October 05, 2024, 04:17:57 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Releases You've Heard Of / Are Looking Forward to / Have Leaks Of

Started by the shortest route to the sea, August 23, 2009, 01:08:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

Basically nothing for the rest of the year except the new Flaming Lips album
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: GENOP on October 03, 2009, 06:35:08 AM
Basically nothing for the rest of the year except the new Flaming Lips album

This entire year has been release-heavy enough that I don't care.  hocuspocus;

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Andria

The new Katatonia album just got a release date so I can say I will be looking forward to that! Hopefully it is at least somewhat close to what The Great Cold Distance was

Skylark

last weekend i heard talk of a new Joanna Newsom album.
also... fall 2010 is new cocorosie
the book of right on

spaceman

Congratulations by MGMT and Contra by Vampire Weekend in early 2010.

And a new Strokes album, and a new Wolfmother album.

Quote from: Skylark on October 04, 2009, 12:09:26 AM
last weekend i heard talk of a new Joanna Newsom album.
also... fall 2010 is new cocorosie

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Quickly scanning the tubes:

QuoteHaving sporadically debuted new songs at her concerts since the fall of 2007, on March 28, 2009, Newsom performed over two hours of new material at a "secret" concert in Big Sur, California with fellow Nevada City singer-songwriter Mariee Sioux, under the pseudonym The Beatles's. Those in attendance reported that about one-third of her new material was played primarily on piano, with a backing arrangement of banjo, violin, guitar and drums.[2]

Some quotes from milkymoon thread started in september:

Quote"Hi Dwain,

Thanks so much for the email but Joanna isn't doing interviews at
this time. I promise you there is a good reason, Just can't disclose
anything just yet."

Folks as you know i have been trying to get Joanna to answer some interview questions for awhile(or if u didn't know u know now)......the static i am getting right now makes me think very much that they are in the process...as we speak....of RECORDING A NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i can't quote anyone, and the above response came from Drag City itself when i again asked for a chance to run some interview questions past Joanna(through the propper channels)...but from whom and what i have heard...my gut tells me the sound is going down on vinyl as we speak. YES
Why Drag City is so tight lipped, i can't say, maybe they just want to splash us to death when it is for sale, or maybe there are some other issues that are preventing any release of info....hmmmmm i remember a certain Pitchfork slip where Ys was open for the taking long before it ever hit the release date, perhaps Joanna herself has clamped down on all the valves....good to know there is a strong woman's hand at the tiller eh?

What will be on it?
Barbara
Sweet Esame
California Song.......oh man i can't wait!!!

dwain-yer intrepid reporter(who's never wrong about these things ...right?)

QuoteAlso, somebody posted today on the LJ community asking what Joanna was up to and somebody replied "I have an inside scoop that she's recorded a ton of new material (17 full songs is the word), and she's working on which ones will be on a new album."

[spoiler]Wow! I have not posted here in quite some time, I have been MIA for a while guys! Well, my friends working in Nevada City are actually pretty close with the family out there, so under the table the album should be out by September 18th I think was the date, or somewhere around there...17 tracks is about right, no word as to what the album's name is, but I'll be going out to Nevada City myself and San Francisco for the summer so I'll see what I can do about getting some more info from close sources ! Nice to see everyone is still as active, alas I have not![/spoiler]
QuoteNo. It was all based on "insider information" from people on the internet. Drag City hasn't said anything and her booking agency has her listed as looking to tour in November and December.

QuoteI'm honestly guessing we won't get anything til 2010

So who knows  :(

strongbad

Skylark

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 04, 2009, 08:19:25 PM
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Quickly scanning the tubes:

Some quotes from milkymoon thread started in september:
[spoiler]Wow! I have not posted here in quite some time, I have been MIA for a while guys! Well, my friends working in Nevada City are actually pretty close with the family out there, so under the table the album should be out by September 18th I think was the date, or somewhere around there...17 tracks is about right, no word as to what the album's name is, but I'll be going out to Nevada City myself and San Francisco for the summer so I'll see what I can do about getting some more info from close sources ! Nice to see everyone is still as active, alas I have not![/spoiler]

So who knows  :(

it might be far away but i still can't wait! it will come... and be beautiful
the book of right on

YPrrrr

Hyper has made me crave Tame Impala, and their first album is set for release in early 2010 doodella;

Hiro

Quote from: YPR on November 06, 2009, 10:42:36 AM
Hyper has made me crave Tame Impala, and their first album is set for release in early 2010 doodella;
Trying them out right now, not too bad

New Fuck Buttons.

Check it out and see what you think, but it's a bit too dancey for me.

Go Up