Do you have any skills or talents that don't involve computers and video games?

Started by Samus Aran, August 10, 2008, 10:25:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: They Call Me Classic on August 12, 2008, 08:07:25 PM
Leave it to the jock to mention that. argh;
And I thought you wouldn't get the reference giggle;

just to be sure, just what was I referring to? baddood;

Classic

Quote from: Flying Circus on August 12, 2008, 08:08:26 PM
And I thought you wouldn't get the reference giggle;

just to be sure, just what was I referring to? baddood;

I don't know the exact details but I remember watching a clip where the football guys run the trombone over. :o

Sam

Quote from: skylark-e on August 12, 2008, 08:03:52 PM
I HATE when people say that reading choral music is easy....

uh... maybe it's just because I've known it for a long time

but choral music is, at least for me, the easiest thing to read. By far.

...isn't all the music basically the same?
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Houdini on August 12, 2008, 08:05:51 PM
Has he actually tried choir? How would he know?  befuddlement

I fucking doubt it. He just likes to talk shit.

Quote from: skylark-e on August 12, 2008, 08:03:52 PM
I HATE when people say that reading choral music is easy....

SAME. again. ^______________^

it's harder because if you know the fingerings and positions of notes on your instrument, all you really have to do is figure out the rhythm, while in choir you can't just read a note and sing it really, you have to rely on a piano for all the notes. not to mention we have to memorize our music, while most instrumentalists, don't.
and nobody have a cow, because i'm on both sides of the fence, i'm a vocalist and instrumentalist.
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

YPrrrr

Quote from: They Call Me Classic on August 12, 2008, 08:10:46 PM
I don't know the exact details but I remember watching a clip where the football guys run the trombone over. :o
yeah, it was Cal vs Stanford, one of the best games ever O_0

Stanford's band thought the play was over so they came out onto the field. But it wasn't over, and the Cal player ran over the trombone player in the end zone lol

laskfn

hey lets look at all the differeny ways to sing... and then look at all the different ways to play the drums.....its like 1231241324 to 1

yeah that probably sounds retarded but oh well!

Houdini

Quote from: LJTL on August 12, 2008, 08:14:48 PM
hey lets look at all the differeny ways to sing... and then look at all the different ways to play the drums.....its like 1231241324 to 1

There's way more than just one way to play the drums  doodthing;

laskfn

wellllll shit then, but i still think theres more ways to sing then play the drums

Sam

Quote from: LJTL on August 12, 2008, 08:14:48 PM

...well any sheet music is more complicated than drum sheet music, at least for individual pieces. But when you put al the other million instruments into the equation, choral sheet music is really quite basic.  doodthing;

If we're talking about who's the best at what, I just wanna say that i've been singing in choirs for 12 years and have a gigantic rave. Though solo singing really sin't my thing.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Houdini

Quote from: LJTL on August 12, 2008, 08:18:50 PM
wellllll shit then, but i still think theres more ways to sing then play the drums
I don't think you know what you're talking about. I doubt you play the drums, because if you did you would probably know that there a lot of ways to play the drums. I'm not trying to say drums are better than singing, but I'm not going to sit here and watch you bash one of the instruments I play.

laskfn

yeah i guess soo, but i mean, im not talking about different kinds of drums and different kinds of singing...because i mean you only have one voice, soo of course theres more drums then...but you can sing in an opera, or jazz, or pop, or show tunes style voice (depending on the song) etc, whereas with one drum there is only one way to play it... and i think we all know how that is

Houdini

Quote from: LJTL on August 12, 2008, 08:26:54 PM
yeah i guess soo, but i mean, im not talking about different kinds of drums and different kinds of singing...because i mean you only have one voice, soo of course theres more drums then...but you can sing in an opera, or jazz, or pop, or show tunes style voice (depending on the song) etc, whereas with one drum there is only one way to play it... and i think we all know how that is
I'm talking about a drum set, not one drum.

Skylark

Quote from: Samwise Gamgee on August 12, 2008, 08:11:20 PM
uh... maybe it's just because I've known it for a long time

but choral music is, at least for me, the easiest thing to read. By far.

...isn't all the music basically the same?

I guess by reading I mean sightreading, if you took it that way I don't see how it'd be easy unless you have perfect pitch. And to take everything in and actually sing the music correctly, yes, I would say that it is difficult.

...I've been in choir for nine years and I would still say it's difficult.
the book of right on

laskfn

i agree that drum music is fairly easier compared to sheet music, but i guess that drums might have it harder, dont they keep the beat? and they have to go up against other things? like the other sections and instruments and stuff? whereas in choirs theres only like soprano, alto, bass, baritone, tenor? i mean sure sometimes theres t1 and t2 etc etc

and i think sightreading is easy...cept for solfa, i think its way smarter to use the letter names...makes it easier to teach

Skylark

the book of right on

Go Up