July 08, 2024, 12:29:10 PM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Gold and Silver being remade

Started by strongbad, May 03, 2009, 12:59:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Classic

Dullahan

Fucking yes.

The only thing I had a problem with was the lack of challenge in the Pokemon league. Also, they need to keep the starters' evolution levels the same. Other than having grass being the first to get its final form at level 32 and the others 36.

Thyme

Quote from: David on May 03, 2009, 01:20:04 PM
I don't see why anybody who isn't a competitive pokemon trainer would buy it.

People with nostalgia goggles who haven't played D/P.

<- giggle;

I'm still not buying it though. maps;

YPrrrr

Hiro

Oh

Quote from: Hïro on May 03, 2009, 04:08:50 PM
A good chunk of the pokemon sucked
Basically all Pokemon suck except for like 20 or 30 that tourney fags use.  akudood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: stacey on May 03, 2009, 04:25:28 PM
Basically all Pokemon suck except for like 20 or 30 that tourney fags use.  akudood;
I just like ones that look cool n_u

And Gold/Silver gave me Houndoom, so that's always a plus

Hiro

Quote from: YPR on May 03, 2009, 04:56:06 PM
I just like ones that look cool n_u

And Gold/Silver gave me Houndoom, so that's always a plus
Arcanine > Growlithe > Houdour > Houndoom

YPrrrr

Quote from: Hïro on May 03, 2009, 05:05:52 PM
Arcanine > Growlithe > Houdour > Houndoom
How is Houndour above Houndoom

I mean I don't agree with the Arcanine thing either, but the Houndour thing is just weirder

strongbad

I hate the competitive aspect of pokemon. I tried to get into it, but there's SO MUCH INFORMATION to take in that it's barely worth it. Hell, I can't stand EV training or IV breeding either. The problem is that whenever I start a pokemon game, I feel like a scrub if I don't do any of that stuff so i usually just stop playing.

Oh

Quote from: David on May 03, 2009, 05:32:46 PM
I hate the competitive aspect of pokemon. I tried to get into it, but there's SO MUCH INFORMATION to take in that it's barely worth it. Hell, I can't stand EV training or IV breeding either. The problem is that whenever I start a pokemon game, I feel like a scrub if I don't do any of that stuff so i usually just stop playing.
This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This

greg400

Fuck yes I can't wait. It will be amazing if they still allow you to go back to Kanto.

Quote from: David on May 03, 2009, 05:32:46 PM
It's incredibly basic and easily understandable once you know at least a LITTLE about it. If you want to be competitive without bothering with EV training or IV breeding, well then you have two options.

Number one is download Shoddy Battle (http://shoddybattle.com/). It is essentially a battle simulator. You edit your team within minutes, go to the server of your choice (Smogon being the best, tiers wise and user amount), then simply either challenge someone or take on the ladder. It's an easy way to get in fast without having to breed and ev train for countless hours only to have the particular team or Pokémon fail. However, I suggest brushing up on tiers, movesets and team building before you go any further (http://www.smogon.com/).

Your second option is use a program called Pokésav, since I know you have a flashcard from your previous posts, you can use the cheats option on it and do basically what I said above only it's in the actual game itself(Only this method you can go overboard with stats so make sure you stay inside the actual game limits when editing). For more on that watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2awrJWfiNks

strongbad

I mean that I can't force myself to go through the actual RPG without worrying about EVs and everything, because if I don't actually train for them, I feel like I'm not living up to my potential. I don't really care about competitive battling, but the whole aspect is keeping me from enjoying the RPGs that I once loved.

Himu

omg

gold and silver is in my top 5 favorite games list

YPrrrr

Quote from: Cyanide on May 03, 2009, 09:15:30 PM
omg

gold and silver is in my top 5 favorite games list
You have good taste

Go Up