First song you heard from some of your current favorite bands/artists

Started by LCK, September 14, 2008, 01:39:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LCK

I suppose I can add more.

The Mountain Goats -- This Year
I just started listening to them recently but I love it.

The Misfits -- Hybrid Moments
I love this shit.

The Offspring -- Pretty Fly For a White Guy    or whatever
I've been listening to the offspring for years and i love them

Dropkick Murphys -- Sunshine Highway
take another ride down sunshine highwaaay

Gravediggaz -- 1-800-Suicide
horror rap lol

C.Mongler

Radiohead - Karma Police. I was about 12 when I heard it the first time and I was like 'cool song bro.' but I didn't think much of it. I listened to it casually from time to time until about 14. About 15.5 I learned my taste in music was shitty, so I decided to start over my entire music collection and a friend recommended OK Computer, and I downlaoded it and burned it to a CD and listened to it while I did some homework. Needless to say not much shit got done, but oh god I fell in love. Karma Police is my favorite song ever now, and OK Computer is somewhere near, if not the, best albums evar (IMO lolol)

Animal Collective - Grass. It was like getting high without smoking something, sticking things up my nose or poking myself in the arm.

Hiro

Quote from: C Mongler on September 14, 2008, 09:22:50 PM
Radiohead - Karma Police. I was about 12 when I heard it the first time and I was like 'cool song bro.' but I didn't think much of it. I listened to it casually from time to time until about 14. About 15.5 I learned my taste in music was shitty, so I decided to start over my entire music collection and a friend recommended OK Computer, and I downlaoded it and burned it to a CD and listened to it while I did some homework. Needless to say not much shit got done, but oh god I fell in love. Karma Police is my favorite song ever now, and OK Computer is somewhere near, if not the, best albums evar (IMO lolol)

Animal Collective - Grass. It was like getting high without smoking something, sticking things up my nose or poking myself in the arm.
I love Radiohead too.
That and Paranoid Android are the best of OK Computer, which is the best one.
But all of their CDs are good after OK Computer.
In Rainbows is awesome
So is Amnesiac
So is Kid A
I don't have Hail to the Thief, can't find a working torrent.

Samus Aran

I like Kid A slightly more than OK Computer, but OK Computer is still an amazing album, and Karma Police is also my favorite off that album.

Steal was the one that introduced me to Radiohead by getting me to listen to "Street Spirit (Fade Out)."

C.Mongler

The Kid A vs OK Computer thing is so beaten to death lol. Me and my friend argue about it nearly everyday.

in my book Kid A is a 10/10 its just that OK Computer is 10.1/10

Hiro

Quote from: C Mongler on September 14, 2008, 09:33:26 PM
The Kid A vs OK Computer thing is so beaten to death lol. Me and my friend argue about it nearly everyday.

Yeah I think so too.
But Anmesiac is a 9.5

Samus Aran

Quote from: C Mongler on September 14, 2008, 09:33:26 PM

Yeah the difference in quality is pretty miniscule for me too.

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on September 14, 2008, 09:36:46 PM
Yeah the difference in quality is pretty miniscule for me too.
Kid A is like Ok Computer Part 2.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on September 14, 2008, 09:39:02 PM
Kid A is like Ok Computer Part 2.

Not really. They're way too different to be considered related.

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on September 14, 2008, 09:40:09 PM
Not really. They're way too different to be considered related.
Nah uh.
They're both really good, a few similar tunes, and the album art... and stuff.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Beastman on September 14, 2008, 08:00:19 PM
Dropkick Murphys -- Sunshine Highway
take another ride down sunshine highwaaay

Where'd you first hear it?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on September 14, 2008, 09:41:46 PM
Nah uh.
They're both really good, a few similar tunes, and the album art... and stuff.

They're only "similar" in that they still sound like Radiohead. The construction of the songs and the inclusion of other genres in Kid A is completely different from OK Computer and I really don't understand how you can even begin to consider them "connected." Quality and album art have nothing to do with it.

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on September 14, 2008, 09:44:33 PM
They're only "similar" in that they still sound like Radiohead. The construction of the songs and the inclusion of other genres in Kid A is completely different from OK Computer and I really don't understand how you can even begin to consider them "connected." Quality and album art have nothing to do with it.
oh okay
it's cool

C.Mongler

OK Computer is alternative Radiohead turning into cool artsy Radiohead. Its a big grab bag of the weird ambient stuff and their alternative roots, but its why I love it.

Kid A pretty much drops the whole alternative thing and its really out there, its really unique, and its really awesome.

Amnesiac takes the whole 'guys, our sound is different and weird dont you like it?' thing too far I think, in fact its my least favorite Radiohead album, even behind Pablo Honey. Thus MATH

OK Computer> Kid A> The Bends> In Rainbows> Hail to the Thief> Pablo Honey> Amnesiac

thats how i see it anyway

Go Up