September 24, 2024, 07:31:38 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ways your parents screwed up your life

Started by ncba93ivyase, August 15, 2008, 01:15:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Skylark

the book of right on

Houdini

One time my mom made me take a nap when I wasn't tired ;-;

I was three ;-;

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: skylark on August 15, 2008, 09:34:38 PM
I just didn't see that.. sorry
No need to apologize, I was just pointing it out.

Himu

Quote from: Clucky on August 15, 2008, 01:21:41 PM
-my dad used to hurt me severely emotionally and did not realize it and always questions why i don't talk to him
this

and other stuff like cheating on my mom asdfhjkl; times

CutLess

My parents never really took the time to understand me as I grew into a teenager; they, instead, focused on my older siblings.  I guess it's more of my fault because I didn't really try to connect with my parents either, and I shouldn't expect parents to do all of the work.

However, the reason why the above thing actually is true is because my parents do everything else:  besides ironing my clothes, I don't have any chores or anything.  That screwed me over because I never put any of my time management skills to use (unless I went out for sports or something and I usually didn't because the people on the teams were dicks).  I spent my days after school doing homework, talking to friends (when I still had them), and, most importantly, playing video games/going online.  Of course, the last thing led to my social downfall...

Like the first thing, though, it was still my fault.

In my opinion, it's not the big things that parents do that really affect their children, but it's the little things.  With big things, kids grow because of them and learn to handle difficult situations; with small things, though, you're not really given the opportunity to grow because 1) it might be ignored because it doesn't seem like a big deal at the time (which is why it's a small thing) and 2) it's more or less difficult to confront the parents on small things because, again, it's a small thing.

In the end, I've been given a lot of chances to make my life good, and I've missed them/screwed them up...

...On my own.

UnagiPower

my parents passed on un-athletic genes. :'(

now i have to work harder ;-;

Nyerp

Quote from: Houdini on August 15, 2008, 09:37:15 PM
One time my mom made me take a nap when I wasn't tired ;-;

I was three ;-;

Oh god, I can only imagine the mental, emotional, and physical scars. :(

Why don't people know how to parent any more? I fear for society. dawkins;

hotlikesauce.

they think they know everything about anything, and that they can fix anything they think they know everything about.

:(

Daphnia

Nothing at all. I am the very model of a cartoon individual.

Garahe

They introduced the computer. :(

Without meeting the computer so early in my life, maybe I wouldn't be such a god damn loser today.
HOLY COW I'M TOTALLY GOING SO FAST-AW FUCK

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

my parent's didn't smoke outside and everybody kept picking on me because I smelled like cigarettes.

LCK

father died at the age of 46 when i was only 15 and left me and my pretty much helpless mother alone. therefore i'm forced to take care of my mother and sacrifice my time and money for the "family" all while trying to keep a job and still have a decent teenage life

no complaints here, i'm still alive

Thyme

Nothing I can think of, actually. Everything's my own fault. :(

Classic

Quote from: Thyme on August 16, 2008, 01:49:32 PM
Nothing I can think of, actually. Everything's my own fault. :(

Cab-eee-nay?

Thyme

Quote from: They Call Me Classic on August 16, 2008, 01:54:35 PM
Cab-eee-nay?

They can't speak a word of English (exaggeration), so that's my fault too.

CHAN-DUH-LIAAAAAYYYY!

Go Up