July 04, 2024, 01:46:00 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Woflmother

Started by Hiro, September 18, 2008, 11:06:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

September 18, 2008, 11:06:35 PM Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:08:18 PM by Hiro
So, any Wolfmother fans in the house? They're quite bitchin', if I may say so myself. bassir;

Samus Aran

I don't hate them, but I'm not really fond of them. It kind of annoys me when people say they sound just like Led Zeppelin. But I haven't heard anyone say that for a while, now that I think of it...mostly just when they were "new."

Hiro

They seem a little more Black Sabbath-influenced to me.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on September 18, 2008, 11:20:02 PM
They seem a little more Black Sabbath-influenced to me.

I think what people were trying to get at is that their vocalist sounds like Robert Plant, of Led Zeppelin.

Hiro

Houdini

They're alright, but I'd rather listen to the stuff they copy. Black Sabbath is some pretty awesome shit.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on September 19, 2008, 04:04:51 PM
They're alright, but I'd rather listen to the stuff they copy. Black Sabbath is some pretty awesome shit.

You know, for all the "classic rock" bands I like, I was for some reason never really able to get into Black Sabbath very much. They kinda bore me.

Houdini

Quote from: Kaz on September 19, 2008, 04:20:34 PM
You know, for all the "classic rock" bands I like, I was for some reason never really able to get into Black Sabbath very much. They kinda bore me.
That's probably because they don't fit in with most other "classic rock" bands of the era. To appreciate Black Sabbath you have to be a little more into the metal end of the spectrum. It also helps to know that their lyrics are actually poignant insight into human suffering.

sans culottes

I like Wolfmother. I haven't listened to them for awhile, because I've already worn out their only album. They really need to make a second one already.

I don't know whye veryone thinks they're complete thiefs or something. People say they're a Zeppelin clone, which I laugh at. Andrew Stockdale sounds kinda like Robert Plant and they have a classic metal sound, but the psychadelic and stoner elements strongly seperate them from Zeppelin. They do sound a lot like Black Sabbath at times, though.

Wolfmother's not copying people's work, as a lot of people say. They have a slight weakness in sounding like a mash up between their favorite bands, which throws people off.
I support BUSH

sans culottes

Quote from: steal on September 21, 2008, 11:52:42 PM
some wise words from mike patton regarding wolfmother. because he says it better than i ever could:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKDvJTxZDbA

i love mike patton

"I'm doing a record of sixties Italian music"
"What year are we in?"

Hm, Mike Patton, maybe you should ask that question to yourself.
I support BUSH

Go Up