September 25, 2024, 05:24:56 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I must admit, the Half Blood Prince...

Started by Selkie, July 30, 2008, 01:09:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2008, 03:10:49 PM
I just looked at it and the only difference is british slang and they cut out more than the US version
Cut out more in the original versions?

that makes no sense.

You're right, the only difference is that they speak "british" over there and "American" over here.

Nonetheless, I want them. I'd prefer to read through those when I re-complete the series, instead of my beat up copies. All i'm saying is the next time I purchase my harry potter set (because mine is absolutely torn apart), it will consist of the original books.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Hiro

Quote from: Samwise Gamgee on July 30, 2008, 03:16:29 PM
Cut out more in the original versions?

that makes no sense.

You're right, the only difference is that they speak "british" over there and "American" over here.

Nonetheless, I want them. I'd prefer to read through those when I re-complete the series, instead of my beat up copies. All i'm saying is the next time I purchase my harry potter set (because mine is absolutely torn apart), it will consist of the original books.
a'ight

Oh shit that kid still hasn't given me my copy of 7 back

KonohaShinobi

I still need to finish the seventh book. My favorite is Half Blood Prince but my least favorite is Order Of The Phoenix. It was so boring.

Hiro

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 30, 2008, 03:23:45 PM
I still need to finish the seventh book. My favorite is Half Blood Prince but my least favorite is Order Of The Phoenix. It was so boring.
HARRY DIES  powerofone;

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2008, 03:25:42 PM
faggot post  powerofone;

Wow, you are so full of shit.

If you are serious I hope your fucking ass is banned. I am not really in a laughing mood you piece of shit boyager. We have spoiler tags for a fucking reason and after I say I didn't finish the final book you post a spoiler for it? Wow, the book isn't even a year old you asshole. People like you piss me off to no end.

Hiro

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 30, 2008, 03:28:23 PM

If you are serious I hope your fucking ass is banned. I am not really in a laughing mood you piece of shit boyager. We have spoiler tags for a fucking reason and after I say I didn't finish the final book you post a spoiler for it? Wow, the book isn't even a year old you asshole. People like you piss me off to no end.
If you were a true HP fan you would have read it by now.
Ah, suck it up, I won't get banned.
People spoiled the 6th book for me, not a week after it came out.

Just read on, you will see........  caterpie;

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2008, 03:30:35 PM
If you were a true HP fan you would have read it by now.
Ah, suck it up, I won't get banned.
People spoiled the 6th book for me, not a week after it came out.

Just read on, you will see........  caterpie;

Sorry, I have a life and sitting in a dark room and reading for ten hours is not my idea of fun. You still should have used a spoiler tag you idiot. As for whether you will be banned or not is not up to me, but it is long over due.

Wait and see.

Hiro

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 30, 2008, 03:34:54 PM
Sorry, I have a life and sitting in a dark room and reading for ten hours is not my idea of fun. You still should have used a spoiler tag you idiot. As for whether you will be banned or not is not up to me, but it is long over due.

Wait and see.
......................... doodthing;

Placebo Headwound

Hiro

Quote from: Thief888 on July 30, 2008, 04:39:14 PM
Hiro is lying, shut the fuck up Kono.
Dude, I'm totally not.  doodthing; Did you read the book?

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2008, 04:49:38 PM
Dude, I'm totally not.  doodthing; Did you read the book?
gawd don't tell him that gonk;

Geno

Quote from: Samwise Gamgee on July 30, 2008, 03:06:51 PM
...what the fuck are you talking about? Of course I've read them. The american versions. I want to read the originals.

For some reason everyone appears to be oblivious to the fact that the books were altered for the American market.

I'm a bigger HP fan than all of you, so stfu before I get violent.  baddood;

Hell, even look at the difference from the original:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

notice anything? (other than the illustration)
I didn't think the british versions were any different from the US  baddood;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Houdini

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 30, 2008, 03:28:23 PM

It sounds like someone just learned a few new words.

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 30, 2008, 03:34:54 PM
Sorry, I have a life and sitting in a dark room and reading for ten hours is not my idea of fun.
Yet you seem to be fine with sitting in a dark room in front of a computer for ten hours.  doodthing;

Sam

Kono, Hiro is twisting the truth, so don't listen to him. And aside from the fact that spoiler tags are important, he is right; the book has been out for practically a year now, don't you think you should have read it by now?

Anyway, I suggest you get to it.

[spoiler]snape kills dumbledore[/spoiler]
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Go Up