September 07, 2024, 06:39:42 AM

1,531,310 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Gold and Silver being remade

Started by strongbad, May 03, 2009, 12:59:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

I would of liked Red and Blue redone, before these games.

StarPilot

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on July 22, 2009, 07:44:42 AM
FireRed and LeafGreen say otherwise.

NOA_Haunted

Geno

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on July 22, 2009, 07:44:42 AM
Uh they did
like 5 years ago
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Baron von Narwhal

I told myself I wouldn't be excited for any more Pokemon games after D/P but I can't help it G/S was so awesome

bluaki

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on July 22, 2009, 10:30:40 AM
I'm colorblind.
In Japan, the first Pokemon games were Red and Green.
Everywhere else in the world, the first pair were Red and Blue, which both had slightly better quality visuals than Japan's first two games (and the same sprites as another Japan-only third version of the same name, Blue).

Firered and Leafgreen just didn't bother with the weird naming and they're technically remakes of the Japan-exclusive predecessor of Red/Blue.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: bluaki on July 28, 2009, 10:36:37 AM
In Japan, the first Pokemon games were Red and Green.
Everywhere else in the world, the first pair were Red and Blue, which both had slightly better quality visuals than Japan's first two games (and the same sprites as another Japan-only third version of the same name, Blue).

Firered and Leafgreen just didn't bother with the weird naming and they're technically remakes of the Japan-exclusive predecessor of Red/Blue.
Yeah I never played my GBA, so any GBA pokemon games are over my head.

sans culottes

Gold, Silver, and Crystal were pretty much the greatest games in the series. While the Gen III and IV games blew away GSC's crappy interface, they could not match up to the fun story and replay value of Gold and Silver.

Diamond and Pearl kinda sucked because they were too easy, all the new Pokemans were boring, and Sinnoh was a shitty region. FireRed and LeafGreen were a huge success, so I pray that D/P's shittiness doesn't transfer over to HeartGold and SoulSilver.
I support BUSH

StarPilot

Another thing about D/P/P is that if you exclude legendaries, Fire types got shafted with the starter Chimchar and his evolution chain being the only new Fire types, and Ponyta/Rapidash being the only other Fire type available for most of the game.

YPrrrr

Quote from: StarPilot on July 29, 2009, 04:43:25 PM
Another thing about D/P/P is that if you exclude legendaries, Fire types got shafted with the starter Chimchar and his evolution chain being the only new Fire types, and Ponyta/Rapidash being the only other Fire type available for most of the game.
For all of the game really... That annoyed me too because I love the fire type, but am not a fan of Rapidash

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on July 30, 2009, 09:41:41 AM
For all of the game really... That annoyed me too because I love the fire type, but am not a fan of Rapidash

Infernape is actually pretty badass I must say.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Ken on July 30, 2009, 09:44:50 AM
Infernape is actually pretty badass I must say.
Ehhh... I don't really like him, but I'm not going to say it's a bad pokemon outside of just repeating Blaziken's types

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

The starters just plain sucked. I hated all of them. I didn't even bother playing with Piplup because I hate penguins and piplup looked fucking stupid.

It screwed me up too because I always played the games with the water starter. Fucking Pearl.

Hiro

Quote from: NautSyd on July 30, 2009, 11:18:50 AM
The starters just plain sucked. I hated all of them. I didn't even bother playing with Piplup because I hate penguins and piplup looked fucking stupid.

It screwed me up too because I always played the games with the water starter. Fucking Pearl.
I chose piplup because as stupid as he was, he evolved into the badass Empoleon. thumbup;

I agree though, turtwig was way too similar to bulbasaur, and i just found the idea of a fire monkey stupid.

wawi

Quote from: Hïro on July 30, 2009, 11:30:43 AM
I agree though, turtwig was way too similar to bulbasaur, and i just found the idea of a fire monkey stupid.

Fire starters are the best to go with wariodood;

Go Up