July 08, 2024, 10:52:57 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'm getting a PSP

Started by strongbad, November 26, 2009, 12:02:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Hey it beat Agent Clank at least

or so I hear

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: YPR on November 26, 2009, 12:50:37 PM
Hey it beat Agent Clank at least

or so I hear
I'd rather not find out.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

What games have peaked my interest?
Megaman Powered up, Locoroco, GTA Vice City Stories (or the other one idk), Little Big Planet, Monster Hunter, Resistance, and Patapon all look awesome.

I just love portable gaming more than anything, since I have a ton of down time with no access to consoles, and I want to expand my horizons. Do you guys honestly think that it's not worth the money?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: GUOB on November 26, 2009, 01:16:24 PM
What games have peaked my interest?
Megaman Powered up, Locoroco, GTA Vice City Stories (or the other one idk), Little Big Planet, Monster Hunter, Resistance, and Patapon all look awesome.

I just love portable gaming more than anything, since I have a ton of down time with no access to consoles, and I want to expand my horizons. Do you guys honestly think that it's not worth the money?
megaman powered up is just a remake of the first and you'll play through it once (in about 2 hours) and be done with it

locoroco... isn't worth buying a psp for

vice city stories can just be bought for the ps2, although i did enjoy playing it on my psp

little big planet would be better on the triple

Think endless grinding and ridiculous difficulty is supremely fun? I don't, so I hated Monster Hunter.

>fps on a handheld laughingelfman.jpeg

Patapon is just okay.

I'll repeat: a PS3 is a better buy, and I also tend to greatly prefer handhelds over consoles. The PSP is just worthless by all standards.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hiro

Quote from: GUOB on November 26, 2009, 01:16:24 PM
I actually like the PSP more than the DS, even though the DS seems to have better games. But this is only if the PSP is modded. They're great for that, and not just for pirating PSP games. There's some decent homebrew, and emulators are always great.

strongbad

But tripples are so expensive and if I had a PSP i could play it 10x more than my PS3 if I got one...
But then again I could take it to college since I know that my brother won't let me take the 360... Hmm...

Hiro

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: GUOB on November 26, 2009, 01:21:02 PM
But tripples are so expensive and if I had a PSP i could play it 10x more than my PS3 if I got one...
But then again I could take it to college since I know that my brother won't let me take the 360... Hmm...
Triple: $300 and great games like Demon's Souls

PSP: $170 and no games

Tell me the better value

strongbad

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 26, 2009, 01:23:26 PM
Triple: $300 and great games like Demon's Souls

PSP: $170 and no games

Tell me the better value

Okay set aside the fact that you are 10x pickier with games and that I would enjoy most of the games that you wouldn't enjoy.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: GUOB on November 26, 2009, 01:28:24 PM
Okay set aside the fact that you are 10x pickier with games and that I would enjoy most of the games that you wouldn't enjoy.
like i said, there are loads of games if you love shitty ports and old game collections

Claquesous

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

Not sure how it stacks up to the PS1 version, but it's Valkyrie Profile.

Sillbury

There are tons of games for the psp but don't even bother if you're not going to mod it.

Cookie

There are a few RPGs on PSP that I enjoyed. Like Valhalla Knights, Crimson Gem Saga,Yggdra Union, Dungeon Siege and soon I'll get the Persona port. Of course you might not like these games, but I had a fun time with them, especially Yggdra Union.

Linkjge

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 26, 2009, 12:24:20 PM
Ratchet and Clank on the PSP is goddamn terrible.

It controlled like ass

Lately I've been trying to get back into the PSP scene

Recommended stuff:
Wipeout Pure/Pulse, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Monster Hunter series, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Daxter, Echochrome, Everyday Shooter, God of War: Chains of Olympus, Killzone Liberation, Loco-Roco series, Patapon series, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona.

Never tried out Dissidia yet, heard bad and good things about it though. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker looks great.

Sillbury

December 06, 2009, 01:45:47 AM #29 Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:52:46 AM by Boysenberry Magnetism
My suggestions:

• Patapon 1&2 - Awesome rhythm/action/rpg games. Both pretty much amazing.

• God of War - This is the only GOW game I've played and it was great.

• Crisis Core - Basically the only RPG I've played on the psp. Was entertaining.

• R&C Size Matters - Only Ratchet and Clank game I've played. Was a very good platformer.

• Crush - Awesome puzzler. Have to "crush" 3d worlds into 2d so solve puzzles.

• Downstream Panic - Another crazy awsome puzzler. Basically have to be quick and get fish to safety.

• Tony Hawks Underground 2 - Would play horse with friends during free periods at school. Was awesome.

• Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade - Action/RPG game. Very awesome, much like diablo.

• Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner - Pretty much the psp's answer to pokemon.

• Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Sooooooo much better than console counterparts. Great game.

• Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - If you haven't played this game yet make sure you do. It is an EXACT port of the console versions(with less graphics of course) It is so fucking long and fun. ;)

• Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice - This game. THIS GAME. FAVORITE PSP GAME. FUCKING AWESOME GAME

Go Up