September 28, 2024, 04:16:27 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Driving music

Started by The artist formally known, May 18, 2008, 02:36:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

May 18, 2008, 02:36:25 PM Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 09:56:56 PM by reefer
I'd have to say the best driving music is Moonsorrow

And a great song for driving is Riders on the Storm,

LCK

I just discovered yesterday that I love driving to Queens of the Stone Age. It's just so fucking awesome. :|

Quote from: Mr. CanKick on May 18, 2008, 02:39:56 PM
I just discovered yesterday that I love driving to Queens of the Stone Age. It's just so fucking awesome. :|
Though I haven't listened to them in ages I could imagine.

It's like the music has to have the moving feeling, Moonsorrow is so awesome for driving, probably because thats the only place I listen to them.

LCK

Quote from: reefer on May 18, 2008, 02:43:54 PM
Though I haven't listened to them in ages I could imagine.

It's like the music has to have the moving feeling, Moonsorrow is so awesome for driving, probably because thats the only place I listen to them.
I don't usually listen to them, but as I was driving about 70 down the highway, my friend popped in a CD.
I was like "fuck yea" and it was just so thrilling.

I've never even listened to Moonsorrow. I really think I should.

Quote from: Mr. CanKick on May 18, 2008, 02:49:01 PM
I don't usually listen to them, but as I was driving about 70 down the highway, my friend popped in a CD.
I was like "fuck yea" and it was just so thrilling.

I've never even listened to Moonsorrow. I really think I should.
They fucking rule so hard, but of all, besides Opeth, my newest favorite band is Arcturus

I don't know why but it's so fucking amazing. Vocals similar to Borknagar because they shared two or so singers.

Snorkel

Allman Bros. album At Fillmore East, and most jazz.

sans culottes

Travelling Riverside Blues.
I support BUSH

Houdini

The Doors makes for great driving music indeed. Same goes for Queens of the Stone Age, especially Songs for the Deaf and, at night, Lullabies to Paralyze. I also like driving to the Meat Puppets, early Black Sabbath, Radiohead (particularly OK Computer), Smashing Pumpkins (especially Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie), and Moving Pictures-era Rush (Red Barchetta, whoooooooo).

Skylark

I think that Modest Mouse is great driving music.
the book of right on

Samus Aran

Quote from: sam on May 18, 2008, 04:55:39 PM
(Red Barchetta, whoooooooo).

YES

Anyway, I enjoy driving to anything that I find particularly fun to sing along to, so that includes a lot of pop-rock, especially The Beatles. I also agree that The Doors are great for driving. I like to use their L.A. Woman album when it comes to driving. Though actually these days I usually use a mix of Doors stuff because only using L.A. Woman leaves out the completely necessary sing-alongs "Peace Frog," "Break on Through," and "Not to Touch the Earth."

Daphnia

Houdini

Go Up