October 05, 2024, 04:14:11 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Bands you just want people to get really into

Started by the shortest route to the sea, September 13, 2009, 09:18:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I just plugged back into Spacemen 3 again recently.
They're one of those bands you put on in the background for some ambient noise, but end up abandoning what you're doing to focus on the music.

There's not a whole lot there, but that minimalist droney approach really captures what they're about, and they're usually about translating drug experiences into audio form.

Their greatest album, "The perfect prescription" mirrors the highs and lows of a trip. It's unsettling, disorienting, occasionally melodic, and governed largely by an invisible drone, which keeps things low and generally sluggish.

There's no lyrical genius, or catchy melodic lines, but a perpetual consistency that echoes in every track, which all seem to bleed into each other.

Scoop it up fool.

Placebo Headwound

You guys need to listen to The Protomen. baddood;

They're a band that's made a rock opera based on Megaman. Sounds silly, but they take several creative liberties to turn it into their own story. And don't just think it's a gimmick, because the music itself is pretty damned good.

They just released a new album last month, and it's great. It starts off with an apocalyptic western theme and halfway through it turns into awesome 80's inspired synth-rock.

SONGS!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBcDoZnN8ac[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncVTPuU7CBY&feature=related[/youtube]

The second album is definitely better than the first. The first has a more raw, straight-up rock sound with a bit of 8-bit influence while the second is more polished and overall just better. giggle;

Mando Pandango

October 05, 2009, 09:57:13 AM #32 Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:05:21 AM by Man of Popsicle
Thief I was just thinking of posting The Protomen when I clicked on this thread. thumbup;

Also another awesome point for posting a video of The Hounds. It's my favorite song from them.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Geno

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on October 05, 2009, 08:08:12 AM
You guys need to listen to The Protomen. baddood;

They're a band that's made a rock opera based on Megaman. Sounds silly, but they take several creative liberties to turn it into their own story. And don't just think it's a gimmick, because the music itself is pretty damned good.

They just released a new album last month, and it's great. It starts off with an apocalyptic western theme and halfway through it turns into awesome 80's inspired synth-rock.

The second album is definitely better than the first. The first has a more raw, straight-up rock sound with a bit of 8-bit influence while the second is more polished and overall just better. giggle;
YES
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on October 05, 2009, 09:57:13 AM
Thief I was just thinking of posting The Protomen when I clicked on this thread. thumbup;

Also another awesome point for posting a video of The Hounds. It's my favorite song from them.
Wily has the best voice of all the characters. They seriously should have given him more lines. :(

YPrrrr

I wish people had gotten into the Rock N Roll Soldiers before they ran out of funds

burzumfan420

October 06, 2009, 10:47:03 PM #36 Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:52:16 PM by burzumfan420
talbot tagora. they sound like satan

Quote from: YPR on October 05, 2009, 08:22:21 PM
I wish people had gotten into the Rock N Roll Soldiers before they ran out of funds

They are so cheesy that they rule. I remembering buying so many musicians to kill. one of the first cds i bought lol, also waiting for the longest time for their never happened second album.

The singer is in his own band right now, more electro rock thing. http://www.myspace.com/babymnstr

YPrrrr

Quote from: burzumfan420 on October 06, 2009, 10:47:03 PM
They are so cheesy that they rule.
Exactly, it's just faced paced generic rock with no real message and yet I love it.
Quote from: burzumfan420 on October 06, 2009, 10:47:03 PM
The singer is in his own band right now, more electro rock thing. http://www.myspace.com/babymnstr
Sounds a little weird for them but I guess I'll just check it out for old time's sake

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on October 05, 2009, 08:22:21 PM

i love how fast-paced their dorky lyricism is

EVERYBODY IS A BITCH

burzumfan420

October 07, 2009, 05:37:35 PM #39 Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:46:20 PM by burzumfan420
their newer stuff sounded a bit more matured lyrically and pretty good imo. but they are on indefinte hiatus since they lack duckets.

Everyone here should check out Snowing they are some nu emo band that only has an EP released on their myspace for free  and the sound is like a throwback to 90s emo

j o e i n c

watched every youtube on this thread and the only one I could stomach was the protomen, which were just alright,

but kudos  cjlubdoods;

strongbad

Just downloaded a couple Mew CD's, a Future From The Left CD, and the second Protomen CD.

POST MORE AWESOME STUFF FOR ME GUYS

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: GUOB on October 27, 2009, 10:48:38 AM
Just downloaded a couple Mew CD's, a Future From The Left CD, and the second Protomen CD.

POST MORE AWESOME STUFF FOR ME GUYS

WHICH FOTL

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

strongbad

Go Up