I'm getting a PSP and I'm not going to mod it since playing legit games will make me enjoy them more  hocuspocus;

So if I have no plans on modding it
What model should I get?

also

What budget games should I get? All I know that I want is Megaman Powered up! and Loco Roco

ncba93ivyase

Why are you getting a PSP?

If you love Monster Hunter (I hate it) then that should be all you need. MGS Peace Walker is coming out eventually and I'm sure that'll be great.

uh aside from there there's literally nothing but console ports and 15+ year old game collections, and the only one of those i'd suggest is gradius collection

Get a PS3 if you don't already have one because you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Thyme

You should consider Lawlz's question.

But in any case, just get a PSP-3000. The PSPGo simply shouldn't exist.

Cookie

I would get a 2000. When I bought mine I was in the same boat you are, had no intentions of modding it, just wanted to play games and the occasion web browser.
So I got the 2000 which is pretty much the 3000 minus the mic and it's cheaper. Also in the future if I ever feel like modding it I could. giggle;

YPrrrr

There's really not enough games to warrant getting one... The only games I've really enjoyed were God of War: 2.5ish and Ratchet and Clank: something or another

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: YPR on November 26, 2009, 12:23:26 PM
There's really not enough games to warrant getting one... The only games I've really enjoyed were God of War: 2.5ish and Ratchet and Clank: something or another
Ratchet and Clank on the PSP is goddamn terrible.

I can't think of a game more boring than that.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hiro

I would never buy a PSP without modifying it  akudood; There's a lot of good games on it that I would never buy anyways, and I would likely use it for GBA/SNES emulation most of the time.

But if you insist on not modding it, definitely get the 3000.
As for games, N+, FF Tactics: War of the Lions, Patapon, LittleBigPlanet, God of War, Disgaea, Half-Minute Hero, Parappa the Rapper, Prinny, and I hear Dissidia is really fun.

ncba93ivyase

YPrrrr

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 26, 2009, 12:24:20 PM

Try most other PSP games

I didn't think Size Matters was that terrible though... maybe repetitive, but I've never played any R&C game before, so I wouldn't know

Thyme

i have the ps2 port

oh god myface;

Nyerp

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 26, 2009, 12:26:27 PM
oh lord no to both

this

Quote from: Thyme on November 26, 2009, 12:29:01 PM
i have the ps2 port

oh god myface;

holy fucking shit i almost killed myself when i played that

YPrrrr

Quote from: Thyme on November 26, 2009, 12:29:01 PM
i have the ps2 port

oh god myface;
Well yeah... it's a port of a portable game, it's going to be terrible lol n_u

Thyme

I got it for free, at least. maps;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: YPR on November 26, 2009, 12:26:56 PM
Try most other PSP games
whoa slow down

The PSP has other games?

Hiro

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 26, 2009, 12:26:27 PM
oh lord no to both
Dissidia has no appeal to me, but Prinny is just so reidiculous that I find it amusing

agreed

Go Up