October 03, 2024, 09:37:06 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Old animated Disney movies

Started by Samus Aran, December 10, 2008, 05:11:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

December 10, 2008, 05:11:55 PM Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 05:18:29 PM by Kazmopolitan
Remember when Disney used to do traditionally animated movies? I think the last one they did was "Home on the Range" (which SUCKED) or maybe "Brother Bear" (which DIDN'T SUCK).

For some reason I have an incredible memory for these old movies. I remember most of the songs from all the Disney movies I used to own. My favorite movies were "The Rescuers," "Peter Pan," "The Great Mouse Detective," "Fox and the Hound," "Robin Hood," "The Lion King," and "Aladdin."

And boy did they start getting worse and worse when the mid-90s rolled around. After "Hunchback" (or even possibly started by it...i never liked it that much), it all started going to shit. There were a couple gems here and there, like "Lilo and Stitch" and "Brother Bear," but most were bad.

Anyway, what are your favorite traditionally animated (not computer animated...sorry Toy Story) Disney movies? Doesn't matter if you don't watch them anymore...just remember the ones you watched the most when you were a kid.

hocuspocus; <-- SHOULD HAVE A MICKEY FANTASIA EQUIVALENT

YPrrrr

Pochahantas
The Fox and the Hound (saddest movie I've seen)
Lilo & Stitch
Aladdin
The Great Mouse Detective
The Rescuers (both)
Mulan (pretty recent too and I liked it a lot)
Hercules
Peter Pan
Lady and the Tramp
101 Dalmations
The Sword in the Stone (awesome)
The Jungle Book
The Brave Little Toaster (only saw it once, but I loved it)
The Lion King
Emperor's New Groove

I loved me some Disney as a kid cjlubdoods;

Samus Aran

dear lord how did i forget the lion king

The artist formally known

Not Disney but it's awesome.

FernGully: The Last Rainforest

Det in F♯ Major

Best time of my childhood was the Disney Renaissance. It's what I really miss the most and makes me never want to grow up.

The Lion King is my all-time FAVORITE Disney movie. I used to watch it everyday when I came home from preschool. :'(
I know all the words to every song.

Fantasia... Oh gosh, I still love this movie to fucking pieces.  giggle;

I love all of them.
Cinderella, 101 Dalmations, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White all scared me as a little kid because of the villians.  :(
I can watch them now, but I refused to for like 12 years, lawl.

Also Hunchback was fucking amazing, simply put. You cannot beat whoever voiced Quasimodo, his voice is a voice from God. baddood;

Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

YPrrrr

Quote from: Draco Malfoy on December 10, 2008, 05:38:56 PM
Best time of my childhood was the Disney Renaissance. It's what I really miss the most and makes me never want to grow up.

The Lion King is my all-time FAVORITE Disney movie. I used to watch it everyday when I came home from preschool. :'(
I know all the words to every song.

Fantasia... Oh gosh, I still love this movie to fucking pieces.  giggle;

I love all of them.
Cinderella, 101 Dalmations, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White all scared me as a little kid because of the villians.  :(
I can watch them now, but I refused to for like 12 years, lawl.

Also Hunchback was fucking amazing, simply put. You cannot beat whoever voiced Quasimodo, his voice is a voice from God. baddood;

voiced by Tom Hulce

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: YPR on December 10, 2008, 05:43:41 PM
voiced by Tom Hulce

Outstanding vibrato. Outstanding. Ugh, I melt everytime I listen to it. wub;
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Pyrate

I used to fap to Pocahontas. I had Pocahontas bed sheets, but I think I crapped the bed and we had to throw them out. I also liked:

The Lion King
One Hundred and One Dalmations
The Fox and the Hound
Oliver and Company
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hercules
Cinderella
THE BRAVE LITTLE FUCKING TOASTER

Selkie

December 10, 2008, 07:42:42 PM #8 Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:55:40 PM by Selkie224
The Lion King, naturally

I also have a tender personal closeness to Fox and the Hound. That movie touched my heart or something as a kid.

Aladdin is great

Beauty and the beast

Oh yeah, and it's not Disney, but it's probably my favorite animated movie of all time, Little Nemo. God that movie is beautiful.

AND the Secret of Nimh and Brave Little Toaser

And OH MY FUCKING GOD Once Upon A Forest. Please tell me someone remembers this...
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Skylark

Quote from: reefer on December 10, 2008, 05:27:44 PM
Not Disney but it's awesome.

FernGully: The Last Rainforest

aw yes and to name another awesome, animated (nondisney) children's film... THE LAST UNICORN
fox and the hound
the book of right on

strongbad

Geno

December 10, 2008, 08:50:34 PM #11 Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 10:39:11 PM by Geno
Quote from: David on December 10, 2008, 08:07:46 PM
The Rescuers were so badass.

Only because it had boobies in it
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Hiro

ALADDIN IS 2ND ONLY TO WALL-E, LION KING NEXT. Goofy Movie yes;

Pyrate

Oh yeah, another non-Disney movie I liked was Anastasia.

lol anyone else remember that weird shit

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on December 10, 2008, 05:11:55 PM
"Robin Hood"
YES

Quote from: YPR on December 10, 2008, 05:17:43 PM
The Sword in the Stone (awesome)
YES

I think I still have both of those on VHS back home.  Too bad I don't have a VCR. :(

Go Up