October 05, 2024, 04:17:21 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Releases You've Heard Of / Are Looking Forward to / Have Leaks Of

Started by the shortest route to the sea, August 23, 2009, 01:08:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

What's new that you're looking forward to? Got a leak of something awesome? Post it here, I guess.

Flaming Lips aren't releasing their album before I see them, but they'll have listening stations (which is why I'm getting there well before doors), and I have 3 of the tracks and 3 b-sides. It's exciting stuff, not as crazy, but pretty smooth, like Joy Division made a bit more rocky.

Muse's The Resistance is exciting, but I haven't listened to any of the cuts they've released. Muse usually never wows me, but they never disappoint me, plus I'm more excited that they're touring. If they announce a US tour I'll be on that in an instant.

Arcade FIre is doing the soundtrack for The Box, which is sort of a release; but supposedly they'll have another album out by the end of the year. I know very little about it, and I play pretty close attention; but I'm excited like anything.

Radiohead released These Are My Twisted Words, and Yorke confirmed a new album by the end of the year. It'll be more lively and energetic than some of the tracks on In Rainbows, supposedly.

Sufjan Stevens is working on string reworkings of his Rabbit album, which is pretty good. Don't know much. A release of The BQE is coming out on October 20th.

MESSAGE ICONS ARRRRRRRRRR

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Commander Fuckass

The new Incubus album that might be out in 2010 ;-; or atleast I hope
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Mando Pandango

Foo Fighters announced they're working on a new album.
I think Say Anything is putting out something new soon

uh i think that's it
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

snorkel

radiohead isn't releasing another album, Yorke has said multiple times he doesn't think the band could do another whole album and instead for now he likes the single-every-few-months format

DESPOT should be having a first LP on def jux this fall, though, that will be great

oh and TYCHO is working on another album, could only be amazing

YPrrrr

Wrench

Daddy

Thyme

Muse released the Uprising single, with a remix from Does it Offend You, Yeah? and some other things. Haven't picked it up yet, but album's out on Monday.

September 22, 2009, 06:40:43 PM #11 Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 08:43:52 PM by Alyssa the Glowing Sole
Muse's "The Resistance" isn't superb, but it's pretty good, from what I hear. I have yet to pick it up.

Islands officially released Vapours today. Jamie Thompson came back.

[spoiler]HOLY FUCKING GODSHIT YES ISLANDS ANOTHER ISLANDS ALBUM FUCK YES I HOPE IT'S BETTER THAN ARM'S WAY I'M SO EXCITED RETURN TO THE SEA WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST THINGS TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME EVER IT'S JUST SO WELL TEXTURED AND I ALWAYS COME BACK TO IT AND GET SOMETHING NEW SO FUCKING PUMPED YEAHH I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN HANDLE DOING MY PHYSICS HOMEWORK WITH THE SHEER AWESOME THAT'LL POUR THROUGH MY SPEAKERS BUT I'LL DO IT ANYWAY YEAAAHHH FUCK DIDDLY SHITWAFFLES ISLANDS YEAHHHHHHHHH

Not as good as I hoped  >.<[/spoiler]

I can't totally tell, but new Electric President album is almost out, or is out. I can't tell. :x

strongbad

Le Loup, a small indie group out of DC, released a new album and is touring. I highly recommend them if you get past a slight bit of artsy pretentiousness.

Daddy

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 03, 2009, 04:57:39 AM
Le Loup, a small indie group out of DC, released a new album and is touring. I highly recommend them if you get past a slight bit of artsy pretentiousness.
i like being pretentious

Go Up