October 21, 2024, 03:37:33 AM

1,531,337 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Hey guys, I need stuff to do in New York.

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, June 16, 2009, 10:52:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Paul

Coney Island, Flushing Meadow Park, Central Park, Apple Stores.

rdl

Quote from: Trav on June 16, 2009, 03:19:25 PM
Are you fucking retarded?
Of all of the retarded things he's said, you decided to call him out for...that?

Travis

Quote from: RDX on June 16, 2009, 06:01:02 PM
Of all of the retarded things he's said, you decided to call him out for...that?
Not really, do you pay attention? I call him out at least once a day

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Paul on June 16, 2009, 05:55:35 PM
Apple Stores.
Why the hell would you wanna go to the Apple store unless you need to buy something? doodhuh;

ME##

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on June 16, 2009, 08:05:20 PM
Why the hell would you wanna go to the Apple store unless you need to buy something? doodhuh;

Really, I guess the one on Fifth Avenue or whatever is pretty to look at, but you can just look at it on the website.  doodhuh;

Paul

Quote from: Canard Diapason Funambule on June 16, 2009, 08:09:11 PM
Really, I guess the one on Fifth Avenue or whatever is pretty to look at, but you can just look at it on the website.  doodhuh;

That's the one I was referring to. The Apple Store 5th ave is extremely nice.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Paul on June 16, 2009, 08:58:50 PM
That's the one I was referring to. The Apple Store 5th ave is extremely nice.
But it's still just a store and not really anything special. doodhuh;

YPrrrr

You should go to some museums... more specifically, the Met

Paul

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on June 16, 2009, 10:00:51 PM
But it's still just a store and not really anything special. doodhuh;

The architecture is beautiful.

ME##

Quote from: Paul on June 17, 2009, 12:55:59 PM
The architecture is beautiful.

It's just a glass cube with the store below it.  doodhuh;  Not to mention the store looks cramped. Never mind, I guess I got the interior mixed up with our store.

KonohaShinobi

Does new york still have an enormous Toys R us in Times Square or something?

Also, as for a show you could attend, the Today show, I guess, lol.

Sam

June 17, 2009, 02:04:03 PM #26 Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:16:17 PM by Sam
There's almost nothing you can get at the nintendo store that you can't get anywhere else, too many places sell Ninty Shirts now. The only good things they have  are the plushies. And their Twilight Princess Trading cards, but they probably don't have those anymroe. :(

I'm kinda a loser so I don't know if anyone else would like this, but I always check in the NBC Store (it's right next to Nintendo World) when I go to rockefeller center. If you have extra time sign up for the tour (it's like $20 for an hour I think) they bring you into the studios and it's actually pretty fun. You usually end up seeing a star or two, but it's off-season so don't expect much. There's also some sort of a thing where you can go, as they say, on "top of the rock" and get an amazing view of the city. I've never bothered but I've seen pictures from it, really nice. No idea what the cost is.

Also in Rockefeller, there are like 5 chocolate shops (Godiva <333). You must stop in one.

And you have to go to Crumbs. I have no idea where it is, I forget, but best cupcakes fucking ever. Hands Down.

As for museums, the Met and MOMA are both good. Brooklyn Botanic Garden is great if you want to take a stroll through some pretty flowers (it's actually a really interesting place to be, I could spend a whole afternoon in there.

I think Avenue Q has left the city, otherwise I'd recommend that... I really have no idea what's on broadway right now. If you wander the streets for long enough there's a good chance you'll be invited to sit in the audience for something.

I dunno, there are all sorts of monuments and whatnot that anyone going to visit new york should see. I',m not sure how often you go/have been/ etc. If this is your first time, go check out grand central. My favorite building in the whole city.

Oh, and to get around, get a day-long pass for the subway. You haven't experienced the city until you've gotten completely lost in their public transportation system. :|
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

superclucky

chat with some BITCH and make her/him take you to places
kewns are smelly

Sam

June 17, 2009, 02:06:30 PM #28 Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:16:39 PM by Sam
Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on June 16, 2009, 11:44:16 AM
I'm not sure how much Broadway tickets cost, but that'd probably eat your entire $400.  hocuspocus;
Perhaps you could go see Conan or SNL.

I don't know about Conan, but for SNL there is a lottery once a year in August. if you don't get a ticket then, you don't get a ticket. There's no way he'd be able to score a seat in there, those are the most difficult tickets to get in all of NYC. Plus there's the fact that SNL has wrapped for the summer.

1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Go Up