Do you have any skills or talents that don't involve computers and video games?

Started by Samus Aran, August 10, 2008, 10:25:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

laskfn

i do sightread well, i just think its stupid...like omgzer thirds and fourths blah blah blah, stupid vowel syllables that are totally un-necessary

Classic

Give me a sight reading page and I'll do it.

But I can't guarantee the quality. giggle;

Det in F♯ Major

I'm really intruiged by drum sheet music. Like snare and base, because they only have one pitch. I've never taken a really close look at it, but aren't all their notes like, in the middle of the staff and all you read is the rhythm?
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Skylark

Quote from: LJTL on August 12, 2008, 08:33:36 PM
i do sightread well, i just think its stupid...like omgzer thirds and fourths blah blah blah, stupid vowel syllables that are totally un-necessary

Well, good job to you then.

I try hard to sight read as well as I do because for touring (as in traveling with choir) it makes it a lot easier to pick up a new piece we might have to sing for a festival or something. I dunno.

What kind of choir are you in?
the book of right on

laskfn

advanced mixed...and im blessed with the ability to be either a tenor or a bass

Skylark

aww <333 mixed choirs make my heart melt.

I'm just in an SSA choir... which is nice, I think. I like it but oh gosh I love SSATB choirs so much. We went to a festival this year and I just swooned over this one South African mixed choir.
the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: Det_Napoli on August 12, 2008, 08:34:19 PM
I'm really intruiged by drum sheet music. Like snare and base, because they only have one pitch. I've never taken a really close look at it, but aren't all their notes like, in the middle of the staff and all you read is the rhythm?
Each drum is assigned its own note on the staff. Usually, the bass drum is somewhere at the bottom of the staff, the snare is in the middle, the cymbals are above the staff, and the miscellaneous stuff is put somewhere in between. It's confusing at first, but it makes perfect sense once you get the hang of it.

laskfn

Houdini

Quote from: LJTL on August 12, 2008, 08:41:58 PM
so a drum would be like spliting up a person's voice on a staff?
If you're just playing one drum, then there's just one note on the staff.

laskfn

Houdini

Quote from: LJTL on August 12, 2008, 08:44:34 PM
IM TALKING ABOUT A DRUM-SET, HELLO!, not just one drum!

Quote from: LJTL on August 12, 2008, 08:41:58 PM
so a drum would be like spliting up a person's voice on a staff?

befuddlement

But anyway, drum music isn't really like splitting up a voice. Think of it more like piano music, except the notes tell you which part of the set to hit instead of which key to play on the piano.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: They Call Me Classic on August 12, 2008, 08:04:38 PM
For some reason, Trombonists always get along. When other bands meet, the first to make friends are the trombones.

I guess the internet is the same. thumbup;
I certainly hope so. thumbup;

Lozal

powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

YPrrrr

Skylark

the book of right on

Go Up