Question aimed more towards Christians lol

Started by Daddy, March 17, 2009, 06:36:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

EVOLUTION AND THE STORY OF CREATION

I believe that we were created by God 6000 years ago like The Bible says.
1 (3.7%)
I believe we were created by God more than 6000 years ago.
0 (0%)
I believe that God created the world 6000 years ago and we evolved from there
2 (7.4%)
I believe we evolved a long time ago but God created the world.
4 (14.8%)
I don't believe in God and I believe we evolved
16 (59.3%)
I don't believe in God but I also don't think we evolved.
0 (0%)
I believe something other than these options and will post about it.
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Go Down

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: ra-ˈkün on April 02, 2009, 07:43:50 PM
Okay.

1.)Personal responsibility. Relegating willpower, consequence, and causation to a higher power is a copout.  About 7 years ago I thought it would be a good idea to kill myself by drinking a nice large glass of Draino.  Realizing it was stupid was what stopped me, not "God".  About 7 months ago I had the brilliant idea of cutting myself and playing with rat poison to prevent clotting.  Once again, it was my own choice not to do it.  Then about 2 weeks later I then had another idea of OM NOM NOMNOM NOM NOM'ing on anti depressants(don't take them they suck). It wasn't God that stopped me.  It was hallucinations and being dizzy, so I ended up at 1/4th the lethal dosage.  akudood;   Attributing something you find within yourself to decide not to end your own life is demeaning to yourself and your capabilities. You, yourself, said that you don't have enough strength to do it by yourself.  But you did, and you should recognize it and use that strength to not let other stuff keep you down. Don't tell yourself that you are week and nothing without a deity offering his divine intervention.

2.)If God really was caring enough to help you not kill yourself, why wouldn't he just save your father instead?

1. You have a great point. But I don't think that it was just me that saved myself. I know for a fact that I wouldn't, and didn't, have enough strength to kill myself. I needed the distraction of my mom nearly walking in on me the first time, and then the common sense the second time. Remember, I was so depressed that I felt like it was the only way.
2. My dad couldn't live forever. He lived a great life, knew lots of people, fathered me and my little sister (and probably some Vietnamese kid...), and built several buildings through-out the area I live in. But my dad can't be Superman. He couldn't help it that he got cancer. And the way I see it, God wanted my dad to come to heaven.

Travis

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: im on a boat on April 02, 2009, 07:52:45 PM
yeah, and I say dumb shit that doesn't apply to the topic.  doodthing;

uhm
who the fuck are you
you're a fucking nobody on this forum
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Travis

Himu

Oh and to be fair God really does save some people.

If you put enough faith in him and truly believe in his power you will become a happier person.

Ignorance is bliss. akudood;

Det in F♯ Major

BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

I just noticed I said "week" and not "weak"

2.)So, if a person lives, that is God's intervention, but if they die it's God's will to bring them to heaven?  Why the hell did we stop the holocaust? Hitler was just helping God send jews to heaven or something.

Travis

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on April 02, 2009, 07:55:13 PM
thats a given with your posts
i have been on this forum longer than you

but this is off topic so i'm done

Daddy

Det in F♯ Major

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: ra-ˈkün on April 02, 2009, 07:56:43 PM
I just noticed I said "week" and not "weak"

2.)So, if a person lives, that is God's intervention, but if they die it's God's will to bring them to heaven?  Why the hell did we stop the holocaust? Hitler was just helping God send jews to heaven or something.

Well, kinda...It really depends. Did you learn something from the experience (other than the fact that you're a suicidal lunatic and that drinking Draino is a bad idea...)? Did you come out a better person at the end? If yes, devine intervention.

And, yes, when people die, it is God's will to bring them to heaven. But there's still a difference between murder and natural death.

Daddy

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on April 02, 2009, 08:00:09 PM
Well, kinda...It really depends. Did you learn something from the experience (other than the fact that you're a suicidal lunatic and that drinking Draino is a bad idea...)?
I am crazy;______;  also not really.

QuoteDid you come out a better person at the end? If yes, devine intervention.
no, the better person part probably came up after developing some personality and anxiety disorders after years of abuse.  akudood;
idk if it's divine intervention that i have panic attacks in some situations.  baddood;

And, yes, when people die, it is God's will to bring them to heaven.
What about George Carlin?

QuoteBut there's still a difference between murder and natural death.
People can only claim God's intervention for one?

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: ra-ˈkün on April 02, 2009, 08:05:51 PM
I am crazy;______;  also not really.
no, the better person part probably came up after developing some personality and anxiety disorders after years of abuse.  akudood;
idk if it's divine intervention that i have panic attacks in some situations.  baddood;
What about George Carlin?
People can only claim God's intervention for one?

Personal problems aside...Hell, I don't know.

Classic

James, be nice.

He's going by gut instinct.

Daddy

I think that was relatively nice to what I could normally do.

i think i went 3 posts without saying there is no god

Go Up