October 04, 2024, 02:18:29 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

9/11 thread thingy

Started by Daddy, September 11, 2008, 06:17:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Beta

I was in 7th grade and I decided, along with a group of friends, that we were going to cut school that day and head to Manhattan. We had planned to make it back for football practice after school. So we hopped on the train at a ripe 7:30 in the morning, giving us plenty of time to frolic and look for girls and cause trouble and the sort. While on the train, we were attempting to figure out what we would do first. I had about $75 on me that day, so I suggested we swing by the Virgin outlet downtown so I could pick up Jay-Z's The Blueprint and Bob Dylan's Love & Theft albums.

We get off the train and are in the store at around 8:15 and begin to browse and clown around. I remember I was two people away from the register when I spotted nearly everyone outside just... running. As if on cue, what must have been the manager of the store got on the P.A. system and announced that the north tower of the WTC had been struck by a plane. I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not but from everyone's reaction, I figured it had to be true but I was still in utter disbelief.

After we heard, my friends and I decided we were going to get out of there. We were trying to get towards the train, which was in the opposite direction of which everyone was heading, so it was almost like we were heading upstream and made it take much longer than what seemed was necessary to reach the train station. Only to find out that the entire subway system in Manhattan had been shut down. That's when it really hit me that something serious was going down.

That's when we decided we needed to follow everyone else and just get the hell out of the city. Nobody knew what was truly going on. How and why did a plane just fly into the WTC? Is there going to be another one? Where is it going to hit? People were hysterical, some already realizing that they had lost loved ones... Going with the flow of people had proved to be much quicker evident by how quickly we had reached the Brooklyn Bridge, which was serving as one of the gateways out of the city. We were moving along the bridge when we hear a plane whizzing by and head straight towards the South Tower - and right into it.

Shock. Panic. How do I believe my eyes because there is no way in hell that just happened right in front of my face. Nobody is moving. Police get on the mega horn and inform us that the area below the South Tower is undergoing a mass evacuation because pieces of the plane and building had fell to the ground so were now to proceed out of the city in double file. In the nearly 3 hours that we're on the bridge trying to get out with hundreds of thousands of other New Yorkers, all the while watching both towers collapse and a cloud of smoke sweep through the city. This is a story about how, my life got flipped turned upside down. Now take a minute while just sitting right there, as i tell you a little story of how i became the fresh prince of bell-air.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Flying Circus on September 11, 2008, 01:50:20 PM
Uh, they might care about the people on those planes, but I don't know, that's just me.

I was referring to why a lot of people don't remember the crash site, but I don't know, that's just me.

Nyerp

my dad suddenly took me and my siblings out of school when he found out so that was pretty weird

i think he was upset and scared

when we got home he showed us on tv

but i don't remember being afraid or anything

i just went outside to play

YPrrrr

This has become a day dedicated to the falling of some buildings in New York, rather than the people that died and the families that suffered. Further evidence of this includes all of the merchandise depicting the twin towers... I'm surprised I haven't seen some goddamn magnetic ribbon dedicated to it plastered on a mini-van yet.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2008, 01:52:40 PM
I was referring to why a lot of people don't remember the crash site, but I don't know, that's just me.
Oh no, that's just because people are manipulated dipshits.

Daddy

Feynman

Why were your towers in front of my uncle's plane? Dumbasses.

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Khadafi on September 11, 2008, 01:58:19 PM
This is why you're a dipshit.
The overall post was horrible, but yeah, that topped it off.

guff

.818181... never forget baddood;
Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2008, 01:49:21 PM
...and the damage to the Pentagon was minimal...
except for the 125 deaths but oh well

Samus Aran

Quote from: Commodore Guff on September 11, 2008, 02:01:15 PM
except for the 125 deaths but oh well

i didn't know that the structure of the building was made with human lives

Quote from: Flying Circus on September 11, 2008, 01:55:17 PM
This has become a day dedicated to the falling of some buildings in New York, rather than the people that died and the families that suffered. Further evidence of this includes all of the merchandise depicting the twin towers... I'm surprised I haven't seen some goddamn magnetic ribbon dedicated to it plastered on a mini-van yet.

What do you expect? Everything becomes merchandise eventually. And the general population is indifferent to the deaths of people they don't know or love unless it's some shockingly large amount of people. It's unfortunate, but it's not unexpected.

guff

Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2008, 02:08:37 PM
i didn't know that the structure of the building was made with human lives
so you're saying that albert q. eida just knocked a bunch of buildings down and caused a ruckus
Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2008, 02:08:37 PM
What do you expect? Everything becomes merchandise eventually. And the general population is indifferent to the deaths of people they don't know or love unless it's some shockingly large amount of people. It's unfortunate, but it's not unexpected.
i want a unabomber figurine

Samus Aran

Quote from: Commodore Guff on September 11, 2008, 02:11:41 PM
so you're saying that albert q. eida just knocked a bunch of buildings down and caused a ruckus

no i'm saying that people don't remember the destruction of part of the pentagon because the damage to the actual building wasn't that bad

like i said, human lives aren't that important to the general population unless they know the people

russell

The spy who loves you

guff

Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2008, 02:13:52 PM
like i said, human lives aren't that important to the general population unless they know the people
i'm pretty sure most at least pretend to care more about the people than damaged government property

Go Up