September 28, 2024, 04:31:54 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Tha Carter III

Started by V, June 01, 2008, 04:00:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

V

Quote from: FREDO on June 01, 2008, 07:43:38 PM
. . .

. . .

I got no more to say to you.

Sign up here - http://niketalk.yuku.com/forums/16/t/Music.html - where we talk REAL music.

See you in a month b.

Or you could sign up here. http://forums.sohh.com/index.php

Where we keep it real and not like music just because the artist is a legend. If it's trash, it's trash.

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: V on June 01, 2008, 07:47:06 PM
Where we keep it real and not like music just because the artist is a legend. If it's trash, it's trash.

First thread I see - http://forums.sohh.com/showthread.php?t=1031999

I've been there and I left because there are nothing but stans there that you can't have real discussions with. Like I said, sign up where I be at, enlighten yourself a little.

V

I don't need enlightening. I recognize every album you said as classics; I know Hip Hop.

BUT, It's not all about the lyrics. It's about timing and trends too, and him owning the position as a leader in Hip Hop.

If you can't accept that, you're seriously in denial.

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: V on June 01, 2008, 08:10:37 PM
BUT, It's not all about the lyrics. It's about timing and trends too, and him owning the position as a leader in Hip Hop.

If you can't accept that, you're seriously in denial.

Wayne ain't even top 3 in THAT discussion.

kanYe
Jay
Wayne
Lupe

V

June 01, 2008, 09:08:33 PM #19 Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 09:16:15 PM by V
Quote from: FREDO on June 01, 2008, 08:31:54 PM
Wayne ain't even top 3 in THAT discussion.

kanYe
Jay
Wayne
Lupe

50? Wow, get out this thread and don't come back.

I like 50, but lyrically he isn't on none of the people's level you just mentioned. He might be at 5 because he can make some hits, but when it comes to actual rapping and being the biggest in Hip Hop at this moment, the lists goes a little different.

Wayne
Kanye
Jay

After those, I don't care who you put, but that's how it goes.

Lil' wayne hasn't had in an album out before Tha Carter 3 for how long and remained the hottest out, having mixtapes considered better than most albums, and featuring on just about on every fucking person's song?

Come on man, let's give credit where it's due.

And in no way am I a Wayne stan. The dude isn't even in my list of top five favorite rappers. Just thought I'd let you know before you try to use that argument against me.

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: V on June 01, 2008, 09:08:33 PM
Lil' wayne hasn't had in an album out before Tha Carter 3 for how long and remained the hottest out, having mixtapes considered better than most albums, and featuring on just about on every fucking person's song?

Come on man, let's give credit where it's due.

Funny, I hate 50 but there is no denying HIM the buzz he creates for ANYTHING that has to do with him.

Like I said, just because an album is hot does not mean it's a classic. Just because an artist is hot at the time does not mean he has ascended the ranks. All of those albums I named? Those are classics, they've stood the test of time. Jay-Z, Nas, OutKast, UGK, Common, Scarface, Ghostface . . . THOSE are GREAT rappers who deserve all the credit in the world. They've put out quality music for over 10 years (some even 20 years) and still managed to stay relevant to this day. Wayne hasn't PROVED anything to assign him any title yet.

Quote from: V on June 01, 2008, 09:08:33 PM
And in no way am I a Wayne stan. The dude isn't even in my list of top five favorite rappers. Just thought I'd let you know before you try to use that argument against me.
Please, this nigga ain't even in my top 50 . . .

Daddy

how about lloyd banks guys

V

Quote from: FREDO on June 01, 2008, 09:24:21 PM
Funny, I hate 50 but there is no denying HIM the buzz he creates for ANYTHING that has to do with him.

Like I said, just because an album is hot does not mean it's a classic. Just because an artist is hot at the time does not mean he has ascended the ranks. All of those albums I named? Those are classics, they've stood the test of time. Jay-Z, Nas, OutKast, UGK, Common, Scarface, Ghostface . . . THOSE are GREAT rappers who deserve all the credit in the world. They've put out quality music for over 10 years (some even 20 years) and still managed to stay relevant to this day. Wayne hasn't PROVED anything to assign him any title yet.

