July 07, 2024, 06:49:42 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Academy Awards

Started by Hiro, February 22, 2009, 10:09:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

ZOMG HEATH LEDGER/SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE WON

sans culottes

I predicted Slumdog to get best picture, if not Benjamin Button, and wasn't surprised at all the other awards. I bet Dark Knight fanboys are still bitching and whining that it didn't get nominated for best picture.
I support BUSH

Geno

Quote from: coz on February 23, 2009, 06:08:20 AM
I predicted Slumdog to get best picture, if not Benjamin Button, and wasn't surprised at all the other awards. I bet Dark Knight fanboys are still bitching and whining that it didn't get nominated for best picture.
The thing is: Why wouldn't it be nominated for best picture when it was without a doubt the best picture of 2008
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

KonohaShinobi

Who didn't know heath would win? His father, mother, and sister were there for christ's sake. The Academy would be completely heartless and cold to not give it to him. Not to mention he kind of deserved it, his portrayal of the Joker was amazing.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Geno on February 23, 2009, 12:39:35 PM
The thing is: Why wouldn't it be nominated for best picture when it was without a doubt the best picture of 2008
It wasn't that great... Probably should have been at least nominated though

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: YPR on February 23, 2009, 12:55:30 PM
It wasn't that great... Probably should have been at least nominated though
Over The Reader, yes.

Otherwise, every movie that was nominated was better than TDK.

The artist formally known

I watched The Dark Knight over again. If Heath Ledger wasn't in the movie it would be mediocre at best. It doesn't deserve much besides what Heath did for it. Sorry guys.

Skylark

the book of right on

Andrew1911

Quote from: Geno on February 23, 2009, 12:39:35 PM

dear god get raped

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on February 23, 2009, 01:31:26 PM
I watched The Dark Knight over again. If Heath Ledger wasn't in the movie it would be mediocre at best. It doesn't deserve much besides what Heath did for it. Sorry guys.

I really agree with this. Heath steals the show so strongly it's ridiculous. And it was most certainly not the best film of 2008.

russell

Agreed, The Dark Knight isn't even close to best film. Probably not even top 10... and I'm even having second thoughts about Heath Ledger's acting, which, after watching The Silence of The Lambs for the first time in years, I've realized is a carbon copy of Anthony Hopkins's character with a bit of Joker personality thrown in.

Andrew1911

Quote from: wziard on February 23, 2009, 10:11:25 PM
I've realized is a carbon copy of Anthony Hopkins's character with a bit of Joker personality thrown in.

what? no

not even remotely close

seriously, what the fuck

sans culottes

I've always seen his Joker as being more like an exaggerated Scorpio (Dirty Harry).

The Dark Knight is a lot of people's favorite film of the year, but that doesn't equal best film.
I support BUSH

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I need to watch Milk so I can judge if Sean Penn deserved that award.

Andrew1911

Quote from: coz on February 24, 2009, 05:55:46 AM
I've always seen his Joker as being more like an exaggerated Scorpio (Dirty Harry).

what the fuck are you people even watching

Go Up