July 15, 2024, 10:56:48 AM

1,531,280 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Gang of Four

Started by sans culottes, July 25, 2009, 06:55:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

Some while back, I told a friend of mine about Wire (awesome band, by the way). He liked them and later discovered Gang of Four, which he suggested that I listen to. I neglected to listen to them at that moment and forgot about them for awhile. Well, I finally remembered to listen to them and got their first album, Entertainment!

The album title speaks truth. This is the only Gang of Four record I've heard so far, but I'm already loving this band. Their music is minimalistic post-punk, but they managed to create amazing music out of simple songs. It's obligatory that I give a sample of this album, so here's Damaged Goods, one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhDwuNIAh2o

This band is EXCELLENT.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

July 25, 2009, 09:04:59 PM #1 Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 06:31:22 AM by Ken
I have one of their songs. A friend of mine gave it to me, and I really enjoy it. It's "I Found That Essence Rare." Very cool stuff, I love the guitar tone in it, especially the silly little mock-surf-guitar moments in it.

I have a lot of bands where I only have one song by them because of receiving mixed indie/mildly unknown artist compilations from a friend in college.

sans culottes

Yeah, that's a great song. Pretty much every song on the album is within the same style, so I'd definitely reccommend that you get all of Entertainment!
I support BUSH

Smell Memory

I feel special that I knew of Wire and Gang of Four a long time ago. <3
Felt: because politics are for fools y/n
Felt: goldfrapp controls everything.

Houdini

Entertainment! is great, but it's the kind of record that only works when you're in a certain mood.

Go Up