First song you heard from some of your current favorite bands/artists

Started by LCK, September 14, 2008, 01:39:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Ok Computer > amnesiac > in rainbows > kid a (only by a little) > the bends. I don't have the other two

Samus Aran

Kid A > OK Computer

...I don't have any other albums by them yet. :'(

C.Mongler

I think I accidentally made this a Radiohead thread

anyway uh the first Joy Division song I heard was Love Will Tear Us Apart and I thought they were boring but now I like Joy Division  caterpie;

Hiro

Yeah me too with them. But they're still boring, but i kinda like them a little

Skylark

Quote from: Hiro on September 14, 2008, 11:09:42 PM
Yeah me too with them. But they're still boring, but i kinda like them a little

I'm so surprised that you have even listened to Joy Division. Oh, Ian Curtis <3 so not boring to me

first Joy Division song was also "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and I thought they were fantastic.
the book of right on

C.Mongler

Quote from: skylark on September 14, 2008, 11:14:03 PM
I'm so surprised that you have even listened to Joy Division. Oh, Ian Curtis <3 so not boring to me

first Joy Division song was also "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and I thought they were fantastic.

well the first time i listened was right after listening to some generic twee pop so i wasnt expecting that

but one day when i was depressed it hit the spot

Hiro

Okay? love will tear us apart is good, but the few songs i have are just so damn repetitive

Skylark

Quote from: C Mongler on September 14, 2008, 11:22:44 PM
well the first time i listened was right after listening to some generic twee pop so i wasnt expecting that

but one day when i was depressed it hit the spot

Hha I could imagine that Joy Division after twee pop would be a bit hard to appreciate because of how big a sudden change that is.
When I first listened to Joy Division it was when I was pretty much only listening to artists like The Cure, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Smiths so it fit in quite well. I really like Joy Division.

Quote from: Hiro on September 14, 2008, 11:23:24 PM
Okay? love will tear us apart is good, but the few songs i have are just so damn repetitive

Oh you, there you go again <33 living up to yourself what a sweetie
the book of right on

Hiro

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

The first song I heard from Depeche Mode was Precious. Then that grew into a obsession...

The first song I heard Talking Heads was Once in a Lifetime.

Wrench

Green Day - When I Come Around
Linkin Park - Numb
Rise Against - Ready to Fall
Foxboro Hot Tubs - Stop Drop and Roll!!!
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Michael Stanley Band - He Can't Love You

LCK

Quote from: Flying Circus on September 14, 2008, 09:43:59 PM
Where'd you first hear it?
driving down the highway with some friends

one guy was like, "Hey put this cd in"
ok lol

Houdini

Quote from: Hiro on September 14, 2008, 10:34:22 PM
Ok Computer > amnesiac > in rainbows > kid a (only by a little) > the bends. I don't have the other two

I think of it more like In Rainbows = Kid A = Ok Computer > Hail to the Thief = Amnesiac = The Bends > Pablo Honey.

Quote from: C Mongler on September 14, 2008, 11:06:56 PM
I think I accidentally made this a Radiohead thread

anyway uh the first Joy Division song I heard was Love Will Tear Us Apart and I thought they were boring but now I like Joy Division  caterpie;
Same thing happened to me. At first I thought Love Will Tear Us Apart was really boring and comically overrated, but then I listened to my brother's copy of Closer and realized how good Joy Division is.

The Speaker Of Words

Arctic Monkeys- When the Sun Goes Down
Bat for Lashes- Horse and I
Interpol- Evil
The Libertines- Up The Bracket
Oasis- Wonderwall
Radiohead- Creep
Vampire Weekend- A-Punk

I get introduced to bands by their popular songs and then I dig deeper into their music.

Dullahan

Daft Punk - Around the World. I could listen to that for hours.
Pearl Jam was Jeremy. But the song never really got to me right away. I saw the music video for it and I thought it was so unique. I then found out what the music video was more about and then I started liking the song a lot more.
Yes - Close to the Edge. I'm not usually a fan of long ass songs. But this one has some catchy riffs in it that make me think of some good times.
Cypress Hill - Insane in the Brain. WHO YOU TRYIN' TO GET CRAZY WITH ESE? DON'T YOU KNOW I'M LO-CO
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell. Again, I wasn't quite into it at first. Dimebag was very good with his work. RIP, you will be missed.
AC/DC - Thunderstruck. This being the very first band I ever liked, The Razor's Edge was the first album I've ever gotten.
Sublime - What I Got. Love at first listen.
Outkast - Roses. I thought they weren't a very creative group at first. To be quite honest, I've never grown quite fond of Hey Ya, but I still like a lot of their songs
Rage Against the Machine - Know Your Enemy. At least I believe it was
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue. Never got into them until later on.

Go Up