July 08, 2024, 10:48:16 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Gold and Silver being remade

Started by strongbad, May 03, 2009, 12:59:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Aw I don't want it to have D/P graphics ;-; oh and they better have running shoes

Himu

YPrrrr

Himu

Quote from: YPR on May 03, 2009, 10:34:11 PM
it's not
sometimes it's hard to tell with you.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

YPrrrr

Quote from: Cyanide on May 03, 2009, 10:37:38 PM
sometimes it's hard to tell with you.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
I know, it's become a problem... I am much too subtle.

Gold/Silver was my most anticipated sequel to a game as a kid and it didn't disappoint

Himu

Quote from: YPR on May 03, 2009, 10:42:20 PM
I know, it's become a problem... I am much too subtle.

Gold/Silver was my most anticipated sequel to a game as a kid and it didn't disappoint
It's the only pokemon game that has replay value IMO.  FireRed and LeafGreen gave me hope that the remake would happen soon. [:

greg400

Quote from: David on May 03, 2009, 08:45:22 PM
I mean that I can't force myself to go through the actual RPG without worrying about EVs and everything, because if I don't actually train for them, I feel like I'm not living up to my potential. I don't really care about competitive battling, but the whole aspect is keeping me from enjoying the RPGs that I once loved.

Lol, no one ev trains in game Pokémon. You do that shit after you beat the game.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: StarPilot on May 03, 2009, 01:09:21 PM
I hope you can still get 16 badges.
Best part of g/s was going back to get the other badges.

It made me feel like I got two games for the price of one goowan

KonohaShinobi

Fire red and Leaf Green's Elite Four was hard as all hell. I had to train like a bitch for months, learning everything about EVs and all that other metagame stuff  just to have a team good enough to get past the first 3 of the 4 elite. I still haven't beaten Fire Red. And I barely understand half of the metagame training mumbo jumbo, but it is rather interesting.

I'm not getting my hopes up for a Gold/Silver remake until there is actual confirmation. Been let down too much by "major game announcement".

Quote from: whoever said thisI hope they remake yellow...

WHY HAVEN'T THEY IMPLEMENTED THAT POKEMON FOLLOWING SYSTEM INTO ANY OTHER GAME YET?! That's the main reason I chose Yellow over Blue (already had Red, was going to get either Blue or Yellow for my Birthday), I felt like Ash, I want that feeling again ;-; I thought they would put it into D/P, seeing as the graphics were remade, and the pokemon trailing you would look so much cooler.

They already have the sprites for the in-game pokemon, they just need to put them into the world. Make me feel much more attached to my pokemon if I can see them walking alongside me.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 04, 2009, 06:33:21 AM
WHY HAVEN'T THEY IMPLEMENTED THAT POKEMON FOLLOWING SYSTEM INTO ANY OTHER GAME YET?!
I loved yellow for that. You had that gay park thing in that one town but it wasn't the same and sucked.

strongbad

Quote from: greg400 on May 03, 2009, 11:27:36 PM
Lol, no one ev trains in game Pokémon. You do that shit after you beat the game.

Oh I never got the memo baddood;

Dullahan

It'd be cool if there was another land for us to catch some of the Hoenn Pokemon too. Like the nine islands in Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Geno

It's not going to be for GBA so fuck it
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Himu

strongbad

I think I'm going to rush through Diamond and attempt to train some decent pokemon to prepare for this new game.

Maybe I will start to play competitively...

Go Up