October 04, 2024, 02:25:05 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

9/11 thread thingy

Started by Daddy, September 11, 2008, 06:17:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2008, 02:08:37 PM
i didn't know that the structure of the building was made with human lives

Thank you for proving my point that it's become that some care more about the buildings than the people killed.
Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2008, 02:08:37 PM
What do you expect? Everything becomes merchandise eventually. And the general population is indifferent to the deaths of people they don't know or love unless it's some shockingly large amount of people. It's unfortunate, but it's not unexpected.
I want my concentration camp playset please

Samus Aran

Quote from: Commodore Guff on September 11, 2008, 02:21:12 PM
i'm pretty sure most at least pretend to care more about the people than damaged government property

it sure seems like they care more about the towers than the people, like ypr said

but whatever i guess

Quote from: Flying Circus on September 11, 2008, 02:22:07 PM
Thank you for proving my point that it's become that some care more about the buildings than the people killed.

except I wasn't ignoring the people, just saying that i was talking about the building itself at the moment in the discussion, not the people

i'm pretty sure i care more about the people, honestly

Quote from: Flying Circus on September 11, 2008, 02:22:07 PM
I want my concentration camp playset please

The Diary of Anne Frank has been financially whored since it was published, as have anything else having to deal with Holocaust survivors.

guff

Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2008, 02:25:04 PM
it sure seems like they care more about the towers than the people, like ypr said
uh we're talking about you

Samus Aran

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I didn't realize it was 9/11 until school had a moment of silence for the victims

also, I hate how everyone in a 5  mile radius refers to it as 9-1-1.

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: ââ,,¢Â¥Betaââ,,¢Â¥ on September 11, 2008, 01:52:15 PM
I was in 7th grade and I decided, along with a group of friends, that we were going to cut school that day and head to Manhattan. We had planned to make it back for football practice after school. So we hopped on the train at a ripe 7:30 in the morning, giving us plenty of time to frolic and look for girls and cause trouble and the sort. While on the train, we were attempting to figure out what we would do first. I had about $75 on me that day, so I suggested we swing by the Virgin outlet downtown so I could pick up Jay-Z's The Blueprint and Bob Dylan's Love & Theft albums.

We get off the train and are in the store at around 8:15 and begin to browse and clown around. I remember I was two people away from the register when I spotted nearly everyone outside just... running. As if on cue, what must have been the manager of the store got on the P.A. system and announced that the north tower of the WTC had been struck by a plane. I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not but from everyone's reaction, I figured it had to be true but I was still in utter disbelief.

After we heard, my friends and I decided we were going to get out of there. We were trying to get towards the train, which was in the opposite direction of which everyone was heading, so it was almost like we were heading upstream and made it take much longer than what seemed was necessary to reach the train station. Only to find out that the entire subway system in Manhattan had been shut down. That's when it really hit me that something serious was going down.

That's when we decided we needed to follow everyone else and just get the hell out of the city. Nobody knew what was truly going on. How and why did a plane just fly into the WTC? Is there going to be another one? Where is it going to hit? People were hysterical, some already realizing that they had lost loved ones... Going with the flow of people had proved to be much quicker evident by how quickly we had reached the Brooklyn Bridge, which was serving as one of the gateways out of the city. We were moving along the bridge when we hear a plane whizzing by and head straight towards the South Tower - and right into it.

Shock. Panic. How do I believe my eyes because there is no way in hell that just happened right in front of my face. Nobody is moving. Police get on the mega horn and inform us that the area below the South Tower is undergoing a mass evacuation because pieces of the plane and building had fell to the ground so were now to proceed out of the city in double file. In the nearly 3 hours that we're on the bridge trying to get out with hundreds of thousands of other New Yorkers, all the while watching both towers collapse and a cloud of smoke sweep through the city. This is a story about how, my life got flipped turned upside down. Now take a minute while just sitting right there, as i tell you a little story of how i became the fresh prince of bell-air.
This is ban-worthy.
:)

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: ME86 on September 11, 2008, 01:47:37 PM
I was in forth grade and my school decided not to tell us what actually happened so it was a pretty normal day until I got home and turned on the TV, can't say I was really scared though. 
This^
iSnake

sans culottes

I was a third grader. We weren't informed about what happened in school. I got home and my mom showed me the TV. I was like "o kk wtf is wtc, w/e" and just went upstairs to play pokemanz or something. A couple days later the information I collected fit into the puzzle and I knew what the fuck was going on.

My 9/11 story is uninteresting because I'm from Dallas. But to add something interesting, I was afraid of arabs. However, I couldn't really diffrentiate arabs from Mexicans so that was insignifigant.
I support BUSH

YPrrrr

Quote from: Co-Z on September 11, 2008, 04:34:44 PM
I was a third grader. We weren't informed about what happened in school. I got home and my mom showed me the TV. I was like "o kk wtf is wtc, w/e" and just went upstairs to play pokemanz or something. A couple days later the information I collected fit into the puzzle and I knew what the fuck was going on.

My 9/11 story is uninteresting because I'm from Dallas. But to add something interesting, I was afraid of arabs. However, I couldn't really diffrentiate arabs from Mexicans so that was insignifigant.
If you're afraid of Arabs and can't tell them apart from Mexicans wouldn't that make you more afraid considering the high hispanic population in Texas?

UnagiPower

I remember the day of 9/11 and the day after, the air was gray and smelled.

Daddy

i woke up on 9/11 and was like FUCK YEAH I TURN 12 IN A WEEK

that is NOT what I thought about that night.  befuddlement

also cartoon network played the episode of johnny bravo where he hijacked the train that day.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Khadafi on September 11, 2008, 06:23:35 PM
also cartoon network played the episode of johnny bravo where he hijacked the train that day.

Haha, oh christ. Was it after it happened or before?

Daddy

Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2008, 07:33:00 PM
Haha, oh christ. Was it after it happened or before?
after lol

[REDACTED]

I do not have HIV/AIDS.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Khadafi on September 11, 2008, 07:51:54 PM
after lol

what the hell were they thinking

sounds like something that would've gotten pulled off the air but whatever

Go Up