September 28, 2024, 04:20:39 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Started by Gin, May 21, 2008, 09:29:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Gin

So I just got back from seeing the new Indiana Jones movie, and I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed. It had a decent story at best, and completely lacked the feeling of an Indiana Jones movie. Harrison Ford and Shia Lebouf actually did a pretty good job, which I found surprising. Overall, I'd give it a 7.5/10. It's a good movie and enjoyable for the majority of the movie, but it is by no means anything like the old Indiana Jones movies.

Houdini

Do they say whether or not Indiana Jones is a replicant?

Samus Aran

From what I've heard, it's easy to relate to Temple of Doom in that there's little or no motive for Indy to actually do what he's doing in an archealogical light.

In Raiders, it was the goddamn ark. In Crusade, it was the grail. In Temple, he was just rescuing some kids and saving a village for no apparent reason other than "glory." As for the crystal skulls, these things are more like actual fairy tales rather than supposed treasures. I've heard there isn't much for emotional reasoning in anything for this one either. He's not saving his dad or a village or trying to stop Nazis.

Of course, I haven't seen it yet...I'm just restating some problems that I've heard others mention.

Gin

Quote from: Kaz on May 21, 2008, 09:34:43 PM
From what I've heard, it's easy to relate to Temple of Doom in that there's little or no motive for Indy to actually do what he's doing in an archealogical light.

In Raiders, it was the goddamn ark. In Crusade, it was the grail. In Temple, he was just rescuing some kids and saving a village for no apparent reason other than "glory." As for the crystal skulls, these things are more like actual fairy tales rather than supposed treasures. I've heard there isn't much for emotional reasoning in anything for this one either. He's not saving his dad or a village or trying to stop Nazis.

Of course, I haven't seen it yet...I'm just restating some problems that I've heard others mention.

It's pretty much exactly like that. No real motivation. Also, how have you heard about from others, it doesn't come out till tomorrow. 

Samus Aran

Quote from: Gin on May 21, 2008, 09:39:30 PM
It's pretty much exactly like that. No real motivation. Also, how have you heard about from others, it doesn't come out till tomorrow. 

Well, my mom specifically. She was reading reviews and told me about them.

The artist formally known

My friends saw it at midnight last night so  :(

One of them said it was awesome.

Geno

I just watched Temple of Doom and I am so ready for it  baddood;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Andrew1911

Mediocre.  :(

Fuck you, Lucas. Fuck you, Koepp. You two are the fucking Devil.

Sam

Was there some scene that took place in the 50's?

they transformed one neighborhood in New Haven (which is really close to me) into some 50's scene for that movie. I went and saw the neghborhood, but nothing was being filmed at that exact time, so I have no idea what scene it;'s supposed to be.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Andrew1911

Sam

Quote from: Andrew1911 on May 22, 2008, 11:47:15 PM
The whole movie is set in the 50s.  baddood;

oh >.>

Maybe the whole movie was shot there then.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Placebo Headwound

C.Mongler

Nyerp

Worst movie in the series, lacked the Indy charm, and I hope they never make another one again.

But I enjoyed it a little I guess.

Quote from: Houdini on May 22, 2008, 11:52:55 PM
Maybe the whole movie was shot there then.

no, idiot

Go Up