July 25, 2024, 01:38:57 AM

1,531,283 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Gold and Silver being remade

Started by strongbad, May 03, 2009, 12:59:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Bisounour on July 30, 2009, 11:37:13 AM
Fire starters are the best to go with wariodood;
the only cool one was what's his name.

cyndaquil.

Samus Aran

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Ken on July 30, 2009, 11:53:04 AM
um excuse me charmander was cool :|
ha ha yeah ok.

if charmander got his tail wet he would die, that's pretty lame.

Samus Aran

Quote from: NautSyd on July 30, 2009, 12:00:01 PM
ha ha yeah ok.

if charmander got his tail wet he would die, that's pretty lame.

that's just in the tv show, which sucks dick anyway

YPrrrr

don't let's

August 02, 2009, 07:14:45 PM #110 Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 06:43:41 PM by Banned
Quote from: Bisounour on July 30, 2009, 11:37:13 AM
Fire starters are the best to go with wariodood;
Gold/Silver were the only games where fire was not my preferred starter. I liked the water starter and its evolutions better in those games.

Trini

Am I the only one that didn't like the G/S starters?
[CENTER][/center]

StarPilot

Quote from: Trini on August 03, 2009, 06:31:46 PM
Am I the only one that didn't like the G/S starters?
Well I didn't like Totodile back in Gen2, but that's because it's stat growth didn't go well with its type in that generation. Hell, it wasn't until Gen4 (D/P/P) that each type was hardlocked into Physical and Special attacks. I would imagine Totodile's evolution tree to be much more effective now that attacks like Aqua Tail are going to draw from its Physical Attack stat and not its pathetic-excuse-for-a-Special-Attack stat.

As for the other 2, Cyndaquil's stats play well for offensive fire, and Chikorita's stats and move pool work well for a bulky grass type.

Also, G/S/C is the only starter set that is always a pure type, aka not Grass/Poison Bulbasaur, not Fire/Flying Charizard, not Water/Steel (ololwat) Empoleon.

Trini

Quote from: StarPilot on August 03, 2009, 07:40:50 PM
Well I didn't like Totodile back in Gen2, but that's because it's stat growth didn't go well with its type in that generation. Hell, it wasn't until Gen4 (D/P/P) that each type was hardlocked into Physical and Special attacks. I would imagine Totodile's evolution tree to be much more effective now that attacks like Aqua Tail are going to draw from its Physical Attack stat and not its pathetic-excuse-for-a-Special-Attack stat.

As for the other 2, Cyndaquil's stats play well for offensive fire, and Chikorita's stats and move pool work well for a bulky grass type.

Also, G/S/C is the only starter set that is always a pure type, aka not Grass/Poison Bulbasaur, not Fire/Flying Charizard, not Water/Steel (ololwat) Empoleon.

Well that's where it came from. Totodile's case, and my dislike of bulky pokemon and Cyndiquil in general just turned me away from that generation and left a bad impression on me. I agree that they'll do much better with the stat changes and hopefully I'll enjoy the game.
[CENTER][/center]

Andria

Gold/silver definitely had my least favorite starter pokemon. I really had no affinity for any of them like in red/blue I always got bulbasaur then i always got torchic in sapphire/emerald. In gold and silver I really didn't care about the starter ones and replaced them as soon as I could.

strongbad

G/S was my favorite generation. Totodile is one of my favorite pokemons too ;-;

Geno

Quote from: StarPilot on August 03, 2009, 07:40:50 PM

This is the nerdiest post I've ever read
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

rdl

Quote from: Geno on August 03, 2009, 10:34:40 PM
This is the nerdiest post I've ever read
You should see the Pokemon thread on Outsid.

strongbad

Quote from: RDX on August 03, 2009, 10:54:28 PM
You should see the Pokemon thread on Outsid.

I lurked on serebii for years. I've seen worse.

StarPilot

And I brought that stuff up because I still have the Official Gold & Silver strategy guide from 2nd gen somewhere that came with a poster with all 251 Pokemon on it. baddood;

And a gen1 Pokemon blanket with Pikachu and the gen1 starters on it. And a Pikachu pillow from the same timeframe. Oh, and I think I still have the 3 pins that came with my Silver pre-order as well. You know, the ones that came in translucent plastic pokeballs that held Lugia, Bellossom, and Pikachu.

[spoiler]Yes I like Pokemon a lot. sillydood; sillydood; sillydood; sillydood; sillydood; [/spoiler]

Go Up