September 25, 2024, 05:38:20 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I must admit, the Half Blood Prince...

Started by Selkie, July 30, 2008, 01:09:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I am sometimes ashamed to admit that I got Deathly Hallows the day it came out and read the entire thing that day.

But what can I say? Even if the books aren't particularly amazing or anything, they had a very interesting story at the core...and I was really eager to finally finish that story. It was like a mystery I first learned of in 4th grade or something like that, so it had to be finished.

I'm not too keen on the movies, honestly, because I hate how much gets changed and all and it just makes it hard for me to enjoy them to the fullest. But the movies aren't way too horrible I guess...at least they look pretty, if nothing else.

Hiro

Quote from: Samwise Gamgee on July 30, 2008, 08:39:06 PM
Kono, Hiro is twisting the truth,
CUT THAT PART OUT IT'S AN EVEN BIGGER SPOILER D:

Hiro

Quote from: Kazmuffin on July 30, 2008, 08:42:22 PM
I am sometimes ashamed to admit that I got Deathly Hallows the day it came out and read the entire thing that day.

But what can I say? Even if the books aren't particularly amazing or anything, they had a very interesting story at the core...and I was really eager to finally finish that story. It was like a mystery I first learned of in 4th grade or something like that, so it had to be finished.

I'm not too keen on the movies, honestly, because I hate how much gets changed and all and it just makes it hard for me to enjoy them to the fullest. But the movies aren't way too horrible I guess...at least they look pretty, if nothing else.
I got it the day it came out too, but without trying really. I was like "harry potter is out today I should get that" and then we went to the grocery store and it was there so I was like "cool"
And I read it in 3 days, but I read it non-stop  doodthing;
I read at a talking pace.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2008, 08:45:33 PM
I got it the day it came out too, but without trying really. I was like "harry potter is out today I should get that" and then we went to the grocery store and it was there so I was like "cool"
And I read it in 3 days, but I read it non-stop  doodthing;
I read at a talking pace.

I read really fast for some reason...I can't really help it. doodthing;

Hiro

Quote from: Kazmuffin on July 30, 2008, 08:46:48 PM
I read really fast for some reason...I can't really help it. doodthing;
I don't know how people can do that, you don't get full enjoyment out of it that way.... it's just throwing words at you and knowing just enough to continue. People don't talk that fast in real life, so why should they in a book?

Houdini

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2008, 08:49:01 PM
I don't know how people can do that, you don't get full enjoyment out of it that way.... it's just throwing words at you and knowing just enough to continue. People don't talk that fast in real life, so why should they in a book?
Everyone reads at a different pace. Just because you can't enjoy a book at a fast pace doesn't mean I can't.

Hiro

Quote from: Picasso on July 30, 2008, 08:58:22 PM
Everyone reads at a different pace. Just because you can't enjoy a book at a fast pace doesn't mean I can't.
Yeah I know. I said "I don't know how you people can do that" obviously you can, I just don't know how

Houdini

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2008, 09:03:36 PM
Yeah I know. I said "I don't know how you people can do that" obviously you can, I just don't know how
Perhaps you're not as good a reader as I am.

Hiro

Quote from: Picasso on July 30, 2008, 09:15:28 PM
Perhaps you're not as good a reader as I am.
I think it's just a preference that I've adjusted to

Sam

July 30, 2008, 10:10:14 PM #39 Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:15:59 PM by Samwise Gamgee
Quote from: steal on July 30, 2008, 10:01:56 PM
but sitting in a dark room and reading internet posts for ten hours is your idea of fun

but don't worry harry comes back to life or something

idk i never read it but i read a list of all the spoilers and exact page numbers of when each character dies on the internet like a day before the book came out. it was fun reading them all off to my mom and brother when they came back from the midnight release. befuddlement

Anyways I was never too much of a harry potter fan, but the rest of my family is pretty nuts about harry potter. They went to every midnight

I only got the book at midnight for 5, 6, qand 7. :(

And I didn't wait in line or anything, just walked to the 24-hour grocery store and got it.  doodella;

I'm actually surprised I read all of the 6rth book before that one giant spoiler got to me.  doodthing;
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Pyrate

I got Deathly Hallows at 10AM the day it came out and I finished it a few minutes before midnight. meaty cocks

Does anyone remember the guy on NSider who insisted that he finished it in 2 hours?

strongbad

Quote from: Pyrate on July 31, 2008, 08:01:04 AM
I got Deathly Hallows at 10AM the day it came out and I finished it a few minutes before midnight. meaty cocks

Does anyone remember the guy on NSider who insisted that he finished it in 2 hours?

YES
What a faggot.

Geno

Quote from: steal on July 30, 2008, 11:52:44 PM
waiting in lines is kinda fun because there's all sorts of nuts dressed up in costumes (like my mom :()
When I was waiting in line some faggot was dressed like Luigi  baddood;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Hiro

Quote from: Davie on July 31, 2008, 10:46:32 AM
YES
What a faggot.
What, that's a actually possible, I used to know a kid that could read a whole HP book in about 3 hours  doodthing;

Quote from: Geno on July 31, 2008, 01:45:19 PM
what the fuck? goonish

Sam

Quote from: Geno on July 31, 2008, 01:45:19 PM

For.... harry potter?

what?
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Go Up