September 19, 2024, 11:53:51 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Another thread about animu because I'm a NERD

Started by Samus Aran, March 09, 2009, 02:29:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

CutLess

Fuck, I actually need to finish Samurai Champloo at some point.

Oh yeah, I haven't been watching any anime lately.  I'll probably catch up on some of the cooler One Piece episodes, but otherwise, I'm probably not going to do anything about my lack of anime.

Also, with me being the casual that I am, I've only been reading 3 manga:

Bleach (which is crap [why do i read this why why why])
Naruto (which is like a slightly worse version of xkcd in terms of quality)
One Piece (pretty cool)

so um ya

Daddy

CutLess

Quote from: Raekewn on March 10, 2009, 05:39:26 PM
xkcd doesn't suck

It has sucked lately.  I personally think it started getting bad when Randall realized he controlled a good part of the internet (I'm referring to the whole YouTube text-to-speech thing).  Then, after the Election comic, I think things just became a lot more evident.  I know it's a lot more about opinion, but I really think that the earlier xkcd -- where Randall would comment on the nerdy, yet cool issues -- is a lot better than the current xkcd --where he comments on the popular issues.  It's kind of like a transition from old school Outsider to /r9k/ - from awesome playfulness to "at times funny, but mostly too serious."  Well, maybe not that, but I don't know...I think it's just that with early xkcd, Randall just made comics for shits and giggles.  While they may have been regularly showcased, it was all for good fun.  Now, it's more like, "I have to make this sort of joke because now it's really popular, and people will know what I'm talking about."

In conclusion, I could go on and on about why I don't like it. :|

strongbad

Samus Aran

Quote from: David on March 10, 2009, 08:47:00 PM
Pokemon is pretty cook

It's really not and it never has been, looking back on it.

strongbad

Quote from: Kaz on March 10, 2009, 08:50:06 PM
It's really not and it never has been, looking back on it.

Nostalgia makes it cool

Himu

I've watched Elfen Lied.  I actually did cry when Lucy's doggy... wry
I've watched like one episode of FLCL.
Oh and I used to love Sailor Moon, but that was when I was younger.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Cyanide on March 10, 2009, 09:28:08 PM
I've watched Elfen Lied.  I actually did cry when Lucy's doggy... wry

It reminds me of something I heard once, that children are the cruelest of beings on this planet. It's sad that there are actually children with absolutely no inhibitions when it comes to killing anything that's smaller than them.

Hiro

FLCL is my life. I want to watch a few more, but I can't really torrent them, nor do i have the money to buy them. I need to watch Evangelion, Cowboy Beebop, more or Paranoia Agent, and Idk maybe a few others. Any suggestions? And no weaboo shit baddood;

strongbad

Placebo Headwound

March 11, 2009, 01:59:55 PM #25 Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 02:08:22 PM by Placebo Headwound
I started watching the Hellsing OVA's again because Kaz made me want to watch them.

DOES ANYONE ELSE WONDER WHY ALUCARD'S HAIR LENGTH JUST RANDOMLY CHANGES BETWEEN SHOTS SOMETIMES? I MEAN, I KNOW HE'S ABLE TO TAKE ANY FORM HE WANTS BUT HE JUST HAD SHORT HAIR A SECOND AGO.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on March 11, 2009, 01:59:55 PM
I started watching the Hellsing OVA's again because Kaz made me want to watch them.

DOES ANYONE ELSE WONDER WHY ALUCARD'S HAIR LENGTH JUST RANDOMLY CHANGES BETWEEN SHOTS SOMETIMES? I MEAN, I KNOW HE'S ABLE TO TAKE ANY FORM HE WANTS BUT HE JUST HAD SHORT HAIR A SECOND AGO.

Yeah I'm not sure, I've noticed that. He generally always has long hair when he lowers some of his "art restrictions", but sometimes he has long hair even when he's just casually sitting around.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kaz on March 11, 2009, 05:21:54 PM
Yeah I'm not sure, I've noticed that. He generally always has long hair when he lowers some of his "art restrictions", but sometimes he has long hair even when he's just casually sitting around.
I remember him taking off his hat and all of a sudden his hair grew 10x in the next shot. doodhuh;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on March 11, 2009, 05:43:20 PM
I remember him taking off his hat and all of a sudden his hair grew 10x in the next shot. doodhuh;

I think he just does it to be cool. baddood;

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kaz on March 11, 2009, 05:56:55 PM
I think he just does it to be cool. baddood;
Have you seen the English dub?

Everyone has a funny accent. Except for Alucard.

Seriously, the Germans have accents funny enough that it's hard to take them seriously.

Go Up