But you're ignoring the fact the nigga been rapping since how old? And back in the day he was killing the game with the Cash Money bling/bling era. Not considered one of the best lyricists back then, but he was always relevant to the game. And at only age 25 and producing shit like this, you can't help but notice that he's quickly becoming one of the best and has so much time to surpass and reach the ranks of the Biggies, Pacs, and Jays.

Quote from: FREDO on June 01, 2008, 09:24:21 PM
Please, this nigga ain't even in my top 50 . . .
Good for you.

And I hate how niggas treat Biggie like he some lyrical genius. He had some of the wackest fucking lines in the history of rap. Don't get me wrong, the man is top five dead or alive, and a legend, but it goes to show you that every once and a while EVERY artist gets hyped up.

"Sour like a pickle be."

"Short like lepechauns."

"Ball like a player."

"You turn green like cucumber skin."

"Take heart like valentines."

"Dash like Dame."

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: V on June 01, 2008, 09:37:15 PM
But you're ignoring the fact the nigga been rapping since how old? And back in the day he was killing the game with the Cash Money bling/bling era. Not considered one of the best lyricists back then, but he was always relevant to the game. And at only age 25 and producing shit like this, you can't help but notice that he's quickly becoming one of the best and has so much time to surpass and reach the ranks of the Biggies, Pacs, and Jays.
With all that said, you simply can't judge someone's career based on his potential.

Quote from: V on June 01, 2008, 09:37:15 PM
And I hate how niggas treat Biggie like he some lyrical genius. He had some of the wackest fucking lines in the history of rap. Don't get me wrong, the man is top five dead or alive, and a legend, but it goes to show you that every once and a while EVERY artist gets hyped up.
EVERYBODY has their share of stupid lines. The English language can only go but so far.

But anyways, how about we actually discuss this album . . . and how "Dr. Carter" is THAT shit.

V

Quote from: FREDO on June 01, 2008, 09:44:55 PM
With all that said, you simply can't judge someone's career based on his potential.
EVERYBODY has their share of stupid lines. The English language can only go but so far.

But anyways, how about we actually discuss this album . . . and how "Dr. Carter" is THAT shit.

Yo, the song is crazy. Concept was definitely something fresh and his execution was good.

One of the songs that most people might not like but I do, and it contains a line that you frowned upon is "Phone Home."

I find the concept of him being "a martian" and all, and how he likes to consider himself an alien hot. The hook is catchy too, and Cool and Dre provided a different and fitting beat.

But as of now, my favorite track is "Tie My Hands." Robin Thicke was the highlight of that song.

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: V on June 01, 2008, 09:52:41 PM
One of the songs that most people might not like but I do, and it contains a line that you frowned upon is "Phone Home."

I find the concept of him being "a martian" and all, and how he likes to consider himself an alien hot. The hook is catchy too, and Cool and Dre provided a different and fitting beat.
Nah, nah I like "Phone Home" too. I used that line because I like it and that shit make me laugh.

This nigga wasted a good beat in "Misunderstood".

And Fab > Juelz > Wayne on "You Ain't Got Nothin'".

Houdini

Hey guys how about Flo Rida

V

Quote from: FREDO on June 01, 2008, 09:58:05 PM
And Fab > Juelz > Wayne on "You Ain't Got Nothin'".

This crazy because me, my brother and my cousin were just talking about that song today. We put that same exact order of who was hottest on that song as you did.

I still think he should have kept "Gossip"  and "I'm Me" for this album in replace of "Got Money" and "You Ain't Got Nothin'."

Quote from: houdini on June 01, 2008, 10:01:20 PM
Hey guys how about Flo Rida
Let him die.

Houdini

Quote from: V on June 01, 2008, 10:02:20 PM
Let him die.
But what about t pain i like his song ill buy u a drank

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: V on June 01, 2008, 10:02:20 PM
I still think he should have kept "Gossip"  and "I'm Me" for this album in replace of "Got Money" and "You Ain't Got Nothin'."
Supposedly the retail version of the album is going to include a second disc with:

"I'm Me"
"Gossip"
"Kush"
"Love Me Or Hate Me"
"Talkin' About It"
"Got Money (Remix) (Feat. T-Pain & Pitbull)"
"Lollipop (CHOPS Remix) (Feat. Static)"
"Lollipop (Remix) (Feat. kanYe West & Young Jeezy)"

In that order.

Go Up