July 15, 2024, 07:44:16 AM

1,531,280 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Another thread about animu because I'm a NERD

Started by Samus Aran, March 09, 2009, 02:29:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

March 09, 2009, 02:29:33 AM Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 02:35:48 AM by Kaz
So guys, been watching any animu lately? Reading any mango?

I just finished watching the first Hellsing Ultimate OVA and it was amazing. Fucking beautiful new take on the first few episodes of the main series of Hellsing, which I just finished watching last night. It's quite awesome how Ultimate reveals just a smidgeon more about what already happened while changing little unimportant things to keep it interesting. The animation is so much more gorgeous than the original too, and the whole thing is just grittier and even more sexual, what with Seras Victoria's...er...expansions and her almost-rape.

Also recently I watched Paprika, a weird anime movie by Satoshi Kon, the same guy who did Paranoia Agent and also other anime movies like The Millenium Actress. Paprika was strange and hard to grasp, but good nonetheless. Can't call it one of my favorites though.

And before that, I watched Elfen Lied. Terribly sad, terribly violent, and terribly good. My god I felt like I was almost going to cry when it was all revealed about exactly how Lucy killed Kohta's family.

Nyerp

i watched cowboy bebop like five weeks ago

i'll probably never watch anime again

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hooded Justice on March 09, 2009, 08:31:45 AM
i watched cowboy bebop like five weeks ago

i'll probably never watch anime again

awesome

and why

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hooded Justice on March 09, 2009, 01:17:35 PM
cuz anime sux

lol that's funny

Though I can certainly admit that most animes do indeed suck, there's quite a few that are almost as good as Cowboy Bebop.

KonohaShinobi

The Hellsing OVAs are soo god damn awesome. I watched the original series first and I always felt it was missing something. Then I watched the OVAs...GODLY. Alucard's first encounter with that one priest guy is sooo much more awesome in the OVA than in the series, he is a lot creepier.

I watched Elfen Lied a while back, it was pretty good. I did not feel much attachment to Lucy until the backstory episodes and I nearly cried too. and then at the end...:'(

I began watching Casshern Sins, it's really depressing but also really good. You fall in love with every character even the minor ones due to the work put into their personalities and just how twisted the alternate universe the anime is set in is. 

Started watching Texhnolyze, the first episode was not so good for me, probably because I was browsing the internet at the same time, so I will start it again as soon as I can because the premise seems good and from what I am told it gets alot better.

Finished season one of Gundam 00, fuck yes, it was SO GOOD. better than 08th Team! alright that's pushing it a little, but it was good. The Louise side story felt needless at first but then something happened to his girlfriend and I totally felt the pain of war. Then there are the gundam meisters whose stories are really good and each one feels different. I will start season 2 as soon as possible but I have been caught up with other things. You really have to watch it.

strongbad

I just watched the first two episodes of FLCL for the first time like an hour ago

...what the fuck

6M69I69B9

This may sound a bit "intoxicating" to others for some reason, but I don't see why. Also, Thank you so much for reminding me about Paranoia Agent. I really enjoyed it when it used to be on Adult Swim.

I've been reading the Naruto manga. The last anime I watched was Deathnote.

I really want to watch:

Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bepop
Paranoia Agent

But, I'm just too lazy. Also, the first two have good background music. I've only watched them on [Adult Swim], but never really got to see the episodes in order.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

Quote from: David on March 09, 2009, 05:06:54 PM
I just watched the first two episodes of FLCL for the first time like an hour ago

...what the fuck

Don't think too hard about it. Haruko is looking for Atomsk, the pirate king, who was captured by Medical Mechanica, who wants to essentially turn everyone into mindless zombies and thus rule the universe. She comes to Naota because his head has enough N.O. that she can pull things out of it to use in defeating Medical Mechanica and thus find Atomsk at the same time.

However, the hidden plot is simply this: Naota, through the course of the plot, is slowly realizing that he wasn't as grown up as he thought he was. The whole anime is really simply about Naota growing up.

strongbad

Quote from: Kaz on March 09, 2009, 06:44:05 PM
Don't think too hard about it. Haruko is looking for Atomsk, the pirate king, who was captured by Medical Mechanica, who wants to essentially turn everyone into mindless zombies and thus rule the universe. She comes to Naota because his head has enough N.O. that she can pull things out of it to use in defeating Medical Mechanica and thus find Atomsk at the same time.

However, the hidden plot is simply this: Naota, through the course of the plot, is slowly realizing that he wasn't as grown up as he thought he was. The whole anime is really simply about Naota growing up.

Ok I'm on episode 4 and I had no idea about any of the first part.
The hidden plot, however, was fairly obvious imo.

Samus Aran

Quote from: David on March 09, 2009, 06:52:08 PM
Ok I'm on episode 4 and I had no idea about any of the first part.
The hidden plot, however, was fairly obvious imo.

The main plot I outlined in the first paragraph is mostly explained in episodes 4, 5, and 6.

6M69I69B9

Oh man, I really appreciate for your reminding me about 'Paranoia Agent'. The opening is just so good. I always sung it in my head, but I never really remembered where it came from.

In return, if you want to know. The song in Dolphin Dash, is by Masato Nagai, and it's called 'Wild Drive'. Took me forever to find out what the song was when I first heard it.       

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Original_MIB on March 09, 2009, 06:06:14 PM
This may sound a bit "intoxicating" to others for some reason, but I don't see why. Also, Thank you so much for reminding me about Paranoia Agent. I really enjoyed it when it used to be on Adult Swim.

I've been reading the Naruto manga. The last anime I watched was Deathnote.

I really want to watch:

Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bepop
Paranoia Agent

But, I'm just too lazy. Also, the first two have good background music. I've only watched them on [Adult Swim], but never really got to see the episodes in order.

Death Note, Naruto, have not watched Cowboy Bebop, champloo, nor Paranoia Agent? fucking casuals.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on March 10, 2009, 11:52:35 AM
Death Note, Naruto, have not watched Cowboy Bebop, champloo, nor Paranoia Agent? fucking casuals.
konoha shinobi lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on March 10, 2009, 11:52:35 AM
fucking casuals.

oh god lol

I consider myself a casual considering I only watch maybe a couple episodes of an anime a month except when I discover new great series.

Go Up