October 06, 2024, 12:28:27 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo's online sucks balls

Started by Daddy, January 07, 2009, 10:17:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

http://techforums.nintendo.com/nins/board/message?board.id=gamehelp_ssbb&thread.id=6570

Described in that thread.

It's their second best selling online game for the console and I can't even play a motherfucking match.  doodthing;

also if they delete my latest post in that thread:
[spoiler]
QuoteI tried every option.

And it is their fault. It's their second best selling online title for the console there's no way you can tell me that the problem is the users who all have crappy connections. Playing Guitar Hero works fine, but then again Nintendo didn't design that, and thus couldn't screw up its online other than plaguing it with a lack of downloadable songs, friend codes, and no communication because, you know, everyone on the internet is a pedophile and parents shouldn't have to do their job of making sure their kid isn't meeting up with 40 year old men to play doctor. 
I had to stop playing my DS online because 90% of my matches couldn't even be finished. I'd end up playing Metroid, where 2/3 of the times I was winning, the other person would decide to drop out. Half the 1/3 that people were staying they starting abusing glitches. Where is the fun when all but about 1 out of 6 matches are actually fair where the person isn't abusing the flawed online system?  The same with MKDS.  People would constantly drop out of matches, ruining that fun.
Then I moved on to Super Mario Strikers. That was actually a bit fine, other than Nintendo's penchant extreme latency. Unfortunately it didn't last long and immature brats had to ruin that fun by dropping prematurely from matches.
You'd think Nintendo would at least try to look like they're trying to make their online multiplayer not suck, but they're not.
[/spoiler]

Hiro

Yeah that's pretty true. I have wifi at my house, yet my Wii almost never connects so I've never really played any Wii online.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Hiro on January 07, 2009, 10:33:57 PM
Yeah that's pretty true. I have wifi at my house, yet my Wii almost never connects so I've never really played any Wii online.

that's weird, Linksys is always working on my Wii. I almost never play any games online because it's not that fun, besides random battles in MKWii.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I play Mario Kart DS online at Taco Bell it worked fine.

Classic

I've never had any trouble with getting online.
I've also never had any trouble (besides Brawl, but it sucked) during online play.

Nyerp

my wii is fucking messed up and sucks

Oh

Which is why I stopped playing it. I love my PS3.  giggle;

Feynman

Quote from: Sackrawl on January 08, 2009, 02:27:35 PM
Which is why I stopped playing it. I love my PS3.  giggle;

not for gaming right because it sucks for gaming

But Blu ray? Whoosh, it's beautiful.

Hermione Granger

Edited to remove innappropriate content LOL

Daddy

Quote from: Hermione Granger on January 08, 2009, 03:47:30 PM
Edited to remove innappropriate content LOL
I said "Jesus Christ" which apparently bad.  baddood;

Hermione Granger

Quote from: Proletarian Guerilla on January 08, 2009, 03:48:23 PM
I said "Jesus Christ" which apparently bad.  baddood;
u obviously did nut read the rules about religion god I mean buddddha

Oh

Quote from: Bassir on January 08, 2009, 02:48:25 PM
not for gaming right because it sucks for gaming

But Blu ray? Whoosh, it's beautiful.
Better than what the Wii has to offer.

Wrench

Quote from: Tyler on January 08, 2009, 09:38:28 AM
I've never had any trouble with getting online.
I've also never had any trouble (besides Brawl, but it sucked) during online play.

Same here. I fucking hate friend codes though.

THANKS NINTENDO FROM PREVENTING ME FROM BEING RAPED

strongbad

I still fail to see why Nintendo needs friend codes.
Look at XBL. You see tons of kids younger than 11 on there, and I haven't heard of any huge story about people raping children or anything.

It's stupid. If Brawl didn't have friend codes, and had actual lobbies with guest play and stuff like that, I would probably play it more than never.

Tomboh

the bigger question to ask here is "why should nintendo care?"

theyre making a shit load of money now without investing much in the online aspect of games. honestly, the audience nintendo is trying to appeal to now isnt the biggest users of online. theyre really just putting enough online feature into the game to call it an "online" game.

Go Up