September 17, 2024, 12:57:47 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Another thread about animu because I'm a NERD

Started by Samus Aran, March 09, 2009, 02:29:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on March 11, 2009, 06:06:39 PM
Have you seen the English dub?

Everyone has a funny accent. Except for Alucard.

Seriously, the Germans have accents funny enough that it's hard to take them seriously.

I watched it all in dubs, yes, because even though I disliked some of the voices at first I came to consider them "normal" enough that it was hard to change to a subbed version. I think the only voice actor I never liked much in the series was Seras Victoria's, but she seems better in the OVAs.

And I actually like those German accents. They're kind of funny, yeah, but they're also quite authentic. And as for the voices themselves, not frightening enough maybe, but insane enough.

Also, I fucking love Alexander Anderson. He's such a cool character and his voice actor is top-notch.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kaz on March 11, 2009, 06:25:36 PM
Also, I fucking love Alexander Anderson. He's such a cool character and his voice actor is top-notch.
I laughed when I first heard his voice because I never imagined him with an Irish accent before. n_u

Also, the crazy bitch with the musket is my favorite of the German voice actors.

Sam

about to start watching Soul Eater, putting first 6 episodes on Gandalf now.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Samus Aran

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on March 11, 2009, 06:35:18 PM
I laughed when I first heard his voice because I never imagined him with an Irish accent before. n_u

Also, the crazy bitch with the musket is my favorite of the German voice actors.

I think his Irish accent is very fitting since he's a rabid Catholic. n_u

And yeah Rip Van Winkle was cool but she was pretty stupid to think that Alucard wouldn't come to kill her and it kind of annoyed me when she just suddenly started becoming all scared out of her mind.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kaz on March 11, 2009, 06:38:12 PM
I think his Irish accent is very fitting since he's a rabid Catholic. n_u

And yeah Rip Van Winkle was cool but she was pretty stupid to think that Alucard wouldn't come to kill her and it kind of annoyed me when she just suddenly started becoming all scared out of her mind.
Yeah, but I thought the music was so awesome that I just didn't mind it at all. n_u

Also, I can't find the fifth OVA in English. :[

Samus Aran

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on March 11, 2009, 07:00:50 PM
Yeah, but I thought the music was so awesome that I just didn't mind it at all. n_u

Also, I can't find the fifth OVA in English. :[

Neither can I. I can only find it raw and in Spanish subs for some weird reason.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kaz on March 11, 2009, 07:09:16 PM
Neither can I. I can only find it raw and in Spanish subs for some weird reason.
I found it in Japanese and English subs, but I hate changing languages in the middle of something. :[

Placebo Headwound

I know this thread is about animu, but I just finished the Hellsing manga.

Quite good. No idea why it took them 11 years to release 11 volumes, tho.

Also, holy shit apparently Alucard has killed about 3.5 million people. doodhuh;

6M69I69B9

Paranoia Agent...better than any Anime I've ever watched.

But...if that was an illusion...then I'm to confused as to how the big guy in the 2nd Episode faked his attack, the prostitute, the woman who had no home and had a pedofile as a father, the guy with the bat's suicide, and some others, but I can't think at the moment...
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

Quote from: Original_MIB on March 13, 2009, 02:53:38 PM
Paranoia Agent...better than any Anime I've ever watched.

But...if that was an illusion...then I'm to confused as to how the big guy in the 2nd Episode faked his attack, the prostitute, the woman who had no home and had a pedofile as a father, the guy with the bat's suicide, and some others, but I can't think at the moment...

Uh, the series isn't meant to be taken literally. The whole series is meant to make a point. That point is that some people incorrectly look for a way out of their problems (which is Lil' Slugger), and how any phenomenon created by stress can be rapidly blown up by mass media and other factors. The anime reminds us that our worst lies can swallow us and that everyone can be caught in the crossfire. And, when we keep building on each other's lies and problems, they form something so terrible that only one thing can stop them: the truth.

Lil' Slugger was created as a way out when the original Maromi was killed. Lil' Slugger quickly became a way out for everyone who couldn't deal with their problems, and the lies mounted. Combined with the psychological "shield" of the false Maromi doll, Lil' Slugger formed the giant black mass at the end of the series, which only dissipated once the truth about Lil' Slugger was revealed, and suddenly everyone lost their quick way out.

So in other words, all those things really did happen. Lil' Slugger did attack them. But this is not a literal anime.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Kaz on March 13, 2009, 03:22:20 PM
Uh, the series isn't meant to be taken literally. The whole series is meant to make a point. That point is that some people incorrectly look for a way out of their problems (which is Lil' Slugger), and how any phenomenon created by stress can be rapidly blown up by mass media and other factors. The anime reminds us that our worst lies can swallow us and that everyone can be caught in the crossfire. And, when we keep building on each other's lies and problems, they form something so terrible that only one thing can stop them: the truth.

Lil' Slugger was created as a way out when the original Maromi was killed. Lil' Slugger quickly became a way out for everyone who couldn't deal with their problems, and the lies mounted. Combined with the psychological "shield" of the false Maromi doll, Lil' Slugger formed the giant black mass at the end of the series, which only dissipated once the truth about Lil' Slugger was revealed, and suddenly everyone lost their quick way out.

So in other words, all those things really did happen. Lil' Slugger did attack them. But this is not a literal anime.
I thought it would be a literal anime. Anyway, I wonder just how many stuffed animals are based off of deaths of animals, or just memories that are just so harsh of them, it's kind of sick. Makes me think that I was playing with a dead dog in a costume when I was a kid. It's like when you finally realize that your stuffed animal, was really just pieces of cotton in an attempt to make it look like an animal.

Also, the giant black mass didn't dissipate when the truth of Lil' Slugger was revealed, but when Tsukiko Sagi actually accepted that it was her mistake, not some lie that she made. That, was when it finally dissipated. This is just my view, but your's is acceptable, too.

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Ezloﺕ

:)

Placebo Headwound

Samus Aran

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kaz on March 18, 2009, 03:06:05 AM
did you enjoy it baddood;
No, the thumbs up meant I thought it was a piece of shit.

[spoiler]I'm sorry Kaz for being mean. ;_;[/spoiler]

Go Up