July 07, 2024, 07:15:17 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Educate me.

Started by Det in F♯ Major, March 10, 2009, 03:46:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lozal. on March 13, 2009, 07:51:06 PM
ELP>>>>>Yes>>>King Crimson>Genesis

At least in my opinion. :[

you're weird :|

Lozal

Quote from: Kaz on March 13, 2009, 09:08:12 PM
you're weird :|
I know.  :(

I'm just absolutely in love with ELP. They're my obsession as of right now. o_o
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lozal. on March 13, 2009, 10:51:27 PM
I know.  :(

I'm just absolutely in love with ELP. They're my obsession as of right now. o_o

I've never been able to have much more than a slight interest in them. They're really not usually my kind of prog. I mean, they're not terrible like Kansas or something, but still. Yes is better than ELP if you ask me. Or at least Fragile is.

Lozal

Quote from: Kaz on March 13, 2009, 10:59:07 PM
I've never been able to have much more than a slight interest in them. They're really not usually my kind of prog. I mean, they're not terrible like Kansas or something, but still. Yes is better than ELP if you ask me. Or at least Fragile is.
Ah, I see. They're just one of the bands in which I've had an enormous interest. It's different for everyone, I suppose.
Brain Salad Surgery, Tarkus, and Trilogy are incredible, in my book. Fragile is, as well.  :3

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lozal. on March 13, 2009, 11:09:02 PM
Ah, I see. They're just one of the bands in which I've had an enormous interest. It's different for everyone, I suppose.
Brain Salad Surgery, Tarkus, and Trilogy are incredible, in my book. Fragile is, as well.  :3

BSS is the only ELP album I've tried and it came off as "good" to me but not all that interesting. Fragile has "Cars and Brahms" and "Five Per Cent For Nothing" working against it, and some of the rest of the album sort of bores me a little bit. However, I can definitely admit that the first couple minutes of "Heart of the Sunrise" are pure prog greatness. "Roundabout" is of course a classic as well and "The Fish" is interesting, though maybe a bit lacking.

Samus Aran

btw i also forgot to mention Jethro Tull, and they're better than both Yes and ELP as well baddood;

Lozal

Quote from: Kaz on March 13, 2009, 11:14:15 PM
BSS is the only ELP album I've tried and it came off as "good" to me but not all that interesting. Fragile has "Cars and Brahms" and "Five Per Cent For Nothing" working against it, and some of the rest of the album sort of bores me a little bit. However, I can definitely admit that the first couple minutes of "Heart of the Sunrise" are pure prog greatness. "Roundabout" is of course a classic as well and "The Fish" is interesting, though maybe a bit lacking.
Hmm. Try giving Tarkus a try. You might like it; I don't know.

Yeah, those are the downsides of Fragile. I agree with you on your song selections. I also like "South Side Of The Sky".
Quote from: Kaz on March 13, 2009, 11:15:10 PM
btw i also forgot to mention Jethro Tull, and they're better than both Yes and ELP as well baddood;
I haven't listened to enough Jethro Tull to give a fair opinion about them.  saddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lozal. on March 13, 2009, 11:22:20 PM
I haven't listened to enough Jethro Tull to give a fair opinion about them.  saddood;

Just get all of Aqualung to start, and if you like that, get Thick as a Brick.

Lozal

Quote from: Kaz on March 13, 2009, 11:24:23 PM
Just get all of Aqualung to start, and if you like that, get Thick as a Brick.
Will do.

Thanks.

Houdini

Det in F♯ Major

well my dad has a looooooooot of stuff we mentioned in this thread

and has like five or six CDs of emerson, lake, and palmer, so they must be good then i guess  bassir;
and he has queen, journey, led zep, genesis, jethro tull (luls), the beatles, etc., so im happy about that. :]
i just have to make sure he doesn't notice im borrowing these or im dead meat. :X
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Samus Aran

Hiro

this feels.... weird.

I don't know why, but it does.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on March 17, 2009, 06:50:55 PM
well my dad has a looooooooot of stuff we mentioned in this thread

and has like five or six CDs of emerson, lake, and palmer, so they must be good then i guess  bassir;
and he has queen, journey, led zep, genesis, jethro tull (luls), the beatles, etc., so im happy about that. :]
i just have to make sure he doesn't notice im borrowing these or im dead meat. :X
You can't just ask him if you can listen to them? doodhuh;

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: steal on March 17, 2009, 09:27:01 PM
if he doesn't have pink floyd he's a cock sucking faggot

no he does, i just forgot to put that down  giggle;
i imported 'meddle' and 'dark side of the moon' last night, and he has another CD of them too; its a live recording

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on March 18, 2009, 01:36:04 AM
You can't just ask him if you can listen to them? doodhuh;

oh god no, i have a hotblooded full italian father  akudood;
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Go Up