August 20, 2024, 08:26:11 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

My new favorite band: Arctic Monkeys.

Started by hotlikesauce., November 22, 2009, 08:40:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

hotlikesauce.

Anyone else like them? Their sound is good, and I like their lyrics.

Also, song.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFmgPrKEzbg[/youtube]

Mando Pandango

I had this moment when I first started listening to them too. They're still up there in my favorites.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

November 22, 2009, 09:04:01 AM #2 Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:15:31 AM by GUOB
Did you just now discover them? Yeah when I first discovered them a couple years ago I had the same reaction.
Also I was just looking at their wiki and wtf since when do they have a 3rd album? Downloadin that shit

EDIT:
Oh I forgot. The first time that I played Fallout 3 I was with my friend and we listened to Arctic Monkeys and played Fallout 3 for a good 5 hours straight so now Arctic Monkeys remind me of Fallout 3 and I can't enjoy Fallout 3 without listening to Arctic Monkeys.

Try it

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: GUOB on November 22, 2009, 09:04:01 AM
Did you just now discover them? Yeah when I first discovered them a couple years ago I had the same reaction.
Also I was just looking at their wiki and wtf since when do they have a 3rd album? Downloadin that shit

EDIT:
Oh I forgot. The first time that I played Fallout 3 I was with my friend and we listened to Arctic Monkeys and played Fallout 3 for a good 5 hours straight so now Arctic Monkeys remind me of Fallout 3 and I can't enjoy Fallout 3 without listening to Arctic Monkeys.

Try it

I always knew about them but only started listening to them recently.

Samus Aran

Yeah I loved them at first too, they got kind of boring though. I still like them a lot but I've moved on a bit.

Andria

Placebo Headwound

They're fun to listen to every now and then. baddood;

spaceman

Quote from: Lain on November 22, 2009, 09:19:55 AM
Yeah I loved them at first too, they got kind of boring though. I still like them a lot but I've moved on a bit.

snorkel

they're okay, I liked them a lot when their first album came out. haven't liked the others as much.

Sillbury

I have a friend who's in love with these guys. They're alright but overrated.

I prefer Kaiser Chiefs and Fratellis though. Pretty much same style just better.

Samus Aran

despite me moving on, though, i will never skip the song when i hear "you used to get it in your fishnets, now you only get it in your nightdress..."

something about that opening line to flourescent adolescent drew me in pretty much immediately

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Lain on November 22, 2009, 07:51:21 PM
despite me moving on, though, i will never skip the song when i hear "you used to get it in your fishnets, now you only get it in your nightdress..."

something about that opening line to flourescent adolescent drew me in pretty much immediately
I put that song in my music pack. :3
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

I could never really get into them aside from a couple songs...

Definitely not the new Beatles

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on November 23, 2009, 05:18:05 AM
I could never really get into them aside from a couple songs...

Definitely not the new Beatles

people say "the new Beatles" about the dumbest bands. it was Oasis for the longest time and it was bullshit then too.

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Boysenberry Magnetism on November 22, 2009, 07:30:56 PM
I have a friend who's in love with these guys. They're alright but overrated.

I prefer Kaiser Chiefs and Fratellis though. Pretty much same style just better.

The Kaiser Chiefs are horrible.

Go Up