October 06, 2024, 12:20:25 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Worst video game music EVER

Started by ncba93ivyase, January 25, 2009, 06:07:50 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

So I finally decided to try Lumines II after having it sit on my shelf for nearly a year. Everyone says it's a lot of fun and the music is really good, so I'm like "hey, this could be pretty cool."

I pop it in and notice immediately the gameplay is rather... dull, even by puzzle game standards. Most of the music is just really shitty voice clips repeated over some cheesy garageband loops, and then eventually the music by the "featured artists" starts. It's some guy vomiting into a microphone, trying to gargle the words "momma don't go round the woorrrrlllldddd" or some shit, and I'm like 'omg goonish' and just flip it off. I have to play through that shit again if I ever hope to listen to anything half decent, and I'm just not going to suffer through it again.

WHAT GAMES HAVE MUSIC THAT JUST COMPLETELY RUINS THE EXPERIENCE?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Cookie

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, that music sucked so much ass. Of course so did the game....

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: The Cookie Monster on January 25, 2009, 09:20:12 AM
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, that music sucked so much ass. Of course so did the game....
Sonic Adventure also had terrible music.

Hell, all Sonic games after Knuckles had awful music, but the games were awful too.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hiro

CAN'T HOOOOOLD ON MUCH LONGER, I WILL NEVER LET GO! I KNOW IT'S A ONE-WAY TRACK, DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THIS WILL LAST! I'M NOT GONNA FEEL THIS WAY, NOR WILL I COUNT ON OTHERS! CLOSE MY EYES I CAN FEEL THE BURN, NOW I SEE WHAT I'VE GOTTA DO! OPEN YOUR HEART, IT'S GONNA BE ALRIIIIIIGHT!

Hiro

Born on an island in the heavens, the blood of my ancestors floats inside me! My duty is to save the flower from evil deterioration!

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 25, 2009, 09:35:13 AM
Sonic Adventure also had terrible music.

Hell, all Sonic games after Knuckles had awful music, but the games were awful too.
they werent bad they just werent good

i actually liked SA2's soundtrack

fly into freedom <3

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Live and Learn on brawl.

just a horrible song that my friend uses on EVERY FUCKING ONE OF HIS CUSTOM STAGES

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Charper on January 27, 2009, 06:35:30 AM
Live and Learn on brawl.

just a horrible song that my friend uses on EVERY FUCKING ONE OF HIS CUSTOM STAGES
oh god why did i look that up on jewtube

It's worse than Sonic Adventure's music.

Kalahari Inkantation

me003

Quote from: The Cookie Monster on January 25, 2009, 09:20:12 AM
WRONG wariodood;
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Cookie

Nyerp

Himu

Quote from: holky shit on January 26, 2009, 04:19:05 PM
they werent bad they just werent good

i actually liked SA2's soundtrack

fly into freedom <3
I loved Fly in the Freedom too. giggle;

Although I hated everything else. >:\

There was this one song on Street Fighter III that I hated, but I can't remember what it was.

bluaki

I think most of Sonic Adventure 1&2's music is actually pretty fine. The Knuckles music in SA2 could have been without, but it's pretty quiet compared to the SFX on his stages so it's not annoying.
The only song in the entire Sonic series that has annoyed me is the Werehog's Theme in Sonic Unleashed. It's noticeably the worst song in the entire song test, and on top of that, it makes up about a third to half of all the gameplay in the game (played during all combat time on every werehog stage). And yes, I have played Sonic R and its songs don't annoy me either.
Brawl has a number of particularly bad songs in my opinion, but plenty of good ones. Mona Pizza being among the ones I dislike.

Go Up