June 23, 2024, 12:29:54 PM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

DIABLO III

Started by The artist formally known, June 28, 2008, 01:11:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mobius135

Quote from: Pancake Persona on June 28, 2008, 01:17:09 PM
ON OS X, AS USUAL

EVEN LESS RAISINS TO OWN A PC

Yay now for "consistent" gameplay across platforms. Our high-end 2012 computers will now have to render graphics at an Apple level. It's gonna be like 2002 all over again!
.gif[/img]

Daddy

Quote from: Mobius135 on May 14, 2012, 09:27:06 AM
Yay now for "consistent" gameplay across platforms. Our high-end 2012 computers will now have to render graphics at an Apple level. It's gonna be like 2002 all over again!
uh

15 inch Macbook Pros come standard with a Radeon HD 6750M that has 512MB RAM minimum.

That can sure as hell run DIII pretty damn fine without any trouble.  My 2007 Macbook Pro ran SCII without issues and that didn't even have a dedicated card, so I don't know wtf you're talking about.

Daddy

And I say 15 inch because I doubt about anyone who might try gaming on a 13 inch is gonna give a shit about graphics.

Mobius135

Quote from: Khadafi on May 15, 2012, 12:48:56 PM
uh

15 inch Macbook Pros come standard with a Radeon HD 6750M that has 512MB RAM minimum.

Yes, they are filled with weak-sauce filling, then labeled "revolutionary"

We need more gee bees! 512mb was sick, 5 years ago. When even baseline PCs now come with 1GB dedicated, game developers can finally get out of the dark ages of graphics.
.gif[/img]

Tomboh

Quote from: Khadafi on May 15, 2012, 12:48:56 PM
uh

That can sure as hell run DIII pretty damn fine without any trouble.  My 2007 Macbook Pro ran SCII without issues and that didn't even have a dedicated card, so I don't know wtf you're talking about.

My friend plays a lot of SC2 on his Macbook Pro which he got last year.

He loads games incredibly slow, he often lags while in the game (sometimes gets dropped), his colors are screwed up, and he always lags about 5 seconds at the beginning of game, which puts him behind.

js

Daddy

Quote from: Mobius135 on May 15, 2012, 04:33:31 PM
Yes, they are filled with weak-sauce filling, then labeled "revolutionary"

We need more gee bees! 512mb was sick, 5 years ago. When even baseline PCs now come with 1GB dedicated, game developers can finally get out of the dark ages of graphics.
uh 512MB on a laptop currently isn't bad.

Unless you're one of the dipshits who pays 3000 dollars for an "OMG ALIUNWARE GAYMEN LAPTAP PEA SEA".  A 1GB or 2 (lol) GB graphics card on a laptop is going to fucking fry the motherboard or card within a few years unless you have a massive chassis to properly cool it, in which case your laptop is no longer portable.

You're comparing the specs of a laptop which are pretty damn standard to a Desktop.  WHY AINT MAH LAPTOP GOT 16GB OF RAM, 8TB STORAGE, AND DUAL DISPLAYS FUCK U APPLE.

Most laptops I see that do have one or two GB and aren't massive as fuck are using DDR3 In which case 512MB DDR5 outperforms 1GB DDR3

Quote from: Tomboh on May 15, 2012, 10:28:37 PM
My friend plays a lot of SC2 on his Macbook Pro which he got last year.

He loads games incredibly slow, he often lags while in the game (sometimes gets dropped), his colors are screwed up, and he always lags about 5 seconds at the beginning of game, which puts him behind.

js
Mine works fine and I have the late 2011 Model

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=895653

As for the 2010 Mode"l Yes the GT 330M will handle SC2 on High just fine. (i know this from beta testing) Diablo 3 however,.... doubtful."

What settings is he using? If he has the same card as me then something other than the power is wrong.  If he's not maybe he needs to adjust the settings (probably post processing, v-sync, or the mouse lag option)

Again, if you want to run a game on Ultra. don't be an idiot and play on a fucking laptop.  Even if the card is powerful enough, running it that high is going to heat the shit out of it which could also cause shitty quality.  My card on my desktop has a fan that blocks the two PCI slots below it just to keep it cool. You can't really fit that onto a laptop.

There is also the issue of it being retarded as fuck to try playing a  game on the highest possible settings on a 13-17 inch screen.

Thyme

Daddy

Quote from: Thyme on May 16, 2012, 01:08:46 PM
^^ i agree
giggle;

also idk if i should be demon hunter or witch doctor.
I couldn't play at all yesterday because i was either busy or the shit was down.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Khadafi on May 16, 2012, 01:11:59 PM
giggle;

also idk if i should be demon hunter or witch doctor.
I couldn't play at all yesterday because i was either busy or the shit was down.
demon hunter is p.cool.
just be sure to hold down shift most of the time when you do your primary attack or you'll end up running into the mobs

also when you get to the part where you save the templar be sure to change shields for him or else you'll glitch your game where you wont be able to log in.

it basically desynchronizes your info from the server
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Snowy

Daddy

Quote from: Snowy on May 16, 2012, 01:17:05 PM

Yes because I want to pay 20 bucks for a game and then 14 dollars a month after to play the fucking game (or I can play for a while and earn ingame money to pay for the game)

Quote from: Kefka on May 16, 2012, 01:16:57 PM
also when you get to the part where you save the templar be sure to change shields for him or else you'll glitch your game where you wont be able to log in.

it basically desynchronizes your info from the server
gj blizard

Snowy

Quote from: Khadafi on May 16, 2012, 01:22:16 PM
Yes because I want to pay 20 bucks for a game and then 14 dollars a month after to play the fucking game (or I can play for a while and earn ingame money to pay for the game)
gj blizard
I just thought it was funny.

YPrrrr

I want to play a witchdoctor, I hope mana isn't a bitch :O

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: NDDR on May 16, 2012, 03:28:15 PM
I want to play a witchdoctor, I hope mana isn't a bitch :O
:O
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up