September 29, 2024, 03:22:47 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

what should i major in

Started by Zach, May 20, 2009, 10:14:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

What should I major in?

English (lol)
1 (6.7%)
Journalism
1 (6.7%)
Radio-TV
1 (6.7%)
Music
3 (20%)
Other
9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Go Down

superclucky

kewns are smelly

Daddy

just1more

Whoops. I didn't see the Other option. Oh well. Out of the options you gave, I'd choose journalism because that seems like the only one that would actually get you a job (other than maybe radio-tv). Otherwise, I'd tell you to find other options.

hotlikesauce.

I can give you some Warm-Ups and exercises for drumline. What drum are you trying out for?

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Kevin on May 21, 2009, 12:54:12 PM
I can give you some Warm-Ups and exercises for drumline. What drum are you trying out for?

The kid's like two-three years older than you. He's going to college, I'm sure he's got it covered.

Also music. You will absolutely fall in love with it, and you may not want to do anything with music now, but you will. People have so much more passion at a university than a high school (obviously).
It's also one of the only subjects that teachers teach that you don't have to keep feeding kids the same bullshit year after year after year.
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

if you aren't really spectacular what can you do with a music major other than teach it.

it's just like a history major

Oh

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on May 21, 2009, 02:35:36 PM
The kid's like two-three years older than you. He's going to college, I'm sure he's got it covered.

Also music. You will absolutely fall in love with it, and you may not want to do anything with music now, but you will. People have so much more passion at a university than a high school (obviously).
It's also one of the only subjects that teachers teach that you don't have to keep feeding kids the same bullshit year after year after year.

In the unlikely event that he has all of the same warm-ups/exercises that I do, I can still give him tips since, I believe, this is his first year trying out for a drum.

Slim

Ignore what everyone else said and just listen to YPR.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Tomboh

other

any other of those degrees will be used as toilet paper in 10 years

Zach

Quote from: Slim on May 21, 2009, 05:11:36 PM
Ignore what everyone else said and just listen to YPR.

That's what I've mostly been doing. Det made a good point, too.

Veal

Babeology with a minor in Boozin' It.

Det in F♯ Major

May 22, 2009, 10:04:59 AM #28 Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:16:54 AM by Det in F♯ Major
Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on May 21, 2009, 04:09:12 PM
if you aren't really spectacular what can you do with a music major other than teach it.

it's just like a history major

what are you talking about
when do history majors perform across the world with their students
and teaching music is probably a lot more rewarding than teaching people about the civil war since, like i already said, you don't have to teach the same bullshit year after year

music majors and history majors are nothing alike

not to mention this kid doesn't even want to do anything with history
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Go Up