Them Crooked Vultures - supergroup of the ever ALBUM IS ON YOUTUBE AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Started by Mando Pandango, September 09, 2009, 10:32:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

So I was curious as to what Queens of the Stone Age was planning for the future so I looked them up on wikipedia and found out about this group. What I saw got me more excited for any music release than I can remember. Here's the lineup:

Dave Grohl - drums
Josh Homme - vocals, guitar
John Paul Jones - bass, keyboard

I mean holy shit, a lovechild of Queens of the Stone Age and Led Zeppelin? I have no words to properly describe how amazing this could possibly be.

Album should be out in October. I can't fucking wait.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Yeah, i heard about that. Could be good, could be mediocre, we'll have to see

Samus Aran

Good to see "keyboard" in JPJ's instruments...hopefully he's still as amazing on the keys as he used to be. I really doubt it'll be much Led Zeppelin influence but who knows. Let's hope for the best.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Hïro on September 09, 2009, 10:33:37 PM
Yeah, i heard about that. Could be good, could be mediocre, we'll have to see
http://www.youtube.com/user/themcrookedvultures

The samples sounds pretty awesome.

Quote from: Kaz on September 09, 2009, 10:34:38 PM
Good to see "keyboard" in JPJ's instruments...hopefully he's still as amazing on the keys as he used to be. I really doubt it'll be much Led Zeppelin influence but who knows. Let's hope for the best.
Go to the link above. You can definitely hear the Zeppelin in there.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on September 09, 2009, 10:35:12 PM

Go to the link above. You can definitely hear the Zeppelin in there.

Nice guitar tone. Can't wait to see how much bluesy stuff these guys will churn out. The world needs more blues, always.

Mando Pandango

I might go up to Boston to see these guys in October. Not sure yet.

the shortest route to the sea

September 11, 2009, 05:08:46 PM #6 Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 05:12:56 PM by Alyssa the Glowing Sole
Quote from: Man of Popsicle on September 10, 2009, 08:50:01 PM
I might go up to Boston to see these guys in October. Not sure yet.

Keep me posted. If it's as good as it sounds, I'd get a ticket.

They're fifty fucking bucks  >.<

Actually...I might save for that. Or just sell more video games. I hope there's still time to get tix.

Not to be creepy, or anything.  giggle; I'd just get GA and hang out.

No tix available on ticketmaster. If you find an email / craigslist deal, I'd chip in.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Mando Pandango

September 11, 2009, 11:16:22 PM #7 Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 11:22:31 PM by Man of Popsicle
Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 11, 2009, 05:08:46 PM
Keep me posted. If it's as good as it sounds, I'd get a ticket.

They're fifty fucking bucks  >.<

Actually...I might save for that. Or just sell more video games. I hope there's still time to get tix.

Not to be creepy, or anything.  giggle; I'd just get GA and hang out.

No tix available on ticketmaster. If you find an email / craigslist deal, I'd chip in.
Fifty bucks is worth it. These are three musicians who I seriously look up to a LOT. Worth every penny.

Also awsum.

EDIT: Found two tickets for $150 on craigslist. I'll keep my eyes out to see if maybe I can get a better deal as the date gets closer but I dunno.

burzumfan420

I don't really like anything by anyone in that band besides David Grohl and only his work in nirvana and Scream

Samus Aran

Quote from: burzumfan420 on September 13, 2009, 10:24:35 AM
I don't really like anything by anyone in that band besides David Grohl and only his work in nirvana and Scream

you didn't like JPJ in Led Zeppelin? doodthing;

sans culottes

It's good that Grohl is drumming again. He went from excellent to mediocre with Foo Fighters.
I support BUSH

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on September 11, 2009, 11:16:22 PM
Fifty bucks is worth it. These are three musicians who I seriously look up to a LOT. Worth every penny.

Also awsum.

EDIT: Found two tickets for $150 on craigslist. I'll keep my eyes out to see if maybe I can get a better deal as the date gets closer but I dunno.

Ticketmaster supposedly releases more tix as the date gets closer, but I've never gotten tix that way. Either you get an internet deal, or you show up day-of and hope to find a kind scalper.

Mando Pandango

THEY'RE PLAYING IN NEW YORK. TICKETS GO ON SALE TOMORROW.

JIZZ. EVERYWHERE.

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on September 25, 2009, 01:03:47 PM
THEY'RE PLAYING IN NEW YORK. TICKETS GO ON SALE TOMORROW.

JIZZ. EVERYWHERE.

Yeah sure blow me off  >.<

Enjoy it!  giggle;

Go Up