October 04, 2024, 04:36:25 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'm so poor...

Started by Daddy, October 29, 2009, 07:06:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Samus Aran

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 29, 2009, 12:21:54 PM
I could imagine us dual teaching the class, building off each others' ideas until we break into back and forth recitation, taking stanzas or character lines, until we start doing mirroredly synchronized dancing while shouting the same monologue with perfect symmetry.

that sounds amazing and a hell of a lot more fun than any class i'm taking right now

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 29, 2009, 12:27:57 PM
Really! What happened there?  O_0

The idea of practicality kicked in.

I have absolutely no desire to go into journalism or to become a crusty old lit professor down the road, but I still love the literary arts.

A cousin of mine does a lot of freelance stuff and occasionally gets pieces published for a bigger city paper and has offered me a few opportunities to meet some people, but I'm not sure if I could handle that.

Regardless, I write daily and see it as more of an involved hobby than a potential career.

Who knows? Maybe some day I'll have the balls to actually flesh out ideas and build a novel, but doesn't everyone say that?

I had a great idea about two years ago and went a little wild on a single concept.
I had around a hundred pages of printed hard copy, but it's sitting back at my house somewhere.

I've soaked my brain with lit classes during my short college career so far, though.

Oh well.
There's still years and years and years.

Samus Aran

Looking at my decisions for life, your average person would probably ask why the hell I bothered going to college. My major is a BFA in Creative and Professional Writing and I don't have any idea what I'm gonna do with it. All I want to do with my life is write, really.

Sometimes I feel like I've set myself up for a dead end, but at the same time, I don't care, because as long as I have writing and Hensa I'll be okay anyway.

And I don't care how much money it took, it was worth coming here just for learning to write more effectively, even if I'm still so pathetically naive in my craft.

YPrrrr

I could teach European history/politics with me## n_u

Or gym class

Andria

I will teach biology  :3

Quote from: Kaz on October 29, 2009, 12:47:04 PM

And I don't care how much money it took, it was worth coming here just for learning to write more effectively, even if I'm still so pathetically naive in my craft.

I wouldn't worry too much about that writing especially is a craft most people never fully master its just something you build on and make your own over time and you have plenty of that.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Kaz on October 29, 2009, 12:47:04 PM
Looking at my decisions for life, your average person would probably ask why the hell I bothered going to college. My major is a BFA in Creative and Professional Writing and I don't have any idea what I'm gonna do with it. All I want to do with my life is write, really.

Sometimes I feel like I've set myself up for a dead end, but at the same time, I don't care, because as long as I have writing and Hensa I'll be okay anyway.

Without being a sappy, cliche moron, if it makes you happy, play that hand.
I'm still kind of mushing my way around here, poking here and there and trying to find a direction, which may be the wrong thing to do, but It doesn't bother me.
Sure, money woes are stressful at times, but that comes with the turf. And I love playing around with an arsenal of knowledge that actually pertains to things that I love.

Socks

October 29, 2009, 12:54:09 PM #37 Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 12:57:17 PM by Socks
Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on October 29, 2009, 12:52:43 PM
I'm still kind of mushing my way around here, poking here and there and trying to find a direction, which may be the wrong thing to do, but It doesn't bother me.
Sure, money woes are stressful at times, but that comes with the turf. And I love playing around with an arsenal of knowledge that actually pertains to things that I love.

Fo shizzle, 100%. I can also relate to some of what Kaz has to say as well.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Echo on October 29, 2009, 12:50:37 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about that writing especially is a craft most people never fully master its just something you build on and make your own over time and you have plenty of that.

oh i know, but as much as i love that it's like an odd, amorphous, absorbent, ever-changing, malleable, growing piece of human spirit, i still sometimes wish it would hurry up and grow a little faster :3

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on October 29, 2009, 12:52:43 PM

oh i will, kind sir, i will giggle;

the shortest route to the sea

I've been thinking about college for math and music. The music is a must, that's what drives me and gives me soul. But that's not the only thing that inspires me, I really like math too. So I figure, I end up being a music/math major at a strong college, manage to squeak in a day job somewhere, and keep playing piano, playing at clubs occasionally. Since I'm a hard worker, did well and probably will do well in school, if I don't get fired for my birth defect, I'll probably get a solid enough day job. It's not very romantic, and I think the pragmatism of it is overrated. I don't ever want to give up my dream of being a recording artist, however much I won't actually mind having a day job. Doing community organizing stuff would also be really nice too, I guess.

So: rock on Kaz and Boognish. I figure as long as I'm honest with myself and do what I can, it'll work out at least passably.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Veal

I love writing but I don't want to start sounding pretentious in everything I say what do I do ;_;

Title

Listening to a bunch of deadbeats talk about their useless fucking writing degrees and their fat girlfriends is really entertaining

why do i come to this forum

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: Title on October 30, 2009, 05:40:26 AM
Listening to a bunch of deadbeats talk about their useless fucking writing degrees and their fat girlfriends is really entertaining

because you love to troll
:)

??????

i love how you ruin the mood of things

i ruined all of my scholarships somewhere around sophomore year so this year I have to write a ton of essays to make up for it

plus i am pretty sure i will get some money because my parents make around less than 10,000 dollars per year

Veal

Wait who's talking about their fat girlfriends?

Go Up